I knew I knew that name before - Stuart James "Herald" | Page 7 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

I knew I knew that name before - Stuart James "Herald"

Jan 30, 2017
Has it not occurred to anyone that Andy Phillips simply tasks his team with doing a 'Twitter round up' post-game.

Most fans on the #pafc hashtag around the past few weeks have been exceptionally angry, particularly with Adams. Rightly or wrongly, not really relevant.

Then Mr James has had to do a Twitter round up, as per his editor's instructions, and the clear narrative is the one he uses.

I am not a fan of it, I think it's lazy practice, but I'd imagine it isn't his choice and it's not like fans have been positive until this week, is it?

Jan 4, 2005
NEWQUAY
Green90":bug7fsir said:
Has it not occurred to anyone that Andy Phillips simply tasks his team with doing a 'Twitter round up' post-game.

Most fans on the #pafc hashtag around the past few weeks have been exceptionally angry, particularly with Adams. Rightly or wrongly, not really relevant.

Then Mr James has had to do a Twitter round up, as per his editor's instructions, and the clear narrative is the one he uses.

I am not a fan of it, I think it's lazy practice, but I'd imagine it isn't his choice and it's not like fans have been positive until this week, is it?

There has been some gnashing of teeth early this season, that is accepted, but you do not read Argyle related editorial with such an 'edge' in for example the local 'Independent' newspaper on a Sunday. This guy is never going to be another Henry Winter that's for sure starting on a provincial newspaper, but he could learn from the standards of the metropolitan football columnists, who all have their favourite teams.

Jan 30, 2017
Quintrell_Green":19xhkean said:
Green90":19xhkean said:

There has been some gnashing of teeth early this season, that is accepted, but you do not read Argyle related editorial with such an 'edge' in for example the local 'Independent' newspaper on a Sunday. This guy is never going to be another Henry Winter that's for sure starting on a provincial newspaper, but he could learn from the standards of the metropolitan football columnists, who all have their favourite teams.

Stuart James doesn't write editorial on Argyle. He turns out the Twitter 'articles'. He's on the desk being assigned the crap designed for social that Errington won't touch.

I don't see how the point you're making is relevant.

justanotherfan

✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Mar 4, 2012
Plymouth
Kentishgreen":1u6hxyyt said:
So who are our greatest rivals - Chelsea, Man U? Certainly not palearse

Eh! Bradford, Oxford, Wimbledon etc. etc., in fact any team currently in League One and not some small town club, with no history, in a league lower than us. At almost 50 miles distant it would not even be a local derby.

up the line

🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Mar 7, 2010
Manchester
read all about it, read all about it..
'MAN DOES JOB CORRECTLY. LOCALS NOT HAPPY'

There was shock and anger in Plymouth today when a man employed in the city was found to be from somewhere else.

The man, who cannot be named for legal reasons, had apparently never previously disclosed his place of birth to his employers, who have spoken of their horror to find that they had been paying the wages of an outsider.

Bosses at the firm told us of their shock and that he'd been a model employee as long as they can recall, had always been on time and never bailed out on the Tesco biscuit run.

The web of deception came crashing down around the man earlier today when by chance he left his phone unattended and a personal call came through with an unusual dialling code.

The man was last seen fleeing towards Dartmoor pursued by an enraged mob. Residents are advised to remain vigilant and to avoid anyone with a mildly different accent.

If you've been affected by this story there isn't a helpline

Feb 18, 2009
Plymouth
up_the_line":2z07gnkn said:

There was shock and anger in Plymouth today when a man employed in the city was found to be from somewhere else.

The man, who cannot be named for legal reasons, had apparently never previously disclosed his place of birth to his employers, who have spoken of their horror to find that they had been paying the wages of an outsider.

Bosses at the firm told us of their shock and that he'd been a model employee as long as they can recall, had always been on time and never bailed out on the Tesco biscuit run.

The web of deception came crashing down around the man earlier today when by chance he left his phone unattended and a personal call came through with an unusual dialling code.

The man was last seen fleeing towards Dartmoor pursued by an enraged mob. Residents are advised to remain vigilant and to avoid anyone with a mildly different accent.

How can I go about getting back the 30 seconds of my life wasted reading that claptrap?

Lundan Cabbie

⚪️ Pasoti Visitor ⚪️
Sep 3, 2008
Plymouth
justanotherfan":p2rztb1z said:
Kentishgreen":p2rztb1z said:

Eh! Bradford, Oxford, Wimbledon etc. etc., in fact any team currently in League One and not some small town club, with no history, in a league lower than us. At almost 50 miles distant it would not even be a local derby.

It says "GREATEST rival" not this season's rivals. If it isn't them, then who could it be?

Sep 6, 2006
Lundan Cabbie":my1penzg said:
justanotherfan":my1penzg said:
Kentishgreen":my1penzg said:

It says "GREATEST rival" not this season's rivals. If it isn't them, then who could it be?

Rival for what? There are actually very few seasons when we are in the same division. We really should just ignore them. An irrelevance.

C

Chocolate Cake

up_the_line":17my5ftg said:

You've got a talent for comedy. That sums up this thread perfectly.

As for the poster who bought 50 copies of the Herald to put them in the bin. You bought 50 copies you sad sausage - good grief don't you get the irony? Only hope you put them in the re-cycling bin.

justanotherfan

✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Mar 4, 2012
Plymouth
Chocolate Cake":3ifw9sbl said:
up_the_line":3ifw9sbl said:

As for the poster who bought 50 copies of the Herald to put them in the bin. You bought 50 copies you sad sausage - good grief don't you get the irony? Only hope you put them in the re-cycling bin.

Really?

Apr 25, 2006
Cornwall
justanotherfan":2dssz1d8 said:
Chocolate Cake":2dssz1d8 said:
up_the_line":2dssz1d8 said:

Really?

I suspect someone has been well and truly whoooooshed here.

justanotherfan

✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Mar 4, 2012
Plymouth
Lundan Cabbie":3etpu8dt said:
justanotherfan":3etpu8dt said:
Kentishgreen":3etpu8dt said:

Geographically we don`t have a greatest rival, we are a one club city with the nearest pro team approximately 50 miles away, I reiterate all teams in our current league are our rivals.

C

Chocolate Cake

Guiri Green":1dysrrzu said:
So, he thinks us Argyle fans are idiots worthy of a wind up does he ? Well, I'm not one for trying to get someone a job change but have done the next best thing. I've been out and bought 50 copies of the Herald, I then threw them all in the bin without reading any of them !

Who's the mug now then, Mr Plymouth Herald ?

Yes really. It's probably a wind up too.

By the way I'm from Essex and once watched West Ham a few seasons. I made a joke about Argyle to my Plymouth born friend. I'm going to church later to confess my sins. I'm going to swim in the freezing cold waters of the Plym estuary to cleanse my sins. Then if I will offer a full apology by social media. I'm truly very sorry.