Intinery for Day of Action at Home Park | Page 3 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Intinery for Day of Action at Home Park

Jul 22, 2014
Due to a family commitment, my husband and I were only able to help for the afternoon. We were given a warm welcome and allocated a group to work with. It was such a worthwhile experience - to have people all working together - staff, fans, directors and academy players. Hopefully this will become an annual event. Am sure if it is repeated, even more people will turn up. Brilliant!

Oct 31, 2015
Well done to everyone involved in the doing and organising and thank you.
Spoke to a mate today who was one of the volunteers and he said HP is starting to look good and everyone involved dug out.

This looks like becoming an annual event which is a very good thing :clap: :thumbup:

Jun 4, 2015
Ford
Indeed. Well done and thank you to all involved. :clap: BTW, now that Bobby's Garden has been de-forested, are there any definite plans for that space (in case the corner fill-ins never materialise) or is it just to be left for an annual weeding? I really liked the idea that somebody came up with on here about filling in that area with some astroturf and having the club crest overlayed on it. :thumbup:

May 14, 2016
Something simple like this at Palace would fine until the corners get built in 10/20/30 years.

Apr 20, 2011
Tetbury
Sean":24fm2p1v said:
Something simple like this at Palace would fine until the corners get built in 10/20/30 years.

This is surely the best compromise?

Relatively cheap and very smart.

This seems like a no brainier for me.

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
That is EXACTLY what I had in mind but couldn't articulate very well :lol:

'Like a badge or mural on an angled board or astro turf thingy'

That exposed half-demolished concrete just cannot be visible, surely.

The Doctor

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 15, 2003
Plymouth
andapoet.blog
Centre Circle":2lvm5tkb said:
Sean":2lvm5tkb said:

This is surely the best compromise?

Relatively cheap and very smart.

This seems like a no brainier for me.

Would look great although I suspect the cost would be high (thousands of pounds if not £10k+). Perhaps I am wrong.

Jun 4, 2015
Ford
It HAS to look better than what’s there now and, of course, with the TV cameras moved to the Lyndy, that corner is going to be quite prominent. That Palace idea would be perfect. :thumbup:

Oct 28, 2011
Nottingham
Why not take back the lip of the old terracing a bit and put some sort of custom metal framework with seats going down to pitch-level for a slight extension to the lower Mayflower? There must be room for a good 50-80 seats there.

They could be optionally covered over with say a club logo banner for low-turnout games and then freed up as and when they are needed for more prestigious games.

Ottawa Green

Site Admin
Staff member
🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Cream First
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 18, 2003
Ottawa, Canada
I would think that would be a perfect job for PAFC displays i'm sure they could come up with a design that would fit there and with Argyles permission i'm sure it could be tied down somehow so it doesn't blow away.
All it takes is a little imagination and a little initiative.
Another idea how about a large PASOTI banner there, how about it IJN??? I would start with a tenner for that.

Jun 4, 2015
Ford
Hopefully one of the GoS guys will oblige? As the wooden 'panelling' (ahem) at the rear and Demport End join appears to be still falling apart or non-existent in places(!), you can see that the huge Budlea bush has now gone and that corner is now quite open. However, knowing those damned things, I'm quite certain that this time next year will see it as profuse as ever - the soil there needs either digging up or concreting over to kill it off. Despite all the magnificent efforts last weekend, that particular part of the ground still looks an eyesore and distinctly out of place with all the improvements taking place elsewhere in the stadium. Just take a look at it from the Supporters Bricks behind the Demport to see for yourselves. :sad:

tonsk

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🚑 Steve Hooper
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Sep 19, 2003
Plymouth
www.dastardlys.co.uk
I think that Palace one is a pvc banner with eyelets around the perimiter.
Very do-able

tonsk