iFollow on home tv | Page 3 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

iFollow on home tv

Mar 21, 2013
Slightly different question but does anyone know if you need a TV licence to view games on iFollow?

May 16, 2016
warney":39rxzdji said:
Guiri Green":39rxzdji said:
warney":39rxzdji said:
Purple Slug":39rxzdji said:
I bought a Chromecast the other day. Ifollow doesn't have a cast button within the app, however I managed to watch highlights of previous games within the app by pressing the "screen cast" setting on my phone. That option essentially mirrors your phone screen on the tv. It worked very well. I can't see why it won't work with a live stream either.

I've found in the past that it works with pre-recorded material but not live streams.

I've rarely had a problem with mirroring my device before streaming a game.

That's interesting. What are you streaming from/to? I've only tried from Android but to Chromecast, Nvidia shield, Sony and Samsung and never got any to work.
I'd have thought I'd have tried casting before starting the stream but perhaps I haven't which is why it hasn't worked.

Android Phone or Tablet to either a Firsetick or whichever smart tv I was using.

Nov 10, 2016
All this talk about how to mirror on to the big screen. But has anyone noticed or tried to download the new elf ifollow app.

Not a lot of happy people out there.

Janner :scarf:

Argylegames

Administrator
Staff member
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Jun 12, 2006
Hampshire, UK
www.argylegames.org.uk
Brookside Janner":2rebwnq1 said:
All this talk about how to mirror on to the big screen. But has anyone noticed or tried to download the new elf ifollow app.

I downloaded it and it wouldn't open.

24 Hours later it worked and still seems to be working. The old Argyle app just kept telling me to download the new one.

Apr 20, 2004
Dorset
Argylegames":2t3ofifx said:
Brookside Janner":2t3ofifx said:

I downloaded it and it wouldn't open.

24 Hours later it worked and still seems to be working. The old Argyle app just kept telling me to download the new one.

I downloaded it and it worked immediately! Not a usual experience for me ...

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
Yeah it's odd how the now obsolete Argyle app is still there, normally it would just update the old app into the new one.

I suppose we just delete the old one? I quite liked having the Argyle icon on my home screen :cry:

Jul 7, 2006
Like All other season ticket holders I have received details of being sent a "Free Pass" for home games where seating is not available. To do this it states that I need to join "ifollow.
OK. I filled in details in ifollow register". but at the end it infers that I need to take out a subscription.
Please excuse my lack of comprehension of how this works but I am supposed(when necessary)to receive a free pass from Argyle via my email address. So subscription should not be a requirement.
So my question is how do I apply my free pass without subscribing to ifollow first?
In other words can someone let me have a step by step idiots guide on how Io apply a free pass once I receive it.

Thanks in advance

Kevin Gollop

🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
Sep 24, 2003
Plymouth
You can create a free ifollow account and not take out a subscription. For instance this would allow you to buy the QPR cup game etc without any further commitment needed. I don't believe there are details of how to apply the "free pass" at the moment, presumably instructions will be received with the pass code next week. The club are encouraging you to set up an ifollow account (using the same email address as your eticketing account) so everyone is ready to go. Some how to videos were posted on the club website last week if you've not seen them:

https://www.pafc.co.uk/news/2020/august ... formation/

Jul 7, 2006
OK Ta. Done that. So when a league(not other)game is due(without seating), Argyle will send me a code to enter into free pass section. Is that about it? As you understand things.

Keepitgreen

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
♣️ PACSA Member
♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🚑 Steve Hooper
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
May 12, 2008
Plymouth
narrowboat":e60u06bu said:
OK Ta. Done that. So when a league(not other)game is due(without seating), Argyle will send me a code to enter into free pass section. Is that about it? As you understand things.
Unique match codes will be provided to the club on a game-by-game basis, which will then be distributed to season-ticket holders via email in advance of each fixture.

https://www.pafc.co.uk/news/2020/august ... formation/

Kevin Gollop

🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
Sep 24, 2003
Plymouth
narrowboat":11q3nxd5 said:

Yes that's as much as we know for now

Dec 3, 2005
It looks a little wrong IMHO, that Season ticket holders will be able to watch ifollow, after paying for their ST, which works out (for me) at about £17 per game and the fact that non ST holders can pay £10 for the privilage.

Jan 17, 2017
Bovey Tracey
djg145":1m9sgthv said:
It looks a little wrong IMHO, that Season ticket holders will be able to watch ifollow, after paying for their ST, which works out (for me) at about £17 per game and the fact that non ST holders can pay £10 for the privilage.

On the other hand we've paid the privilege to be the first allowed in the stadium when fans can attend.

If the club decide 50% capacity is workable then there won't be a stream and all ST holders will be guaranteed a seat.