Incoming.... (Adam Lewis from Liverpool signs) | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Incoming.... (Adam Lewis from Liverpool signs)

Mar 15, 2007
Plymouth
lien60":3ag22zn4 said:
Nobby":3ag22zn4 said:
lien60":3ag22zn4 said:
Welcome Adam

Wonder what loan player he will drop from the squad as aren’t we only allowed a certain amount in the match day squad??

We are allowed 5. Lewis is the fifth following Abraham's return to Fulham.

So no more loan players

We could, but one would have to be left out of the squad each week and I can't imagine any parent club would be happy with that situation.

Jun 27, 2019
A sensible signing. We're only a Conor Grant injury away from a bit of a crisis across the backline. If he was unavailable (and he does have a patchy fitness record), I'd imagine Opoku would move across to cover LWB and Wootton would slot in at CB - but we'd then be one injury or suspension away from playing a midfielder at centre-back. Not a situation we want when we're already leaky enough as it is.

If we're to sign another centre-back - and God knows we need one - it'll probably have to be a permanent signing now that we've hit the loan limit.

Nov 2, 2004
Interesting signing, he was in the Amiens team until early December then disappeared from the team sheets , injured? Or a fall out, whatever Amiens are playing at a way better level than Argyle. Looking forward to seeing him.

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
Opoku's loan ends in two weeks so he might return to Fulham which will give us scope to bring in another (better) centre-back on loan.

Opoku was recently out of the matchday squad until he played against Huddersfield which was probably to protect Canavan picking up an injury and stopping his move to Bradford and subsequent transfer fee.

Jun 27, 2019
PL2 3DQ":3gjyqdof said:
Opoku's loan ends in two weeks so he might return to Fulham which will give us scope to bring in another (better) centre-back on loan.

Opoku was recently out of the matchday squad until he played against Huddersfield which was probably to protect Canavan picking up an injury and stopping his move to Bradford and subsequent transfer fee.

The good thing about Opoku is he can cover LWB, though with the signing of Lewis that reduces his upside somewhat. He's a decent CB but I'd like to think we could find better.

I didn't particularly rate Canavan but there's no denying he was a big, physical figure in the backline and someone who could lead his team-mates (though not in the same way that the likes of Coughlan, Heathcote and Jock did!).

Jul 12, 2016
ealinggreen":14l0suuz said:
Interesting signing, he was in the Amiens team until early December then disappeared from the team sheets , injured? Or a fall out, whatever Amiens are playing at a way better level than Argyle. Looking forward to seeing him.
Sounds like we are the "last chance saloon " for him as far as Liverpool are concerned. A typical Lowe gamble .

Mar 15, 2007
Plymouth
oldage":v8ggb3v3 said:
ealinggreen":v8ggb3v3 said:
Sounds like we are the "last chance saloon " for him as far as Liverpool are concerned. A typical Lowe gamble .

Liverpool signed him to a long term contract last summer: https://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/academ ... verpool-fc

Amiens appointed a new manager in October and Lewis fell out of favour. He'd featured regularly until then. Therefore, rather than waste 6 months of his development, they've chosen to recall him and send him here where he will play games. Nothing about that says last chance saloon to me. But I guess that doesn't give you the chance to take a dig at the manager before his new signing has kicked a ball.

Jan 4, 2005
NEWQUAY
ealinggreen":9yh56fd9 said:

It could have been a communication issue with a lack of Scouse / French dictionary! Luckily that will not be an issue with RL around :lol:

Tugboat

Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 24, 2007
Quintrell_Green":1bhg4oef said:
ealinggreen":1bhg4oef said:

It could have been a communication issue with a lack of Scouse / French dictionary! Luckily that will not be an issue with RL around :lol:
New manager came in and the rest is history

Jul 12, 2016
Nobby":1lospcbf said:
oldage":1lospcbf said:
ealinggreen":1lospcbf said:

Liverpool signed him to a long term contract last summer: https://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/academ ... verpool-fc

Amiens appointed a new manager in October and Lewis fell out of favour. He'd featured regularly until then. Therefore, rather than waste 6 months of his development, they've chosen to recall him and send him here where he will play games. Nothing about that says last chance saloon to me. But I guess that doesn't give you the chance to take a dig at the manager before his new signing has kicked a ball.
If you care to read the google link on this post you will see he played 9 times, Amiens were not impressed and Liverpool are disappointed he has not fulfilled his early promise but to those who think Lowe walks on water it's a good signing!

Mar 8, 2011
Plymouth
oldage":3km0bnqg said:
Nobby":3km0bnqg said:
oldage":3km0bnqg said:
ealinggreen":3km0bnqg said:

If you care to read the google link on this post you will see he played 9 times, Amiens were not impressed and Liverpool are disappointed he has not fulfilled his early promise but to those who think Lowe walks on water it's a good signing!
Who is to say its a bad signing though?

As a League One club in unprecedented times it isn't feasible for us to sign the very best players and we may have to rely on punts like this. He definitely seems to have something about him so hopefully he fulfills his promise here.

Remember Ryan Hardie?

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
All makes perfect sense to me, must have quality to be at Liverpool/England youth teams and be sent to a decent French club. Need another body there, and could thrive under a fellow Scouser with attacking instincts.

Welcome, Adam!

Sep 2, 2008
oldage":3difyfnt said:
Nobby":3difyfnt said:
oldage":3difyfnt said:
ealinggreen":3difyfnt said:

...and I guess you just reading what you want to read gives you the chance to have a dig at Oldage. We needed to get a WB in so hopefully Lewis can do the job. I'm not feeling that confident though bearing in mind what Gerrard said about him being the best thing he's seen at that age (17) in so much as what he can deliver in the final third. Sounds to me like another George Cooper....can deliver in the final third but is lacking in the 1st third. Time will tell.