Its no suprise we have struggled. Hallett & the board have alot to answer for. | Page 12 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Its no suprise we have struggled. Hallett & the board have alot to answer for.

Screen Corner

🇭🇰🇭🇰🇭🇰🇭🇰🇭🇰🇭🇰
Dec 11, 2016
Balham, London.
Yes True. Like getting us back in the Championship! 🙄
Yes they did INCREDIBLE to get us back to the championship...but, during this season, once SS left, they made huge mistakes. They did not recruit experience or in the case of backroom staff, did not recruit anyone at all. They made a mistake after a faultless few years.

But a very costly mistake.

Daz

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
Pasoti Quiz Champions
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 30, 2003
Yes they did INCREDIBLE to get us back to the championship...but, during this season, once SS left, they made huge mistakes. They did not recruit experience or in the case of backroom staff, did not recruit anyone at all. They made a mistake after a faultless few years.

But a very costly mistake.
You seem to have given up on the season and think we’ve been relegated already? Fosters appointment has cost us nothing at all (yet).

Aug 5, 2015
You seem to have given up on the season and think we’ve been relegated already? Fosters appointment has cost us nothing at all (yet).
I agree Daz. Anyone would think we were already relegated. At least our future is in our own hands and we’re not reliant on the results of others

Reactions: Paul green14
Jun 5, 2021
SH takes the plaudits when things go well so must take the criticism when things go sour.
In my view two events took place which were beyond the control of SH and the Board and which have caused us to fall nearly to the relegation zone.
First Schumacher walks out a few days before Christmas and takes most of his staff with him. This meant the club was ‘hollowed out‘ and the four games over Christmas and the New Year were difficult for us.
Second key members of the team were recalled by their parent clubs. I bet it is rare that so many members of a team get recalled. Players like Azaz were difficult to replace.

I feel sure IF wanted to bring in a striker but we could not afford the price and wagers. The club knows what players it needs but finding them within our budgets is almost impossible.

Listened to an interview with Mark Robins the Coventry boss. Asked why he had stayed so long at the club and not gone on and chased a higher salary with bigger clubs, he replied, saying the club had stood by him in the bad times, so he felt he should stay and repay that faith. A concept alien to people like Lowe and Schumacher.

Screen Corner

🇭🇰🇭🇰🇭🇰🇭🇰🇭🇰🇭🇰
Dec 11, 2016
Balham, London.
He will be sacked very, very soon and a more experienced manager will be brought in.

This is what should have happened when SS left. They made a mistake and will try to resolve it.

Sep 22, 2020
the silence from those in charge at the club is astounding. surely someone needs to say we back the manager 100 per cent. by not saying anything it simply seems that they hope the discontent and anger shown at the preston game will go away and everyone will forget.

stay up or go down, in the balance but irrespective i do feel IF will struggle to win back the fans which will be a continuing problem going forward.

to make 5/6 signing in january and have only one start v preston when the team needed additions following departures is very disappointing and says we are using players that had been judged to need replacing. no surprise we are struggling now.

May 4, 2012
Sunderland
the silence from those in charge at the club is astounding. surely someone needs to say we back the manager 100 per cent. by not saying anything it simply seems that they hope the discontent and anger shown at the preston game will go away and everyone will forget.
No response is a response, and it's clearly the response they've taken. A statement saying they back him would probably be seen as a negative, and unnecessary, because a vote of confidence usually means there's only a matter of time before someone gets sacked. By not saying anything that's actually a stronger message from the board, because the 'vote of confidence' would add extra pressure, that hasn't happened, which shows how strongly he is being backed by the board.

Forest of Dean Green

✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Mar 5, 2009
Gloucestershire

stay up or go down, in the balance but irrespective i do feel IF will struggle to win back the fans which will be a continuing problem going forward.

to make 5/6 signing in january and have only one start v preston when the team needed additions following departures is very disappointing and says we are using players that had been judged to need replacing. no surprise we are struggling now.
One thing you should know by now is that comms at Argyle is purposeful and they only say things when they need to be said and have something meaningful to report. It is not based around fans going into a tailspin and a need to try and satisfy that. The only thing that would satisfy many fans right now is to hear that he’s been sacked. A vote of confidence type statement achieves nothing. We will have to be patient as I assume in the background they are working to make things better and the club aren’t daft. Whatever we think we know, they will know and more. And they will be trying to put things in place to improve. And only if those things are exhausted and they take a view it’s irrecoverable, will we hear something. So we need to just wait.

