I'm still in. | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

I'm still in.

Apr 4, 2004
Definitely still in. Hated losing but loved the football today. Lowe is building something really good down here and it's only right that people are getting impatient. We've been really unlucky with injuries, Telford and Moore are so important for us. I don't see Taylor or Rudden as being able to fill those places. It looks like we need another transfer window to sort this out. But a really good team is not too far off. I just hope the green army can be patient.

May 1, 2011
HC Green":3cgvleed said:
I will be at Mansfield next week, doesn’t stop me believing Hallett made the wrong call last April.

I think we are all stunned and shocked by this news.

In.
Today was significantly better than the Oldham performance.
We can't continue to play that well & not win.
We've bossed that for extensive periods, another day we get the rub of the green & it's a comfortable home win.

It'll come.

Mar 23, 2008
Bristol Rich":1n1dmipk said:
Deacster":1n1dmipk said:
Defo, we are a competent striker away from being a very good team.

We can all see why Lowe was so keen to sign Maynard.
I was thinking the same. Telford looks our best bet but looks like he will be out again, Moore and Grant are wingers filling in, Taylor doesn't suit the style, Rudden injured and inexperienced........we need a goalscorer from somewhere, am I right in saying we can still loan? If not its going to be a long spell until Jan. We might have to tweak it, one up top and Mayor in the hole or Baxter up top, he was a striker earlier in his career.

Oct 3, 2003
Dundee
The mindset is valid enough, but the lack of skill frankly anywhere near goal is an eye opener.

Not from proven pitiful pros like Ryan Taylor whom one expects little better from near goal, but likes of Mayor and Sarce seem to get weaker as the season continues.

At this rate if a team fails to combat the sacred Plan A we’ll win a few, otherwise draw many and lose more than we win.

A very big budget required to play the selective tactics Lowe insists on.

But not bad to watch, happily take that.

Aug 17, 2011
Kings Tamerton
I’m in, it can’t be too long until we give someone a caning and whilst it’s too long to wait for that to be Exeter a couple of dress rehearsals in the next couple of weeks will set us up for the derby. I work quite a lot in Exeter so please let it be so. :clap:

Frank Butcher

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Oct 9, 2003
Gairloch
Deacster":ctoaomww said:
Bristol Rich":ctoaomww said:
Deacster":ctoaomww said:
Defo, we are a competent striker away from being a very good team.

We can all see why Lowe was so keen to sign Maynard.
I was thinking the same. Telford looks our best bet but looks like he will be out again, Moore and Grant are wingers filling in, Taylor doesn't suit the style, Rudden injured and inexperienced........we need a goalscorer from somewhere, am I right in saying we can still loan? If not its going to be a long spell until Jan. We might have to tweak it, one up top and Mayor in the hole or Baxter up top, he was a striker earlier in his career.

But it doesn’t matter what strikers you choose they don’t get any service. Think about the game - how many chances did any of the 4 strikers miss?

Feb 24, 2008
I'm well in ! After the Dross Adams served up i'm enjoying the Football Lowe is trying to play ! Give it time and watch us FLY !

:scarf:

demportdave

🍌 Bomber Harris.
Jul 6, 2005
After 13 competitive games, I’m out.

I think that in the longer term, Lowe could be successful but I doubt it will be this season. I was very happy when Hallett got him but to date, he has flattered to deceive. People say it’s a work in progress, but most lower-League teams have a significant turnover of players in the close-season and don’t use that as an excuse.

Unfortunately, you don’t get any points for hype and all that positivity and talk of exciting attacking play seems somewhat hollow now. Yet again today, we were deservedly beaten by a pretty average Division 4 team that didn’t actually need to play that well to beat us.

We can’t seem to stop conceding really poor, practise match type goals due to a lack of concentration and awareness. At the other end, we are struggling to score goals, particularly the forwards who’s main job should be to do just that.

Lowe has brought a couple of good players down from Bury but crucially, we didn’t get Maynard, Adams and O’Shea who were absolutely critical to Bury’s success last season. Also, he was left with some very average, journeymen lower-League players such as Sawyer, Sarcevic, Wooton and Canavan who were always going to struggle in a Lowe team; old dogs, new tricks and all that.

I may be in the minority, but one-dimensional, tippy-tippy, walking pace football which only offers a threat on one side of the pitch doesn’t do it for me and is not going to get us to where we want to be.