Incoming.... (Adam Lewis from Liverpool signs) | Page 5 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Incoming.... (Adam Lewis from Liverpool signs)

Aug 5, 2015
Lets hope he’s a bit better than the last two Premiership all stars we had here playing full back. Playing being the operative word!

Jul 12, 2016
Never thought I would hear a player on loan from Liverpool calling us a massive club!

Sep 7, 2006
Looks like he takes a pretty decent corner too. Now we need a brick s*thouse centre half to connect with them...

Feb 21, 2012
Plymouth
I don't want to knock the lad, but these videos show a lot of good stuff,but does anyone ever look at the bad stuff of all players?
Remember the video of le Toeke? he looked world class,but was a very different player for us.
But from what i saw in Lewis's video,is that he reminds me of a certain G.Carey, i think he will do well.
Welcome to Argyle.

Apr 20, 2004
Dorset
rongreenblood":2w0j0kqc said:
I don't want to knock the lad, but these videos show a lot of good stuff,but does anyone ever look at the bad stuff of all players?
Remember the video of le Toeke? he looked world class,but was a very different player for us.
But from what i saw in Lewis's video,is that he reminds me of a certain G.Carey, i think he will do well.
Welcome to Argyle.

Too true. Somebody could probably put a 2 minute video together of me playing five a side and I'd look like Lionel Messi. What wouldn't show up is the 99.9% of the time I play like Lionel Blair ...

Emu

Oct 3, 2003
Sarf London
warney":2dl0udtl said:
rongreenblood":2dl0udtl said:
Welcome to Argyle.

Too true. Somebody could probably put a 2 minute video together of me playing five a side and I'd look like Lionel Messi. What wouldn't show up is the 99.9% of the time I play like Lionel Blair ...

I think you're doing Lionel Blair a disservice. I've heard he's got a great pair of feet. ;)

Dec 20, 2011
I cannot see any confirmation on pafc website about this signing. Am I missing something????
or is this just another rumour unsubstantiated?
:? :crazy:

Jul 12, 2016
falmouthgreen":2w1tojjb said:
I cannot see any confirmation on pafc website about this signing. Am I missing something????
or is this just another rumour unsubstantiated?
:? :crazy:
You must have forgotten to check yesterday :thumbs:

Apr 15, 2004
East Devon
Welcome aboard Adam.....you'll love it here! .. maybe you can translate for our manager :think:

Seriously though - the more I read thru' this thread and followed links (and ignoring Oldage :wink: ) the more excited I am to see him in a green shirt. Who cares if he's not the tallest wing back if he's a hungry young lad who "likes a tackle", can hit a great cross, has got pace and comes from one of the best clubs in Europe? Andy Robertson anyone? Usually my doubt about this sort of loan would be attitude - is he a 'billy big boots' who think he's too good to step down to the likes of 'little Plymouth'? But he was willing to up-sticks and try in a foreign country during a pandemic ..... so that seems very unlikely. Best of luck mate.

Jul 12, 2016
Ave_IT":2m5eqgni said:
Welcome aboard Adam.....you'll love it here! .. maybe you can translate for our manager :think:

Seriously though - the more I read thru' this thread and followed links (and ignoring Oldage :wink: ) the more excited I am to see him in a green shirt. Who cares if he's not the tallest wing back if he's a hungry young lad who "likes a tackle", can hit a great cross, has got pace and comes from one of the best clubs in Europe? Andy Robertson anyone? Usually my doubt about this sort of loan would be attitude - is he a 'billy big boots' who think he's too good to step down to the likes of 'little Plymouth'? But he was willing to up-sticks and try in a foreign country during a pandemic ..... so that seems very unlikely. Best of luck mate.
You pay as much attention to my comments as I do to yours.

Apr 15, 2004
East Devon
oldage":3submumw said:
Ave_IT":3submumw said:

Seriously though - the more I read thru' this thread and followed links (and ignoring Oldage ) the more excited I am to see him in a green shirt. Who cares if he's not the tallest wing back if he's a hungry young lad who "likes a tackle", can hit a great cross, has got pace and comes from one of the best clubs in Europe? Andy Robertson anyone? Usually my doubt about this sort of loan would be attitude - is he a 'billy big boots' who think he's too good to step down to the likes of 'little Plymouth'? But he was willing to up-sticks and try in a foreign country during a pandemic ..... so that seems very unlikely. Best of luck mate.
You pay as much attention to my comments as I do to yours.
Yeah - but you made the effort to respond to me didn't you !!! So HA! :lol:
Oh Boll0x!! :oops:

Jan 4, 2005
NEWQUAY
Ave_IT":3drqaq3j said:

Well he was happy enough to go to France to play for Amiens S C in the second tier of French League football. Their ground capacity is only about 13,000, which is less than Home Park. I cannot see that he can be ;'sniffy' about pitching up in Plymouth with a better ground and bigger attendances [when permitted of course]