I'm still in. | Page 5 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

I'm still in.

May 1, 2011
Justin":355crkve said:
Bristol Rich":355crkve said:
Balham_Green":355crkve said:
HC Green":355crkve said:
I will be at Mansfield next week, doesn’t stop me believing Hallett made the wrong call last April.

Agree.

Simon will prove a godsend for the club imo, but it was a terrible mistake not to back Adams. No question he should still be at the club.

Yes I would love to watch the rubbish Adams served up away from home very week. Great to watch! I see clubs have been queuing up to sign him.

The football under Lowe so far has been one dimensional, dull and totally ineffective. But probably the best we can expect having signed multiple Div 4 journeymen to replace the genuinely awesome players that could still be at the club if it had backed Adams.

Genuinely awesome players who got us relegated to League 2 and downed tools and refused to play for Adams or Wotton. What could be more ineffective than a team that was set for relegation before a ball in the league was kicked? The players he signed wanted him sacked, hasn't the penny dropped yet?

You haven't lost the plot as you never had it in the 1st place. Seriously why not wait till Adams gets a new club and support them?

Your usual garbage.

Adams found genuine quality season after season.

All signed on frees.

We lost them season after season because the board would not back Adams with the necessary funds to keep the team together, sustain momentum and keep moving forward.

So every season he started again. And found more gems.

Every season.

And last season there was a 2 month spell where the club lost its bottle and did not repay the loyalty Adams had shown to the club.

And now we are where we are.

A bloated squad full of newly signed Div 4 journeymen who can’t defend or score, with a manager so naive and so infatuated by a PR comment Klopp made after a friendly he genuinely believes he doesn’t need a plan b!!!!!!!!

Meanwhile we are on a run of 1 win in 10 matches.

And sinking.

However naive Lowe is or isn't does not escape the fact that Adam's got us relegated...you call all my opinions garbage, that's fine by me as I wouldn't want Micky Mouse on speed to endorse them.
However you can't escape the fact that after 4 seasons we had made no progress in the league....it's funny how you always choose to ignore that point.

Who was responsible for the shambles at Accrington?

How exactly did the club lose it's bottle by sacking a manager who got us relegated?

Do you honestly think it was a bad 2 months that got us relegated?

Was that squad last year not good enough to stay up?

Why did the players down tools and not play for Adams and Wotton?

Plus the grown ups who follow Argyle can remember how close we were to going bust and then Brent stepped in, do before you slander him maybe do your homework. I doubt you were at Cheltenham away the day we knew he had saved us. That was something for which we all should always be grateful.

Jul 4, 2008
newton abbot
Team seems to be revolving around 1 player who cannot and will not play others in! To much nice looking football with no ruthlessness. Very ineffective and I have to say predictable. Am I in? Yes but losing in the manner we did yesterday means we ain’t going anywhere soon!

May 1, 2011
Balham_Green":4cl228up said:
Frank_Butcher":4cl228up said:
Deacster":4cl228up said:
Bristol Rich":4cl228up said:
Deacster":4cl228up said:
Defo, we are a competent striker away from being a very good team.

We can all see why Lowe was so keen to sign Maynard.
I was thinking the same. Telford looks our best bet but looks like he will be out again, Moore and Grant are wingers filling in, Taylor doesn't suit the style, Rudden injured and inexperienced........we need a goalscorer from somewhere, am I right in saying we can still loan? If not its going to be a long spell until Jan. We might have to tweak it, one up top and Mayor in the hole or Baxter up top, he was a striker earlier in his career.

But it doesn’t matter what strikers you choose they don’t get any service. Think about the game - how many chances did any of the 4 strikers miss?

:facepalm: A striker has to do more than just wait in the box for an open goal to present itself. Needs to find space, create openings, take players on, make things happen.

Agreed BG, how we need a striker making good runs and taking defenders out of position and creating space for others.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
greencard":1po4ab15 said:
How can you be in? I thought he failed your interview? Or is that forgotten?

Oh my!

I was against when I thought he didn’t really want to come to us, now I know why it took so long.

I assume it’s ok with you that I can change my mind though!?

Thanks for the heads up. :wtf:

May 3, 2016
It is far better football being played compared to last season, but the results are heading the same way as last season, the difference being fall from this division and it's oblivion.

It proved one thing even with Canavan out we still leaked goals, so perhaps it's not all his fault.

Mr Hallett will have to dip in to his pocket for one or two new signings to make the team press for promotion. Lacking a strong target man and a midfield general - is Norris still playing?

So still in - but not winning is becoming frustrating.

