#incoming! (Luke McCormick signs) | Page 14 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

#incoming! (Luke McCormick signs)

May 27, 2019
EXETER/OWLERTON
Steve Evans":7ivl8m0j said:
The Doctor":7ivl8m0j said:
Anyone who remembers seeing Alan Nicholls play in goal for Argyle will know that age and inexperience are not necessarily barriers to being a fantastic goalkeeper. Nichols was 20 when he joined Argyle and was picked for England U21s.
remember that and the arsenal 'keeper (not matt macey),can't bring his name to mind at the moment,an outstanding 'keeper who retired early through injury.
Mike will play in the prem in my opinion.

Steve - not sure if you are a season ticket holder, but if you are I am sure you must be as upset and disgusted as I am. I received my renewal letter this morning from Andrew Parkinson and in it, he says and I quote ā€œour ambition of becoming a financially sustainable Championship-level club in the coming yearsā€.

No mention at all of Premier League, let alone the Champions League. What are we to make of this short sighted approach? Should we be returning our season tickets in disgust, or calling for Parkinson to resign? :cool:

Jan 16, 2010
plymouth
Devongreenowl":icju8t3u said:
Steve Evans":icju8t3u said:
The Doctor":icju8t3u said:
Anyone who remembers seeing Alan Nicholls play in goal for Argyle will know that age and inexperience are not necessarily barriers to being a fantastic goalkeeper. Nichols was 20 when he joined Argyle and was picked for England U21s.
remember that and the arsenal 'keeper (not matt macey),can't bring his name to mind at the moment,an outstanding 'keeper who retired early through injury.

Steve - not sure if you are a season ticket holder, but if you are I am sure you must be as upset and disgusted as I am. I received my renewal letter this morning from Andrew Parkinson and in it, he says and I quote ā€œour ambition of becoming a financially sustainable Championship-level club in the coming yearsā€.

No mention at all of Premier League, let alone the Champions League. What are we to make of this short sighted approach? Should we be returning our season tickets in disgust, or calling for Parkinson to resign? :cool:
neither.andrew Parkinson is not yet a bona fide janner.he will learn that we are destined for the prem. ;) on to a similar size club mister owl,you've got a battle next season mate em ya?

Feb 18, 2009
Plymouth
Emu":1wftsxzz said:
Steve Evans":1wftsxzz said:
The Doctor":1wftsxzz said:

Alan Miller

Anyone remember the save Miller made v Oldham? Best save Iā€™ve ever seen live. Almost identical to ā€˜THEā€™ Gordon Banks save.

May 27, 2019
EXETER/OWLERTON
-12, no problem Steve. So long as we get a decent manager in. If we keep Monk weā€™re as good as down Iā€™m afraid. He couldnā€™t inspire the skin off the top of a rice pudding Iā€™m afraid. Shocking form post Christmas would have seen any other manager sacked. :sigh:

Oct 31, 2015
The Doctor":44qp1ii1 said:

Yep there was a young keeper who was brilliant and had it all before him.
I remember away to the monkey Hangers when we won 8-1. Some gnome next to me gave young Nicholls what for when the one went in. He just shook his head. :funny:

Apr 1, 2009
Keepitgreen":hcc0pc3n said:
I've seen Mike Cooper plenty of times and regard him as very capable. I wouldn't go as far as Steve Evans and say he's going to play for England (he might) but I think he's got a good future in the game and his time has come.

A much more realistic and sensible appraisal of Mike Cooper. It's great that we have a young keeper with such potential. However, the more he is over-hyped now, the more he will be criticised when he makes mistakes (and he obviously will make mistakes). It's not going to help him to build up such extreme expectations (England, Champions League winner, Ā£50 million pound player), at this stage, even if some of this is tongue-in-cheek.

Some of those bigging-up Cooper to extremes ought to know better. I don't think it helped Tyler Harvey's career to be over-hyped as he was. Let's be positive about Mike, be patient with him, but not put unnecessary expectation on at this stage.

Jan 16, 2010
plymouth
Devongreenowl":2dd1fde9 said:
-12, no problem Steve. So long as we get a decent manager in. If we keep Monk weā€™re as good as down Iā€™m afraid. He couldnā€™t inspire the skin off the top of a rice pudding Iā€™m afraid. Shocking form post Christmas would have seen any other manager sacked. :sigh:
you're not having ryal lowe mister owl. :furious:

Keepitgreen

šŸ† Callum Wright 23/24
šŸ‡°šŸ‡Ŗ Welicar Donor
ā™£ļø PACSA Member
ā™£ļø Senior Greens
āœ… Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
šŸŽ« S.T. Donor šŸŽ«
šŸš‘ Steve Hooper
āœØPasoti DonorāœØ
šŸŒŸSparksy MuralšŸŒŸ
May 12, 2008
Plymouth
xmastree":23du5z5m said:
Keepitgreen":23du5z5m said:
I've seen Mike Cooper plenty of times and regard him as very capable. I wouldn't go as far as Steve Evans and say he's going to play for England (he might) but I think he's got a good future in the game and his time has come.

A much more realistic and sensible appraisal of Mike Cooper. It's great that we have a young keeper with such potential. However, the more he is over-hyped now, the more he will be criticised when he makes mistakes (and he obviously will make mistakes). It's not going to help him to build up such extreme expectations (England, Champions League winner, Ā£50 million pound player), at this stage, even if some of this is tongue-in-cheek.

Some of those bigging-up Cooper to extremes ought to know better. I don't think it helped Tyler Harvey's career to be over-hyped as he was. Let's be positive about Mike, be patient with him, but not put unnecessary expectation on at this stage.
Premier League, Champions League, England, Ā£50m, Tyler Harvery etc etc all have one thing in common - Steve Evans. :D :D

May 27, 2019
EXETER/OWLERTON
Steve Evans":1h290jsc said:
Devongreenowl":1h290jsc said:
you're not having ryal lowe mister owl. :furious:

Wouldnā€™t want him Steve. He needs to stay at Argyle and keep learning his trade before he takes on a job like that. Different world, believe me! One day maybe. When heā€™s won the champions league :funny:

Jan 16, 2010
plymouth
Keepitgreen":3eynt6wv said:
xmastree":3eynt6wv said:
Keepitgreen":3eynt6wv said:

Premier League, Champions League, England, Ā£50m, Tyler Harvery etc etc all have one thing in common - Steve Evans. :D :D
:lol: