Incoming.... (Adam Lewis from Liverpool signs) | Page 4 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Incoming.... (Adam Lewis from Liverpool signs)

Mar 24, 2019
IJN":3mxyktmg said:
Knibbsworth":3mxyktmg said:
vibratingspider":3mxyktmg said:
From a very knowledgeable Liverpool-supporting friend of mine:
He's been on the radar for ages. He was always too good for the youth teams, but i think he's not the biggest lad so when they tried to get him up levels he'd get bullied a bit. But he's 21 now, so now or never almost. He got a new contract with us last year though for about 4/5 years so they've obviously got hopes it all works out

My friend says this lad absolutely loves a tackle, when in the mood he plays like like Stuart Pearce.

That'll do for me. When was the last great tackler we had?
Oscar threlkheld loved a tackle

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
He certainly did and the Irish lad who Mrs made him sign for Motherwell. What was he called again?

Oct 20, 2015
Welcome Adam and best of luck. Work hard and you'll earn the GA's respect.

But... personally I don't count another loaner as a "signing". It's a stopgap, perhaps until end of season.

Don't forget we're still one regular first team CB down. 21-year old Lewis isn't going to plug that hole.

I'd be interested to see what the balance of our squad* is in terms of attack v defence minded players.

* Full time PAFC players

Jan 4, 2005
NEWQUAY
doozer":3k8bq88c said:
IJN":3k8bq88c said:
Knibbsworth":3k8bq88c said:
vibratingspider":3k8bq88c said:
From a very knowledgeable Liverpool-supporting friend of mine:
He's been on the radar for ages. He was always too good for the youth teams, but i think he's not the biggest lad so when they tried to get him up levels he'd get bullied a bit. But he's 21 now, so now or never almost. He got a new contract with us last year though for about 4/5 years so they've obviously got hopes it all works out

My friend says this lad absolutely loves a tackle, when in the mood he plays like like Stuart Pearce.

That'll do for me. When was the last great tackler we had?
Oscar threlkheld loved a tackle

Not as good as Johnny Hore!

Lesley Somerville

✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Jan 1, 2011
Plymouth
Judging by that video he can definitely put in a tackle! Looks like a 'busy' player who gets around the pitch and makes his presence felt. Just what we need.

JannerinCardiff

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
♣️ SWAG Member
Jul 16, 2018
Cardiff
Tugboat":dpyk3z2v said:
Looks a good addition and can assist with getting us further up the pitch.

I think Connor Grant may be lined up for the CDM which could allow Fornah to return and dig further into the market for a CB or 2.

I really like Grant at CDM personally.

JannerinCardiff

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
♣️ SWAG Member
Jul 16, 2018
Cardiff
PL2 3DQ":2bfw5hut said:
Nobby":2bfw5hut said:
oldage":2bfw5hut said:
Nobby":2bfw5hut said:
oldage":2bfw5hut said:
ealinggreen":2bfw5hut said:
Interesting signing, he was in the Amiens team until early December then disappeared from the team sheets , injured? Or a fall out, whatever Amiens are playing at a way better level than Argyle. Looking forward to seeing him.
Sounds like we are the "last chance saloon " for him as far as Liverpool are concerned. A typical Lowe gamble .

Liverpool signed him to a long term contract last summer: https://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/academ ... verpool-fc

Amiens appointed a new manager in October and Lewis fell out of favour. He'd featured regularly until then. Therefore, rather than waste 6 months of his development, they've chosen to recall him and send him here where he will play games. Nothing about that says last chance saloon to me. But I guess that doesn't give you the chance to take a dig at the manager before his new signing has kicked a ball.
If you care to read the google link on this post you will see he played 9 times, Amiens were not impressed and Liverpool are disappointed he has not fulfilled his early promise but to those who think Lowe walks on water it's a good signing!

You haven't read it properly though have you? Liverpool have not said they are disappointed. It's the opinion of the writer, which holds no more merit than someone writing on PASOTI.

The link to a local french paper states that Lewis failed to convince the management at Amiens. Which as I've alluded too, is likely in part because the manager who brought him in was sacked. Until then he'd featured 9 times. On top of that, he's a 20 year old, living in a foreign country in the middle of a global pandemic. Might have something to do with his struggle.

I don't think Lowe walks on water, but without even seeing Lewis kick a ball, you've decided it's a 'typical Lowe gamble' just because his previous loan spell wasn't a roaring success.

Anyway, here's some more interesting reading on Lewis and his time with Amiens. It was written shortly before the previous manager was sacked:

https://totalfootballanalysis.com/playe ... rt-tactics

Thanks for that and an interesting read. In short, he's an attack minded left wing back who doesn't dribble or run at defenders so much but likes to cross early. This should benefit Jephcott and Hardie.

He sounds very similar in style to George Cooper to me.

Dorset Green

✅ Evergreen
Feb 8, 2009
Bridport
He looks a very direct player who likes to stay wide, has pace, crosses the ball well and can tackle effectively.

I think that he will link well with Danny Mayor.

Judging by his interview he's a young lad who perhaps has been a bit unsettled by his loan spell in France and linking up with Ryan Lowe and familiar Scouse accents will make him feel more confident in his game.