Ideas to make Home Park even smarter | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Ideas to make Home Park even smarter

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
We should have a life Smeaton’s Tower in Nobby’s Garden. Imagine how unique that would be.

If you Google Plymouth you either see Smeaton’s Tower or the old Argyle facade. They are both synonymous with each other.

Mar 10, 2017
Ipplepen
I always have the impression that there is a lack of lighting outside the ground. It always seams very poorly lit along the back of the lyndhutst and on the corner with the devonport end.

up the line

🚑 Steve Hooper
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Mar 7, 2010
Manchester
IJN":2b2pk759 said:
We should have a life Smeaton’s Tower in Nobby’s Garden. Imagine how unique that would be.

If you Google Plymouth you either see Smeaton’s Tower or the old Argyle facade. They are both synonymous with each other.

Smeatons would be cheaper (simpler) but the ship ties in with the badge and looks awesome

Feb 2, 2005
Cornwall
up_the_line":288c78sw said:
IJN":288c78sw said:

Smeatons would be cheaper (simpler) but the ship ties in with the badge and looks awesome

Second that - what a thing to have!

tonsk

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🚑 Steve Hooper
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Sep 19, 2003
Plymouth
www.dastardlys.co.uk
Not so much the ground exactly but I did email the club a suggestion a year or two ago. Unfortunately I never had a response.
I suggested that on all the approach roads to the stadium, they have the banners that attach to the lamposts. They could have different messages like 'Your City, your club' or 'Only One Argyle'. It might encourage some who drive that way who would never even think about what goes on inside the stadium and also make the place feel welcoming to all approaching.

Oh.... and can we have the ship in the corner please?!!!

tonsk

up the line

🚑 Steve Hooper
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Mar 7, 2010
Manchester
tonsk":2rbo2bvs said:
Not so much the ground exactly but I did email the club a suggestion a year or two ago. Unfortunately I never had a response.
I suggested that on all the approach roads to the stadium, they have the banners that attach to the lamposts. They could have different messages like 'Your City, your club' or 'Only One Argyle'. It might encourage some who drive that way who would never even think about what goes on inside the stadium and also make the place feel welcoming to all approaching.

Oh.... and can we have the ship in the corner please?!!!

tonsk

Simple and effective stuff Tonsk.
Werder Bremen have there stuff everywhere in Bremen. The moment you get into the Bahnhof there are big green and white banners hanging down letting you know exactly who plays in the city.

Apr 20, 2011
Tetbury
I think that the seats in the horseshoe and the perspex that runs around the edge of the stadium/creates the windbreaks in the Devonport/Barn Parks ends would be my two candidates for replacement. I have no idea as to what the cost would be but I think these two features would make the stadium look far better.

Bobby's Garden is an eyesore but a covering, like there is as Selhurst Park, would solve this for me. Sadly a galleon seems unlikely but I really would love to see that!

I really like the idea of banners/flags on the approach to Home Park.

The signage on the Devonport End could definitely be changed to 'match' what's on the new Mayflower. That would also be a nice touch. Potentially there's an opportunity to work with Ginster's on that?

I'm not personally very fussed about a scoreboard but I get why people would want it.

If you were to do all of these things? Half a million? I'm really not sure. Now is not the time for a fundraiser for fans but in the future I'd definitely chip in for this sort of thing. Home Park is a very smart stadium but it has potential to be even better.

Final thought - I feel very old when considering the horseshoe is almost 20!!

Mar 15, 2007
Plymouth
IJN":1xn6c5wu said:
We should have a life Smeaton’s Tower in Nobby’s Garden. Imagine how unique that would be..

It would be very unique. I’d be the only homeowner in Plymouth with a lighthouse in my garden! :D

Jun 4, 2015
Ford
ghost of hughie reed":1me29fx9 said:
Re the replica Mayflower concept, it would get my vote if every time we scored it fired a broadside of custard pies at the away fans. :thumbup:
You'd better hope their aim and fall of shot is accurate - could get pretty messy otherwise! ;) The more I think of the Mayflower replica, the more I like it. It'd look amazing and really would be a unique, innovative talking point. :thumbup:

Feb 2, 2005
Cornwall
ghost of hughie reed":1w70sd72 said:
Re the replica Mayflower concept, it would get my vote if every time we scored it fired a broadside of custard pies at the away fans. :thumbup:

I'd be happy just for some cannons to go off blasting green confetti everywhere! Would certainly kick the Lincoln Air Horn into touch!

C

Cult Of Personality

A simple one

The letters for each Row to be painted back on in Block 14 the amount of times people dont have clue what row is what because the lettering has rubbed away over the years. Every game for the last 5 years i reckon. Thats how your smarten up home park just a little bit of paint here and there

Argyle Nutter

Golf Liaison Officer ⛳️
🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
Brickfields Donor
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Jan 16, 2006
On the sunny side of the street
The Doctor":3d56vcbf said:
Biggs":3d56vcbf said:
Emeraldinho":3d56vcbf said:
If I recall correctly, I believe James Brent was keen on the idea of adding/incorporating some sort of ‘local’ feature to the proposed new grandstand which someone suggested. Whilst I appreciate we ended up with a refurb instead of new build, is there still scope to do something eye-catching eg something like the ship on the old Drake Cinema but fashioned into a Mayflower replica for the ‘Bobbys Garden’ area? (I think the Tampa Bay Buccaneers have something similar in their stadium which fires an actual broadside when they score a touchdown!! That may be taking things a little far and would probably trigger a few coronaries in the Mayflower! :lol: ).

the-buccaneer-ship-inside.jpg

:shocked:

I want us to have one of these.

Have a word with James Brent he has a small version in the old Pavilions swimming pool. :D

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
Nobby":1jln42l2 said:
IJN":1jln42l2 said:
We should have a life Smeaton’s Tower in Nobby’s Garden. Imagine how unique that would be..

It would be very unique. I’d be the only homeowner in Plymouth with a lighthouse in my garden! :D

Haha I won't change it then! :facepalm: