IFollow poor preparation/service | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

IFollow poor preparation/service

IJN":2bmgg7p3 said:
Apparently the overseas offering is far better according to a few people on Twitter.

But that rubbish I was sold today (but paid for in a single payment) was not worth the money.

I quite liked Tony Cannan as Co Comm. I like the fact we have a Janner accent discussing our game/team. Just a shame that poxy service meant we couldn't hear it much.

Overseas, comms disappeared altogether shortly before the goal and never came back.

up the line

🚑 Steve Hooper
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Mar 7, 2010
Manchester
Bermudian Green":3rndokps said:
IJN":3rndokps said:
Apparently the overseas offering is far better according to a few people on Twitter.

But that rubbish I was sold today (but paid for in a single payment) was not worth the money.

I quite liked Tony Cannan as Co Comm. I like the fact we have a Janner accent discussing our game/team. Just a shame that poxy service meant we couldn't hear it much.

Overseas, comms disappeared altogether shortly before the goal and never came back.

You're joking?
Evert time the main commentator was trying to describe an argyle attack the co commentator was over talking him with just the kind of things we'd say in the ground: 'go on' 'this looks good' '

Ottawa Green

Site Admin
Staff member
🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Cream First
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 18, 2003
Ottawa, Canada
To be honest I enjoyed watching the game a lot more (not the result) when there was no commentary, we still had the crowd noise, but i had no one distracting me with their dumb comments.

John Cooper

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Cream First
Brickfields Donor
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Feb 20, 2011
Peverell
Bermudian Green":p0cmuvh0 said:
IJN":p0cmuvh0 said:

I paid for audio only in Cornwall and all I got for most of the 2nd half was a pre recorded message. I was advised to complain to ifollow@efl.com

Apr 27, 2017
Southampton Green":fcwqtpdu said:
Is the dropping of the excellent product that we have had for many years from ifollow providing the Radio Devon coverage a “vanity project” by the Argyle head of communication? The product we now have through the club’s amateur commentators is terrifically appalling in comparison to Radio Devon; and the “lift music” until very shortly before kick-off, and at half-time, and the total switch off with the referee’s Final Whistle is hugely frustrating/annoying.

I’ve asked Simon H directly to explain the motives behind dropping Radio Devon commentary for home games, And the reason I was given, was so the club can promote things all Argyle. Imo this is not worth detrimentally affecting the audio quality, and more importantly the commentary itself. The home games have all been horrific commentary wise, so much so I’m not sure I can even bring myself to suffering them anymore. It really would be so much better if they Could bring back Radio Devon comms.

Also as others have said, it seems the overseas listeners are provided a much better service than us UK exiles. Today’s I follow service was by far the worst since it’s started though. 60 mins mine went off and didn’t return. I also hate like you said, the starting bang on 3:00. You get Zero buildup, and just god awful phone queue music on a loop, right until kick off.

Bring back the glory days of Argyle world of you ask me!

Keith Hennessey

🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿
Jul 17, 2006
Blenheim New Zealand.
Bermudian Green":2dr2mzvb said:
IJN":2dr2mzvb said:

Thank god for that, it was dreadful.. :doh:

Ottawa Green

Site Admin
Staff member
🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Cream First
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 18, 2003
Ottawa, Canada
Commentary is about 15 seconds behind tonight.

tavigreen

✅ Evergreen
Apr 19, 2009
Very hard to watch when audio and video so out of sync. Wish I had just listened on radio Devon now!

Mark Smith

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Sep 15, 2003
Luxembourg and Horsham
Turned the comms off, not bad per se but very hard to concentrate. Pity you can’t keep the effects mike on.

This is easily the worst it has been. isupport is less than helpful. I suggested I could visit their offices to explain the problems in person, so much more effective that email, but apparently they don't offer a personal service.

There has to be a formal complaints procedure here, consumer affairs or similar. Not going to happen without the support of the club, and I can't see them helping supporters, given their recent record.

Keith Hennessey

🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿
Jul 17, 2006
Blenheim New Zealand.
Comms came right in the second half , big deal. I am paying , as are others ,for the full service for the whole match. I can tolerate the odd glitch every now and then , but this is more than the odd glitch ,way more.
Have the system checked out and ready to go before kick off , it’s not rocket science.. :furious: :furious: