I'm still in. | Page 3 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

I'm still in.

Mar 14, 2009
I'm more worried. Just as to why Argyle fans wouldn't be behind Lowe at this stage?

Maybe its because the Internet has created these social media outlets and given a voice to everyone and so you hear more panic stricken people. Yet, I will say it again, I seriously don't understand why people wouldn't be behind Lowe.

I am not sure I understand a football fan if after only two months of competitive league football they aren't behind a new manager. I don't just question this with just Argyle fans but any fans with a new manager that is currently struggling Like Darrell Clarke at Walsall or Paul Hurst at Scunthorpe.

Its like some fans cant handle anything other than winning football. Well unfortunately, for 18 teams out of 24 in a league you are going to be disappointed. Yet its kind of the way people just give in that surprise me. Don't seem to have the stomach to support your team when its gets tough. To me, its what makes the good times so much more enjoyable because of the years of rubbish you have to deal with as a lower league fan. Sometimes I wonder why people are Argyle fans if they want to see wins every week. Surely, people knew this when they became an Argyle fan? And yet its the way people just expect winning football each week that surprises me.

I said weeks ago it will get worse, before it gets better. We simply don't have the goal scorers in the team. They team lacks pace in essential areas, especially on the right side and up front. Our final ball we dwell on too much and give teams chances to get a challenge in. When we do have the time and space its not clinical enough.

Look at Nathan Jones struggling at Stoke. We all said what a wonderful job he was doing at Luton. Yet it took him time to get Luton to that effectiveness. I don't think he got them to click properly until his second season in charge in league two.I know he has had something like 5 wins in 30 games with Stoke but if you don't give people time, and by that I mean more than a season, you will keep chopping and changing your manager every time you have a bad spell.

Why we even needing to ask a question "are we in?" Lowe has just had 10 games. Yes there are doubts. I mean today we saw the same bad defending off crosses and Argyle lose their way in the last 25 of the second half. Yet, I find this pure madness that we talk about if we are still struggling in January tough decisions might have to be made. Really? What happened to having belief and faith in people.

We have two choices as a fan. Get a manager in who makes us compact as a unit and we churn out results in the lower leagues. This has mostly been the Argyle way. Look where its got us. Or we try something completely different. We try to play football at the back and learn a new way of playing attacking football. Unfortunately, its comes with many more risks and is easier to counter in the lower leagues because you don't quite have that standard of player needed to stop making some "pull your hair out" type mistakes.

I just feel its time for something different. People can say but nothing changed. We still concede goals and don't score. If we fast forward that argument for 12 months time people might have a point. 10 games into a season though in your first season as Argyle manager I am lost as to why people wouldn't be behind Lowe.

Even if this season goes pear shaped I am still behind him. Not everything is figured out instantly. It just seems we are in a society where people don't have any patience in life. I find that sad, but then you look around you about how people act in general it cant be any surprise the attitude of a fan football represents other aspects of what you see day to day.

Make no mistake. Lowe has made mistakes. He does need to show he has a plan B. I just think how can you judge someone in such a short space of time. Its like a jigsaw puzzle. Lots of pieces that don't fit together but maybe given time you will start seeing the picture your trying to create. Unfortunately, you need to plan and prepare and that all takes time.

It will no doubt take Lowe a full season to get the squad in the right shape for a promotion push. The foundations are in place but clearly lacking a cutting edge, which will take time :scarf:

Tugboat

Cream First
šŸ‡°šŸ‡Ŗ Welicar Donor
āœ… Evergreen
āœØPasoti DonorāœØ
šŸŒŸSparksy MuralšŸŒŸ
Feb 24, 2007
I think we need to be top 8-10 come January and some inā€™s and outs will give us that second half run that will see us through

Aug 12, 2018
I consider Cheltenham to be lower in the food chain than Exeter and Torquay and in the football heirachy, but Iā€™m an old Cornish duffer who is having to readjust to the new reality that Cheltenham are third in the table and therefore in the last decade have been a better run football club than us.

Itā€™s way too early to panic, the signs are there but the reality is not being delivered. The table doesnā€™t lie and it is a nightmarish table :banghead:

That Danny Mayor is an absolute belting player. Ryan now needs to go away and get a couple of grizzly Scouse strikers from the National League or Conference North and inject some belief.