Roll on the prawn sandwiches.

Tynan One Nil

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Apr 23, 2013
In - although a free agent centre back wouldn’t go amiss. Aimson and Grant need someone alongside them to dominate in the air., all too easy up score against at the moment.

monkeywrench

Administrator
Staff member
Brickfields Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Jan 12, 2006
Cornwall
100% in. Always said it would time and spent the summer trying to dampen expectations.

It's a transitional season but I still think we'll make the playoffs. It's only September FFS.

I’ve had a real problem understanding many of the negative posts on this subject and elsewhere. I do wonder if we’ve forgotten just how much the lower divisions have improved just in the last five years. It seems like only yesterday the only way out of this league was muscularity and hoof-ball.

If you think Argyle are too tippy tappy, which is a constant jibe on here, then wait until you see Exeter and Crewe at HP. They’’re regularly winning with a short passing game and formation similar to ours.

I think we all assumed that getting out of this league would be a walkover, given our management structure, incoming better quality players and first three game start. However I think we’re overlooking the technical progress being made by most clubs in this league. They’re better managed and coached these days, and player quality level is incomparable compared to ten years ago.

So, I’ve really bought in to RL’s approach, to me there is no alternative, and however long and hard it takes, I believe we’ll get there.

May 27, 2019
EXETER/OWLERTON
How can we have a thread with this title on a proper fan’s forum, just weeks into the season for Christ’s sake? Any proper fan should not even be needing to consider this until Ryan Lowe has had time to build his own side. Until Telford went off yesterday, we looked like we would demolish Cheltenham but clearly we have no strength in depth up front. If you want to confirm how poor Taylor is even at this level, take a look at his (lack of) movement in the penalty area when Mayor was brought down in the penalty area in the second half. There was a huge space in front of Taylor near the penalty spot and he simply didn't move. Ryan Lowe probably hopes he can teach him a thing or two about goal poaching, but I doubt he will manage it.

Defensively, Lowe needs to get rid of all of those responsible for last seasons debacle and I suspect he will do. He couldn’t do everything this season and had to be seen to give some of Adams players a chance. Apart from Sarcevic, I don’t think any of them are worth a place in the squad, but it will take two windows to get rid of them.

Finally, don’t boo your team. It won’t help. :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

Aug 17, 2011
Kings Tamerton
monkeywrench":32xnn3s6 said:
100% in. Always said it would time and spent the summer trying to dampen expectations.

It's a transitional season but I still think we'll make the playoffs. It's only September FFS.

Starting with a win at Exeter, they never do well against teams near the bottom of the league.

Sep 6, 2006
Ade the green":2gbgs6ni said:
monkeywrench":2gbgs6ni said:

Starting with a win at Exeter, they never do well against teams near the bottom of the league.

I'd rather we won before that thank you very much. This obsession with Exeter is not healthy.

Jan 18, 2009
Bittaford
Devongreenowl":2mo2tuz6 said:
How can we have a thread with this title on a proper fan’s forum, just weeks into the season for Christ’s sake? Any proper fan should not even be needing to consider this until Ryan Lowe has had time to build his own side. Until Telford went off yesterday, we looked like we would demolish Cheltenham but clearly we have no strength in depth up front. If you want to confirm how poor Taylor is even at this level, take a look at his (lack of) movement in the penalty area when Mayor was brought down in the penalty area in the second half. There was a huge space in front of Taylor near the penalty spot and he simply didn't move. Ryan Lowe probably hopes he can teach him a thing or two about goal poaching, but I doubt he will manage it.

Defensively, Lowe needs to get rid of all of those responsible for last seasons debacle and I suspect he will do. He couldn’t do everything this season and had to be seen to give some of Adams players a chance. Apart from Sarcevic, I don’t think any of them are worth a place in the squad, but it will take two windows to get rid of them.

Finally, don’t boo your team. It won’t help. :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

You are so deluded its unreal and obviously dont know what is required to win matches in league 2.

Only Sawyer Grant and Sarce played yesterday from DAs regime and the messiah absolutely loves Sawyer and Grant so you are clueless

May 27, 2019
EXETER/OWLERTON
I think you are the deluded one mate with your ongoing love in of Adams. I’d be surprised if Sawyer will be in this team after January either and he seems to already have made his decision on Wootton and Canavan. He can’t get rid of them all at once, but believe me there will be hardly any Adams players left in this squad after next summer. I personally had nothing against Adams. He just went past his sell by date like most managers do. All I want to see is Ryan Lowe given a fair chance, which some are not giving him. That’s all.