Its no suprise we have struggled. Hallett & the board have alot to answer for. | Page 13 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Its no suprise we have struggled. Hallett & the board have alot to answer for.

Sep 6, 2006
i take the point about not saying anything is supporting the manager.

lets see how things go against norwich and bristol city. lets hope we have at least 3 points from those 2 games to set us up to the two biggies v rotherham and qpr.

will the chairman be here v bristol city? maybe if he is personally in such a bad atmosphere and can here the discontent he will feel the pain like we all did.
I'm sure he feels the pain. Nothing will change this season. Don't know how hard that is to understand.

May 16, 2016
SH takes the plaudits when things go well so must take the criticism when things go sour.
In my view two events took place which were beyond the control of SH and the Board and which have caused us to fall nearly to the relegation zone.
First Schumacher walks out a few days before Christmas and takes most of his staff with him. This meant the club was ‘hollowed out‘ and the four games over Christmas and the New Year were difficult for us.
Second key members of the team were recalled by their parent clubs. I bet it is rare that so many members of a team get recalled. Players like Azaz were difficult to replace.

I feel sure IF wanted to bring in a striker but we could not afford the price and wagers. The club knows what players it needs but finding them within our budgets is almost impossible.

Listened to an interview with Mark Robins the Coventry boss. Asked why he had stayed so long at the club and not gone on and chased a higher salary with bigger clubs, he replied, saying the club had stood by him in the bad times, so he felt he should stay and repay that faith. A concept alien to people like Lowe and Schumacher.
Confused now.

Simon Hallett must take criticism for events you admit were out of his control ?

Manager walks out, his backroom staff follow him and one of our best players is recalled and sold and you said he's difficult to replace.

The new manager (you feel sure) wanted to bring in a striker but we can't afford whoever it may or may not have been, along with amy other players they know we need.

Mark Robbins acknowledged his club stood by him in the bad times but am I correct in assuming we should criticise Simon Hallett for doing the same ?

L G

♣️ PACSA Member
✅ Evergreen
Feb 25, 2005
Lostwithiel, Capital of Cornwall.
Player tweets have pretty much stopped since Foster arrived and is similar to the players no longer meeting fans and posing for selfies before games as they go off for a pre-match lunch.
Whether all this is under instruction from Foster who knows but we are a club and have an owner who encourages fan engagement and community and for aspects of this to stop must be a concern for Hallett.

And yes, Edwards has recently been very quiet.
We haven't had a Chairmans note since Christmas I think.:unsure:
Community and fan engagement are very much on Simon's playbook.

Sep 22, 2020
Simon Hallett must take criticism for events you admit were out of his control ?

as the senior person at the club he is ultimately responsible for everything that happens at the club be he personally involved or not.

That is just a fact.

should we be relegated he will be seen to be the person who oversaw that. be that fair or not.

Feb 8, 2005
We haven't had a Chairmans note since Christmas I think.:unsure:
Community and fan engagement are very much on Simon's playbook.
You may have to wait until the season ends to get something from our owner.

Reactions: L G
Mar 1, 2024
Wigan

as the senior person at the club he is ultimately responsible for everything that happens at the club be he personally involved or not.

That is just a fact.

should we be relegated he will be seen to be the person who oversaw that. be that fair or not.
He had a choice and decided to stick by the principles he set out and not throw money at problems as the only thing that guarantees is you have less money. Of course he has to take responsibility but that doesn’t mean he would change his decisions if he thinks we are still on course to achieve the 5 year plan.

Reactions: Moll
Jun 24, 2008
Yorkshire
For me it's not the appointment of foster that's the problem it's the poo football it's been poo since Huddersfield and let's be honest we've lost to some teams in poor form as well Sunderland are that bad that they sacked there manager
Blackburn were awful and tbh I'm not sure how Carrick is still in a job given there resources albeit we did beat them

Jul 12, 2016
For me it's not the appointment of foster that's the problem it's the poo football it's been poo since Huddersfield and let's be honest we've lost to some teams in poor form as well Sunderland are that bad that they sacked there manager
Blackburn were awful and tbh I'm not sure how Carrick is still in a job given there resources albeit we did beat them
I ‘ll take “poo football” (strange description) anytime if it retains our championship status

Reactions: smudja
Jul 12, 2016
He had a choice and decided to stick by the principles he set out and not throw money at problems as the only thing that guarantees is you have less money. Of course he has to take responsibility but that doesn’t mean he would change his decisions if he thinks we are still on course to achieve the 5 year plan.
SH has far more to lose than any fan If we get relegated.

May 4, 2012
Sunderland
I ‘ll take “poo football” (strange description) anytime if it retains our championship status
Is it going to though? Only Rotherham and Birmingham have picked up fewer points than us in the last 10 league games. We have had some tough games in that time, but we've also faced a Sunderland side so poor under their manager that he's now been sacked, a West Brom side who hadn't won away in two months before facing us, a Middlesbrough side who hadn't won at home in two months before playing us and a Blackburn side who are in terrible form. Sure, we beat Middlesbrough, and we weren't far off beating Coventry, but there's very little to suggest this football will keep us up. The three games after Norwich are huge. We probably need seven points from those games. Current form suggests we won't get that.

Reactions: GreenEden

greenteign

Cream First
✅ Evergreen
♣️ Teign Valley Greens
Dec 27, 2016
stay up or go down, in the balance but irrespective i do feel IF will struggle to win back the fans which will be a continuing problem going forward.
Football fans are fickle. If Foster wins the next 3 games, he’s a hero and back to being an upgrade on Schumacher. Fans just want a team that wins.

Reactions: smudja and oldage
Jul 12, 2016
Is it going to though? Only Rotherham and Birmingham have picked up fewer points than us in the last 10 league games. We have had some tough games in that time, but we've also faced a Sunderland side so poor under their manager that he's now been sacked, a West Brom side who hadn't won away in two months before facing us, a Middlesbrough side who hadn't won at home in two months before playing us and a Blackburn side who are in terrible form. Sure, we beat Middlesbrough, and we weren't far off beating Coventry, but there's very little to suggest this football will keep us up. The three games after Norwich are huge. We probably need seven points from those games. Current form suggests we won't get that.
Wait and see!

smudja

✅ Evergreen
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Dec 29, 2005
Glenrothes

That is just a fact.

What you are basically saying is Simon Hallett is behind the wheel so it's his fault even though he was side swiped by a HGV