IFollow poor preparation/service | Page 4 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

IFollow poor preparation/service

ChepstowGreen

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
♣️ SWAG Member
May 1, 2006
slingsby_pobble":2vgfm2n6 said:
The problem, as I see it, is that iFollow is a monopoly run by EFL. I can't choose an alternative service provider to give me commentary for an Argyle game.

Therefore I can't vote with my wallet, unless I choose to withdraw from the service completely (which is tempting).

I understand the following proposal may well not be legally above board, but in the circumstances it might be the only alternative we have:

Some kind soul in Plymouth/SW Devon tunes into BBC Radio Devon at 2.45pm. Plugs their FM radio into their computer microphone input to deliver an audio live stream (via Facebook Live or similar). Circulates the web link just before kick off on here, or Twitter or something.

Surely that's not beyond wit of man?

Please count me in.

iFollow comms not working for me at all today for some reason. Why can't it just work?

Keepitgreen

🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
♣️ PACSA Member
♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
May 12, 2008
Plymouth
All fine here.

Jan 31, 2006
BBC Radio Devon commentary today on iFollow ....... Congratulations everyone on a successful group moan about the previous lousy service.

Mar 1, 2005
Southampton
dhsboy":ukw9uz92 said:
BBC Radio Devon commentary today on iFollow ....... Congratulations everyone on a successful group moan about the previous lousy service.
I think it might be Radio Devon for away games and the dire club’s own amateur commentary for home games. If I was cynical I would say it might be a way of getting more fans to come to the ground as an alternative to listening to the club dribbling on about Argyle related stuff (that we know all about already) and not telling us what is happening on the pitch.

John Cooper

Cream First
Brickfields Donor
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Feb 20, 2011
Peverell
IJN":8tkw0bn5 said:
Apparently the overseas offering is far better according to a few people on Twitter.

But that rubbish I was sold today (but paid for in a single payment) was not worth the money.

I quite liked Tony Cannan as Co Comm. I like the fact we have a Janner accent discussing our game/team. Just a shame that poxy service meant we couldn't hear it much.

I paid for this same day (14/9/2019) and after a heated exchange with Ifollow eventually got a credit for the match in form of a code I could use next time.

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
The Swindon game will not be shown on iFollow for overseas subscribers, it's being shown on other channels throughout the world.

bodspafc

🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
Aug 8, 2005
Bristol
PL2 3DQ":1a95nj49 said:
The Swindon game will not be shown on iFollow for overseas subscribers, it's being shown on other channels throughout the world.

Really? That's a bit annoying, I'm in Spain and I don't think it'll be shown over here. Is it on any English TV channels?

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
Another thing I noticed the other day is the fact that us subscribers for the UK (non video) package have to pay £10 which is the same as non subscribers or have I got that wrong?

Now I'm cutting back on my away travel, I am starting to see why there are so many complaints.

It does appear that the overseas people are chuffed with what they are receiving but us UK based fans are not. Again, seems a bit unfair.

As for the audio, I quite like the Argyle approach, it's not exactly thrilling, but to me appears to be factual and quite professional.

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
bodspafc":36t1rhok said:
PL2 3DQ":36t1rhok said:

Really? That's a bit annoying, I'm in Spain and I don't think it'll be shown over here. Is it on any English TV channels?

It will be shown in Spain on DANZ ... Link

It's very late to announce this the day before a game.

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
The club have now said the match will be shown on iFollow for overseas subscribers.