#incoming! (Ryan Hardie signs) | Page 4 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

#incoming! (Ryan Hardie signs)

Aug 5, 2016
Alan Nixon apparently knows nothing but seems to have broke this one days ago. Specified it would be on loan too.

Mar 17, 2018
Plymouth
ping_g5":1ecez81h said:
Lots of jokes on twitter about hotdogs..m could anyone enlighten me as to what that's all about?

I think this is all down to Andy Davies and one of his infamous voice over commentaries - along with Sarcevic as the 'Manchester Messi', he also came up with 'Hotdog Hardie' and it seems to have stuck! I think hotdog might refer to a flamboyant player, although I've not come across it elsewhere?

UTBA!

Aug 24, 2014
Plymouth
Knibbsworth":2fc75ln3 said:
Alan Nixon apparently knows nothing but seems to have broke this one days ago. Specified it would be on loan too.

Even a stopped clock is correct twice a day.

Welcome back Ryan.

Mar 15, 2007
Plymouth
GoGoGreen":tp2nm9mf said:
ping_g5":tp2nm9mf said:
Lots of jokes on twitter about hotdogs..m could anyone enlighten me as to what that's all about?

I think this is all down to Andy Davies and one of his infamous voice over commentaries - along with Sarcevic as the 'Manchester Messi', he also came up with 'Hotdog Hardie' and it seems to have stuck! I think hotdog might refer to a flamboyant player, although I've not come across it elsewhere?

UTBA!

It’s a reference to his speed/ability to go past a player and leave him behind. “Sent him for a Hot Dog” being the phrase.

Aug 5, 2016
PlymOdi":347r4wuv said:
Knibbsworth":347r4wuv said:

Even a stopped clock is correct twice a day.

Welcome back Ryan.

Sarcevic to Bolton he predicted too.

Wild stabs in the dark that just happen to be right.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
I'm sure he knows quite a bit but his declaration that Nicky Adams would sign for Argyle about 30 minutes after he signed for Northampton did it for me.

:lol:

May 18, 2011
The nicky Adams one was a shocker from him, but I think he does call a fair bit right, pretty sure he broke the news of the conor grant loan deal falling through well ahead of anyone a couple of seasons back

Jul 27, 2020
yes great news herald didnt mention a recall clause so do we assume a recall clause is always part of a loan deal?

I imagine the added years option on his seasiders contract would impact on any deal price so loan deal it is for now

Number 9 shirt too so one of the first names on team sheet and more chance of game time too

finally hello George Cooper what an extra piece of good news that could be really impressed with him last season

thanks to Ryan for wanting to be back here and continue the good work best wishes to his family

well done RL and more of the same quality please

Mar 23, 2019
Brilliant signing.

But lets not forget we got relegated from league 1 with carey, lamieres and ladapo leading the line.

Its the defence we need to sort out.

League 2 is a shocking league, the step up to league 1 is huge.

Jun 18, 2005
born St. Columb, Cornwall
Action Jackson":2d999x96 said:
Brilliant signing.

But lets not forget we got relegated from league 1 with carey, lamieres and ladapo leading the line.

Yes, I agree with you. We need more pace and intelligence at the back. Strikers are faster and smarter in league 1!

jerryatricjanner

✅ Evergreen
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Apr 22, 2006
saxman":23jbe68b said:
Action Jackson":23jbe68b said:
Brilliant signing.

Yes, I agree with you. We need more pace and intelligence at the back. Strikers are faster and smarter in league 1!
I think we still need 3 or 4 better players to compete well in league 1 and I am confident they will be brought in. Hardie coming back is great news, a shame we couldn't find the money for a permanent deal as one good season in league 1 and his value would soar.
To call League 2 shocking is rather harsh. I don't know how old Action Jackson is but the football played in league 2 today is streets ahead of what it was 20 or 30 years ago with the influx of so many foreign players, far better playing surfaces and the great strides made in sports science, diet and fitness just some of the factors.

Mark Pedlar

Administrator
Staff member
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Jul 28, 2010
Action Jackson":2ts1pjca said:
Brilliant signing.

None of that front line were committed and were managed by a man the whole team had lost faith in. There is no longer that much difference between top of Division 2 and middle of Division 1 and who knows what the outfall the current pandemic will be.

Canavan and Wootton will not be the same players as they were 2 seasons ago.

Aug 5, 2015
Coupled with the fact Wootton hardly played two seasons ago. I don’t get this harping on about the defence. Last year we had a new keeper and two new wing backs. If Aimson comes back we will have almost a completely different defence from two years ago. In addition to the shortcomings Mark pointed out one of the biggest failures of two years ago was that unfortunately Edwards failed to step up to the plate.