I knew I knew that name before - Stuart James "Herald" | Page 5 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

I knew I knew that name before - Stuart James "Herald"

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
Exactly.

The story he ‘created’ was when he asked about 30 fans what they thought, but he simply printed what a few answered. He didn’t report when people told him to do one of sny if the fans who said they thought DA was right.

Also I happen to know someone who he told he loved winding up Argyld fans and getting paid for it.

He’s a troll, as simple as.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
Plus I would add, it’s the management I blame for allowing this bloke to do what he has done.

If they think that this is funny, clever or the way the Herald should treat Argyle fans, then I think they are mistaken.

According to Edd Moore last night, the paper has 100,000 readers now, so perhaps they see Argyle fan baiting as the way to improve their readership, the good for him. I think a few might view the Herald in general and this troll in particular quite differently now.

He even changed his poll, his first didn’t get the answer he wanted so he then changed it.

They’re on a wind up and the snowflakes can’t even admit it.

Feb 18, 2009
Plymouth
tandark":2a1lqupt said:
I'll likely get burnt for this, but I think this witch hunt of Stuart James is at best misguided.
Content on the Herald/Plymouth Live site is at worst clickbait. They are suffering from the decline of print media, which is evident in the sheer volume of adverts on the site alone.
Even if James was a shameless anti-Argyle nonsense spouting Grecian, his opinion still wouldn't matter to me enough to warrant the kind of reaction I've seen on social media.

The joy of the modern age of the internet is that it's so easy to get outraged at something, but at the end of the day it solves nothing and only serves to cultivate further ill-will, which is exactly what I've seen on twitter (which is volatile enough).

We Are Argyle. And I'd expect better from our more high profile fans.

Roast away fellow Greens! :)

Stop making us sound so village FFS. Do you think LFC fans would be happy if one of the Anfield reporters for the Liverpool Echo was a Man U fan?

This guy is a troll. Time to hit 'em where it hurts in the pocket and boycott all things Plymouth Herald. A huge portion of their readership are Argyle fans, so start the campaign.

I don't want this prat to lose his job, but be removed from all things Argyle. To be honest the club could do their bit and have nothing to do with him.

May 16, 2016
So, he thinks us Argyle fans are idiots worthy of a wind up does he ? Well, I'm not one for trying to get someone a job change but have done the next best thing. I've been out and bought 50 copies of the Herald, I then threw them all in the bin without reading any of them !

Who's the mug now then, Mr Plymouth Herald ?

Aug 12, 2018
I'm not sure about this hounding. Sparksy used to give EcFc the wagging little finger but not anymore. However, listening to him report about the Chiefs latest success would think he is talking about a match from the East Devon NFL. Maybe coming from Cornwall I don't get the whole Devon rivalry. Come on we are a massive club compared to ECFC, they know it .. we know it. I think the real issue issue is they know that we know that they know that we have under achieved and they have over achieved and that is the thing that grates with us.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
Hounding?

Hounding is what the freaks have done to our outgoing Chairman.

Hounding is what the noisy on Twitter had done to our Gaffer.

This is a pop at a Greek for 24 hours, hardly hounding is it?

Nobody wants him to lose his job, he's a fan of a club smaller than ours, but he's a footie fan none the less. As I have said many many times it's simply wrong that he was given the brief (or allowed) to wind up Argyle fans.

From a newspaper that depends (big time) on Argyle, it was a silly, spiteful thing to do,

Feb 12, 2017
I can’t actually believe what I’m reading here.....the change of hierarchy at the Club seems to have heralded a change in wind direction of lots of people....the Herald being one.

So The Herald was great when it was printing green-eyed fluffy happy joy joy articles and wouldn’t dream of putting anything challenging - I certainly wasn’t approached as Chair of the Trust about the successful ACV by the Herald, who instead just raked out a 15 year old photo of me and put together a scathing article that had clearly created come from inside the Club - to now being hated because it’s doing what it should always do and that’s to keep pushing and challenging?

Come on. Some of you want it all ways. If the guy is a troll....so what? I haven’t agreed with the cozying up that’s taken place over the last few years, doesn’t mean I ditch it. It’s still an outlet, and you always need your local press, even though it works differently these days than from 20 years ago.

“I won’t read/buy it because they won’t print what I like”. God, how childish. I gave some of you a bit more credit than that.

AdelaideGreen

🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺
Jan 11, 2017
IJN":2kudmrvg said:
Hounding?

Hounding is what the freaks have done to our outgoing Chairman.

Hounding is what the noisy on Twitter had done to our Gaffer.

This is a pop at a Greek for 24 hours, hardly hounding is it?

Nobody wants him to lose his job, he's a fan of a club smaller than ours, but he's a footie fan none the less. As I have said many many times it's simply wrong that he was given the brief (or allowed) to wind up Argyle fans.

From a newspaper that depends (big time) on Argyle, it was a silly, spiteful thing to do,

So... he's doing his job. Raising a level of debate ... causing discussion.
If you are sucked in, he has achieved his goal.
Don't have a problem with him supporting ECFC. Poor bugger him.
As for the Chiefs. Well, I wish they were the 2nd best team in Devon!

AdelaideGreen

🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺
Jan 11, 2017
Kentishgreen":1mqj4w5j said:
They can always give him a job at the Exeter equivalent.

He already has! .... On Devonlive/sports.

His posts go county wide.... and beyond... even as far as deepest Cornwall or western Zomerzet or Dorzet. He is not a "Plymuff" journo!