iFollow on home tv | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

iFollow on home tv

Kevin Gollop

🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
Sep 24, 2003
Plymouth
PL2 3DQ":11ttgb9u said:
With iFollow the only way to watch games I would have thought iFollow and EFL would have been all over this and explain to fans how to set it up and allow time to buy cables etc. A sort of iFollow for 'dummies'.

The club did release some 'how to' videos but those were aimed at iFollow subscriptions and how to log in.

Ifollow themselves state they have no officially supported method for watching on a TV, which for the reasons you state seems crazy

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
Hang on... they’ve literally just released an updated app (or at least, I had to update mine when I used it yesterday) but still no cast function?

The Doctor

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 15, 2003
Plymouth
andapoet.blog
Biggs":18kq44wp said:
Hang on... they’ve literally just released an updated app (or at least, I had to update mine when I used it yesterday) but still no cast function?

That’ll be because they don’t want there to be one not because there can’t be one.

Pogleswoody

R.I.P
Jul 3, 2006
Location Location
Lobster":1mltcpm1 said:
Adam":1mltcpm1 said:
What you can do however is log into the ifollow website on a pc/laptop and then connect that to your TV via a HDMI cable. This allows you to watch it on your TV.

This is how I do it, works well. If you want to moan on here during the game though you'll have to do it on your phone ;)

Is there no Moancast app??? :think:

Sep 11, 2017
I follow doesn't work with firestick or chromecast. The only options are hdmi cable from pc or mirroring phone with smart TV.

Not great options. The football league should give the fans what they want. What's the point of having a great TV with no means of watching a professional high quality stream??

Jul 18, 2013
I bought a Chromecast the other day. Ifollow doesn't have a cast button within the app, however I managed to watch highlights of previous games within the app by pressing the "screen cast" setting on my phone. That option essentially mirrors your phone screen on the tv. It worked very well. I can't see why it won't work with a live stream either.

I've used a laptop and HDMI cable in the past. It worked fine as well

Nov 10, 2016
If you have an iPhone or iPad and have an Apple TV box, you can stream direct from your I phone/iPad on to your Apple box.

That’s how I do it :greensmile:

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
Yup, dead easy when you're a Machead like us. :greensmile:

Feb 4, 2020
Would be interesting to know how many fans tuned in for FGB freebie on Sat.

Argyle, with such a strong absent fanbase (as demonstrated by incredible away followings) with so many Plymothians spread diversely across UK n Globe...could be in a good position to 'reach out' to long distance supporters, who just cannot week in week out, make such a long journey to HP.
Also be great to pay a tenner to watch Greens away to some northern place when I've had to work late Friday and then again Sunday...
I wonder what the financial split is between Provider ifollow and Argyle?

Ottawa Green

Site Admin
Staff member
🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Cream First
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 18, 2003
Ottawa, Canada
Andy Maidenhead":3ktdn4co said:
I wonder what the financial split is between Provider ifollow and Argyle?
In a e-mail i received from iFollow on Aug 11 regarding my renewal i was told approx 70% went back to my club.

Apr 16, 2019
warney":3e7o515m said:
Stpl7":3e7o515m said:
Many Thanks for the top tips, it is much appreciated!

I’ll probably try the laptop/HDMI cable first and see how I get on.

Fingers crossed - looking forward to the new season.

That's the way I always do it. I've never been able to get the "cast" from phone/tablet method mentioned above to work - just gives sound but no picture. Casting from laptop works but not very well from my experience. HDMI has always been much more reliable. Maybe the new app will work better, though.

Sounds like a plan then. Thanks

Apr 20, 2004
Dorset
Purple Slug":1nrhganu said:
I bought a Chromecast the other day. Ifollow doesn't have a cast button within the app, however I managed to watch highlights of previous games within the app by pressing the "screen cast" setting on my phone. That option essentially mirrors your phone screen on the tv. It worked very well. I can't see why it won't work with a live stream either.

I've found in the past that it works with pre-recorded material but not live streams.

May 16, 2016
warney":2545v8hr said:
Purple Slug":2545v8hr said:

I've found in the past that it works with pre-recorded material but not live streams.

I've rarely had a problem with mirroring my device before streaming a game.

Apr 20, 2004
Dorset
Guiri Green":3pz6zyf4 said:
warney":3pz6zyf4 said:
Purple Slug":3pz6zyf4 said:

I've rarely had a problem with mirroring my device before streaming a game.

That's interesting. What are you streaming from/to? I've only tried from Android but to Chromecast, Nvidia shield, Sony and Samsung and never got any to work.
I'd have thought I'd have tried casting before starting the stream but perhaps I haven't which is why it hasn't worked.