Ifollow income/views (clubs on the brink of admin) | Page 3 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Ifollow income/views (clubs on the brink of admin)

Nov 30, 2010
Brechin
Heathrow Green":1iwftlad said:
Forest of Dean Green":1iwftlad said:
Bleak projections on the BBC website today

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/54322650

I created a thread linking the same article, then I spotted this thread and removed mine and added my comments here.

Just read that, it really does make grim reading. I truly fear that some teams will be going to the wall. What I don’t have a feel for is the number that could be affected.

There is an argument that if enough clubs are affected, the whole national structure could collapse - and that that could be the best thing that has happened to the game in 40 years. A wholesale reset, a chance to properly level up the playing field - even if it means the PL shoving off to a European Super League - a whole host of new phoenix clubs, community-owned and community-run, could be transformational.

Nov 11, 2012
Keyham
Not sure about it being the best thing to happen to football in 40 years. I think we would end up with premier league 1 and 2 who would get all the tv money. Then all these new Phoenix clubs would be semi professional at best. That is why it important for everyone who can to support their clubs as financially as possible and not just rely on a rich owner.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
Keyham Pilgrim":2myib1e0 said:
Any so called fan who go around a friend house to share a feed should be ashamed of themselves. The club needs all the money they can get.

:lol: :clap:

What a load of old drivel.

Although I do understand the sentiment behind it.

Nov 30, 2010
Brechin
Keyham Pilgrim":1uh6opgx said:
Not sure about it being the best thing to happen to football in 40 years. I think we would end up with premier league 1 and 2 who would get all the tv money. Then all these new Phoenix clubs would be semi professional at best. That is why it important for everyone who can to support their clubs as financially as possible and not just rely on a rich owner.

I think without a reset of some sorts PL2 is inevitable. If a number of current Championship clubs are among those most at risk, it may focus minds on the utter unsustainability of the current system, Covid or no Covid.

Jan 27, 2012
What about a club mega-raffle ?

One with decent prizes worth winning-

One of those "golden" season tickets for life
Be officially registered as a squad member
Join in an Argyle training session and travel up with the squad for an away match
Sit on the bench for a game
Be in the official team photo
etc.

These things wont cost Argyle much but I can see fans paying good money for tickets.
Its not going to generate a huge amount of money compared to a home game but wirth a go maybe ?

May 16, 2016
Look at the bigger 'been there' TV worthy clubs in our league. I'm sure if they got back to the Championship they'd not hesitate to agree to it becoming PL2 if it meant more money with little or no chance of relegation.

metroace

♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
Sep 8, 2011
Glenholt
The Senior Greens Twitter ran a totally unscientific poll about iFollow and how reliable/annoying it has proved to be so far this season. There were 62 respondents.

The results were:

No (or very few) problems. 66.1%
Some sound/vision issues. 29%
Many sound/vision issues. 1.6%
Unwatchable. 3.2%

ChepstowGreen

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
♣️ SWAG Member
Jade Berrow 23/24
May 1, 2006
metroace":1tjst7a6 said:
The Senior Greens Twitter ran a totally unscientific poll about iFollow and how reliable/annoying it has proved to be so far this season. There were 62 respondents.

The results were:

Unwatchable. 3.2%

So basically only 2 out of 3 paying customers are happy with the streaming service. Not good. Come on ifollow this needs to be fixed! (Repeating it here as they don't respond to emails).

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
metroace":l8wwclnl said:

The results were:

Unwatchable. 3.2%

There was also a Pasoti poll last week ....
viewtopic.php?f=30&t=112196

Apr 1, 2009
PL2 3DQ":5srbtbfg said:
metroace":5srbtbfg said:

The results were:

Unwatchable. 3.2%

There was also a Pasoti poll last week ....
viewtopic.php?f=30&t=112196

Not too dissimilar. On the Pasoti poll 67% voted 7/10 or better, presumably experiencing few or no problems.