GU7Green

✅ Evergreen
May 10, 2022
Godalming, Surrey
Player tweets have pretty much stopped since Foster arrived and is similar to the players no longer meeting fans and posing for selfies before games as they go off for a pre-match lunch.
Whether all this is under instruction from Foster who knows but we are a club and have an owner who encourages fan engagement and community and for aspects of this to stop must be a concern for Hallett.

And yes, Edwards has recently been very quiet.
good observation! Callum Wright still seems to quite a bit, though mostly (if not all) none are argyle related.

The Doctor

✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 15, 2003
Plymouth
andapoet.blog
Just for fun, I've been doing some analysis of the fluctuations in league table positions for all clubs in the top four divisions. So far I have gone back 15 years (roughly half of my time supporting Argyle).

I suspect that many people would be fairly shocked to know what Argyle's average league position has been over that period (so from 2008-9 through to 2022-23) and also to see the names of the four teams immediately above and the four teams immediately below us in the 15-seasons average league table. I know that you can look at things on different timescales, perhaps going back in time to periods when Argyle were generally a higher placed team but those days are long gone, but I feel that it is instructive to get a realistic view of Argyle's footballing status in recent years and to think about what this means in terms of the types of team we are now competing with and the way that people associated with other teams, including fans, would perceive Argyle (because this is justifiably very different from how we like to see ourselves I think).

The bottom line is that we are currently competing well above the level our 15-year average level and far above those teams that are most similar to us in terms of average performance over that period (two of which are no longer in the top four divisions). Whether people like it or not we are trying to compete far above our 'natural' level. That's not defeatist or accepting mediocrity, it's fact, and I think that it is important context for the debate that is ongoing in this thread and elsewhere.

Sep 22, 2020
i take the point about not saying anything is supporting the manager.

lets see how things go against norwich and bristol city. lets hope we have at least 3 points from those 2 games to set us up to the two biggies v rotherham and qpr.

will the chairman be here v bristol city? maybe if he is personally in such a bad atmosphere and can here the discontent he will feel the pain like we all did.

Apr 12, 2016
Not saying anything is potentially worse if we get bad results against Norwich and Bristol City. It will appear to some that they don't care and have accepted the downturn in results and maybe relegation too. If we lose (badly) at Norwich and then concede early against Bristol City with a low goal threat from ourselves then HP potentially will become very ugly.

Other clubs do make statements most noticeably when Preston backed Lowe earlier in the season. It can be a benefit

For the record I'm a huge admirer of what SH & Co have done for the club in the last few years. COYG !

Said old Green

⚪️ Pasoti Visitor ⚪️
Jan 3, 2023
Just for fun, I've been doing some analysis of the fluctuations in league table positions for all clubs in the top four divisions. So far I have gone back 15 years (roughly half of my time supporting Argyle).

I suspect that many people would be fairly shocked to know what Argyle's average league position has been over that period (so from 2008-9 through to 2022-23) and also to see the names of the four teams immediately above and the four teams immediately below us in the 15-seasons average league table. I know that you can look at things on different timescales, perhaps going back in time to periods when Argyle were generally a higher placed team but those days are long gone, but I feel that it is instructive to get a realistic view of Argyle's footballing status in recent years and to think about what this means in terms of the types of team we are now competing with and the way that people associated with other teams, including fans, would perceive Argyle (because this is justifiably very different from how we like to see ourselves I think).

The bottom line is that we are currently competing well above the level our 15-year average level and far above those teams that are most similar to us in terms of average performance over that period (two of which are no longer in the top four divisions). Whether people like it or not we are trying to compete far above our 'natural' level. That's not defeatist or accepting mediocrity, it's fact, and I think that it is important context for the debate that is ongoing in this thread and elsewhere.
So what you are saying is that Argyle have always been crap?