Incoming (Ryan Hardie signs) | Page 3 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Incoming (Ryan Hardie signs)

Jan 27, 2012
If soccerbase is correct, he appears to have around 30 goals from 100 appearances (including as substitute)- but some of these goals have been in the Scottish 2nd tier, which is not of the best standard. I'd say National League level.

I'm concerned that Blackpool don't want him- but he can perhaps come here and save / revive his career.

I hope he's cheap, because its a decent centre back that Argyle really need to spend their cash on.

May 28, 2015
Quintrell_Green":324b7hf4 said:
Pogleswoody":324b7hf4 said:
15 from 32 for Livingston last season. Could be the one?

Oh I could kiss him!! :clap:
(Hardie you see; Hardie, like Nelson and Hardie? You know; Hardie? Nelson? 'kismet' ? :oops: )

I think the last player from Livingstone that came to Argyle was Graeme Coughlan. If he should prove half as successful as him as a player, I will be pleased

I think it was actually marc McCallum. Not quite as successful

Jun 27, 2019
He scored seven goals in half a season in the Scottish Premiership last season (he was out injured until December). That's not a bad scoring record for a youngster, and indicates that he's going to have a decent future in the game - north of the border at least.

Whether he's got the goods to make it in England remains to be seen. Obviously Blackpool haven't been sufficiently impressed because he's either been an unused sub or left out of the squad altogether for every match they've played since October.

If Ryan Lowe is pinning his promotion hopes on a young lad who hasn't played a single minute of first-team football in three months then he's a braver man than I. This is a big gamble, and I'll be very surprised if we don't sign another striker before the end of the month.

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
Welcome aboard the good ship Mayflower.

Hardie hasn't played league football since early October, his last game was in the EFL Trophy at the end of November when he was subbed in the 57th minute so he may be a little rusty and short of match fitness for a few weeks.

I'm not judging this signing until I see him play. Good luck to him, hope he can contribute to a promotion.

I do wonder if this is our last striker signing. I have a feeling Rudden will go back to Rangers and we'll see another yet.

Obviously if Grant decides to go elsewhere then we'll also need a very good defender.

cheshiregreen

✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
Feb 17, 2004
cheshire
Hardie is tall so gives us new options. A head for Cooper to pick out in the box.

Still wonder if this means Taylor is now surplus as we have generally played with smaller strikers this season.

Concerns about Jephcott being left out are, I think, misplaced for now as the man in possession of the shirt.

leeroy221

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
May 10, 2015
Perhaps a player Lowe was keeping tabs on whilst at Bury and maybe interested in before he signed for Blackpool.
Anyhow, good luck Hardie.

May 8, 2011
I saw Hardie play last season for Livingston in the final game of the season against Motherwell. The only thing I remember about him was that he missed a penalty.

Dec 8, 2019
I don't think anyone is writing him off before seeing him play. The expectation was for an experienced striker to get 10 in half a season.
Perhaps he will do for us what Doyle has done at Swindon because ultimately, that came right out of the blue after a distinctly average career upto that point.
Let's hope his effort matches rudden but comes with goals

Mar 21, 2008
HC Green":fqfniywh said:
I saw Hardie play last season for Livingston in the final game of the season against Motherwell. The only thing I remember about him was that he missed a penalty.

What a glowing endorsement.

Difficult to not be underwhelmed, I also felt we would be in for someone that can hit the ground running and with the amount he has/hasn’t played that’s unlikely, not got a good feeling about this one.

Kevin Gollop

🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
Sep 24, 2003
Plymouth
Argylegames":2avrs6ef said:
Can meet up with the team in Carlisle and travel back on the bus!

The team are stopping off for training in Wigan tomorrow so he's due to meet up with the team there

JannerinCardiff

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
♣️ SWAG Member
Jul 16, 2018
Cardiff
I’m generally a really positive optimist when it comes to my club but hate to admit it but I’m quite underwhelmed at this signing. He’s scored goals in Scotland, big deal... Rudden has a good record in Scotland...

Hardie went to Blackpool, only played a handful of times and had yet to
score a league goal south of the border.

I thought we were going to bring in an experienced prolific goalscorer in the English lower divisions like a Pitman, Akinde or Agard.

Hope there’s another striker coming this window.