Apr 20, 2004
Dorset
ChepstowGreen":3nvo8k1k said:
metroace":3nvo8k1k said:

The results were:

Unwatchable. 3.2%

So basically only 2 out of 3 paying customers are happy with the streaming service. Not good. Come on ifollow this needs to be fixed! (Repeating it here as they don't respond to emails).

I'd say that's actually pretty good. Very few service companies (mobile phone, internet, energy suppliers etc) get more than a two-thirds satisfaction rating from consumers. Many are well below this. The trouble with iFollow is that it's a monopoly. If I'm not happy with my phone supplier or energy company I can switch (as many do) but that option's not there with iFollow.

ChepstowGreen

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
♣️ SWAG Member
Jade Berrow 23/24
May 1, 2006
warney":g9ubcynu said:
ChepstowGreen":g9ubcynu said:
metroace":g9ubcynu said:

The results were:

Unwatchable. 3.2%

I'd say that's actually pretty good. Very few service companies (mobile phone, internet, energy suppliers etc) get more than a two-thirds satisfaction rating from consumers. Many are well below this. The trouble with iFollow is that it's a monopoly. If I'm not happy with my phone supplier or energy company I can switch (as many do) but that option's not there with iFollow.

When it's working for me iFollow is brilliant, but it should just work 100% of the time for everyone, particularly with something as time sensitive as live football, and yes the fact it's a monopoly.

If it doesn't, and it must surely be down to streaming capacity (that would explain good for many, not for some - I never had any issues (other than obviously localised ones) over the last couple of seasons for midweek games, for example) then why not just use YouTube and we have a guaranteed service which is 100% rock solid all of the time and suitable for phone, tablet, computer and smart tv, etc.

Streaming video en mass is difficult and needs excellent development and rock solid servers.

Obviously I can see why, in a perfect world, the league wanted to develop its own infrastructure. It's a nice idea, but until it's perfect will only ever result in frustrating those who are suddenly hit by problems.

So IMO the Football League should just use a provider which is already set up to handle large numbers, utilising a paywall which already exists (see how I could 'buy or rent' this film on YouTube, for example - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4mqzBlg ... TubeMovies). It needn't be YouTube of course, there are plenty of others out there, Vimeo.com, for example is another which could deliver.

I'd be astonished if something like this happened of course. All sorts of issues, contracts, agreements, far too difficult etc, etc.

And in the meantime those of us willing to risk/donate the £10 per game will struggle on, having to restart our computers, clear our cookies, change our browsers and hope things kick into life and just work.

But if I were in charge, I'd be seriously thinking about jumping ship right now from the current delivery platform, until my IT department categorically could guarantee 100% uptime for every fan with an internet connection. Or maybe a new one could run alongside it while the problems are ironed out.

Anyway roll on 3pm Saturday. I'll be watching (hopefully). :scarf:

Jan 27, 2012
YouTube has up-to-date Apps for most devices and has the bandwidth. Its a mature product.

I don't know how much of a cut Google would take if matches were to be streamed on YouTube, but I'd have much more faith in their services than iFollow. That company is years behind with its lack of Apps and hit and miss service. I've wasted money with iFollow once and I'm reluctant to use them again. YouTube seems a better option.

A strange game for me today !!

Initially, the preamble was fine with little to watch apart from players warming up and so on.

The first half ended up with me having a "frozen" picture at regular intervals and nothing in between !

The browser was very magical [spinning around the centre of the picture] but was getting me nowhere - and I missed the first goal !

After 30 minutes, I managed to find a picture [at long last] - so it continued for the remainder of the game.

Shame it did NOT will the boys to play better ?

Yes, they COULD have nicked a point at the end - but was it deserved ?

Doubtful.

memory man

✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Nov 28, 2011
Romsey
I lost the picture and sound at 40 minutes. I was watching via laptop and HDMI cable. I got the second half on my phone but I couldnt mirror it on TV when in full screen. At 72 finding an alternative HDMI slot took me to the outer edge of my technical prowess, plus I found that I could choose commentary. But trying to master mirroring was a step too far and it meant I couldnt really enjoy the game. So until I understand the technology better I'm sticking with audio. And while I'm talking audio, I thought Drew Savage was excellent.