We can turn this round BUT we are a couple of players short and something DOES need to happen.

Itā€™s still September folks :scarf: :scarf:

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
āœ… Evergreen
šŸŽ« S.T. Donor šŸŽ«
āœØPasoti DonorāœØ
šŸŒŸSparksy MuralšŸŒŸ
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
Iā€™m still positive for the following reasons...

1) 12 points from 10 games isnā€™t great, but itā€™s a relatively ā€˜OKā€™ platform at this stage of the season. Two wins and suddenly 18 points from 12 games is pretty good.

2) we clearly havenā€™t clicked yet, as Bury hadnā€™t at this stage last season. The clicking is surely still to come and the only way is up, when weā€™ll be too much for most League 2 teams.

3) thereā€™s a clear plan. The time to worry will be when you canā€™t even see what the manager is doing, and when heā€™s abandoned his plan and is flailing around desperately for tactics and formations.

Mar 8, 2016
Of course, we should all ā€œstill be inā€ itā€™s 10 games FFS, anyone thatā€™s not in needs give their head a shake. I like the way we play and can see what the manager is trying to do, but we are About 3 good replacements short of being good team. We desperately need a decent RWB, a central defender and a proven, decent forward. It was to easy for Cheltenham today, they didnā€™t have to work hard for that win, thatā€™s whatā€™s concerning me, teams just score to easily against us. And when youā€™ve got cooper and Taylor up front then itā€™s never going to end well is it? Also we would be up poo creek without a paddle or a boat if it wasnā€™t for Danny mayor, he literally creates everything going forward. What a player. Unfortunately we are carrying a few players that are just not good enough, we wonā€™t challenging for promotion this season, that much is clear now.

Aug 18, 2015
IJN":2kcafrys said:
I signed up for it.

Who else is 'in'?

Loving the football, hating the results, but they WILL come.

Totally committed to attack, attack, attack.

:scarf:
How can you be in? I thought he failed your interview? Or is that forgotten?

ChepstowGreen

šŸ“󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳ó æšŸ“󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳ó æšŸ“󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳ó æšŸ“󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳ó æšŸ“󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳ó æšŸ“󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳ó æ
šŸ† Callum Wright 23/24
ā™£ļø SWAG Member
Jade Berrow 23/24
May 1, 2006
Definitely in.

Sep 6, 2006
Biggs":2rff27se said:
Iā€™m still positive for the following reasons...

1) 12 points from 10 games isnā€™t great, but itā€™s a relatively ā€˜OKā€™ platform at this stage of the season. Two wins and suddenly 18 points from 12 games is pretty good.

2) we clearly havenā€™t clicked yet, as Bury hadnā€™t at this stage last season. The clicking is surely still to come and the only way is up, when weā€™ll be too much for most League 2 teams.

3) thereā€™s a clear plan. The time to worry will be when you canā€™t even see what the manager is doing, and when heā€™s abandoned his plan and is flailing around desperately for tactics and formations.

What's all this 'clicking'? Nothing to do with clicking its to do with poor set pieces and lack of a reliable goal scorer. Am not sure if we need a finisher or a battering ram type player to get his head on crosses - ideally both. Until that happens nothing is likely to change no matter how well we 'click'.
But I'm in. Watching us at Crewe and Crawley was far better than the rubbish served up by Adams away from home.

Mar 16, 2009
London
HC Green":254m5uef said:
I will be at Mansfield next week, doesnā€™t stop me believing Hallett made the wrong call last April.

Agree.

Simon will prove a godsend for the club imo, but it was a terrible mistake not to back Adams. No question he should still be at the club.

Dec 23, 2010
Plymouth
IN. Canā€™t keep creating that many openings and losing games. We were excellent in that first half at times. Need to get Telford and Moore back to full fitness and weā€™ll be ok.

Sep 6, 2006
Justin":37uulnrg said:
HC Green":37uulnrg said:
I will be at Mansfield next week, doesnā€™t stop me believing Hallett made the wrong call last April.

Agree.

Simon will prove a godsend for the club imo, but it was a terrible mistake not to back Adams. No question he should still be at the club.

Yes I would love to watch the rubbish Adams served up away from home very week. Great to watch! I see clubs have been queuing up to sign him.