Its no suprise we have struggled. Hallett & the board have alot to answer for. | Page 15 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Its no suprise we have struggled. Hallett & the board have alot to answer for.

Jan 16, 2010
plymouth
Look I'm not fan of Foster but the real issue here is the timing of Schueys departure and the amount of change ie backroom staff.
Foster was not to blame for that result yesterday and had he picked teams to play like that at HP over the last month I doubt that he would be in this position with the fans
I've been 15 away games this season and seen 2 wins but you know what I've enjoyed it up until foster coming in because we tried. I said to my son after 20mins at Huddersfield I'm not sure about this bloke looks like a long ball team and I have been proven right but for me it's about perspective nothing that happened yesterday made Ian Fosters position more untenable in my eyes team played well albeit running out of legs against an in form team with a bench seriously lacking in quality not really sure how Foster is at fault for that I'm sure he has used his budget in January and has nothing left
Do I think regardless of division next season Foster is the right man no I don't because the fans have decided already but do I also believe we should criticise every move he makes no I don't. Yesterday I enjoyed us giving it a go the same as at Coventry and Leeds and countless other games earlier in the season when SS was beyond criticismn for using crap players as inverted full backs
i think that's a very fair post.i agree schuey leaving us in the lurch was the beginning of the relegation.

Reactions: Duncanrice1

MikeD

🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
Oct 20, 2003
Calgary, Canada
There was a thread pre season in which quite a few people said they didn't want the big money to come in as it would change the character of our club. Fair enough.

However, it can't be denied that to achieve even the previous objective of becoming a sustainable Championship club requires a significant cash injection. Surviving by the skin of our teeth is not being a sustainable Championship club and, without additional funds to support competing at this level it is surely only a matter of time before we are back in L1.

Some may be OK with that if it means keeping the club as it is. Seeing where we are now though, maybe the question needs asking again: what kind of club do we want Argyle to be going forward?

Forest of Dean Green

✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Mar 5, 2009
Gloucestershire
There was a thread pre season in which quite a few people said they didn't want the big money to come in as it would change the character of our club. Fair enough.

However, it can't be denied that to achieve even the previous objective of becoming a sustainable Championship club requires a significant cash injection. Surviving by the skin of our teeth is not being a sustainable Championship club and, without additional funds to support competing at this level it is surely only a matter of time before we are back in L1.

Some may be OK with that if it means keeping the club as it is. Seeing where we are now though, maybe the question needs asking again: what kind of club do we want Argyle to be going forward?
The one that SH is trying to build. A community club that invests in infrastructure and a better fan experience. That builds its own revenue and uses that to fund its football performance. That has a broad set of principles about creating value rather than buying over priced assets that drain money and create long term risk. And one that looks for investors prepared to invest in that and help build it, not give us a steroid injection that ultimately damages us. Remember, SH is prospecting for investors. He knows we need it

What else do we want? We’ve been saying for ages that we are lucky how we are run and then at the first sign of danger some fans (and I’m not saying you, but some) leap straight onto the panic button. Our future isn’t in jeopardy, even if our future league position may be. And if it goes wrong now, it’ll correct itself

Feb 11, 2024
Been a few years since I last posted on here

I am a Bury fan who was welcomed with open arms at Home Park in 2019 just after Lowe joined Argyle. Ever since I always look out for your results and have a bit of a soft spot you tbh

Reading some of the criticism on here about Simon Hallett is truly mind boggling, Argyle fan, brought up in the area and blatantly cares about the club massively

This Foster appointment is looking like a bad appointment granted but looking at were you are today as opposed to when he took over it is insane that anybody would start to turn on this guy. He has turned your club around and got you back to were you deserve to be, Attendances have doubled and you have been treated to great attacking football for the last few years. Its crazy how fickle some people are, your first bad spell in nearly 5 years and the daggers are out. Surely SH has enough credit in the bank to be trusted. This season was always going to be a struggle, if anything you have over achieved up to this point, such a shame to see people turning against a man who has done so much for you

Get behind your team for the remaining games and fingers crossed you stay up. A toxic atmosphere around the place will do nobody any favours

As a Bury fan I know all to well what a bad owner can do to a club. Be thankful you have one who genuinely cares about you

Fingers crossed for you
Wow, great reply, ive been guilty of unfairly aiming at SH but youre right mate

Screen Corner

🇭🇰🇭🇰🇭🇰🇭🇰🇭🇰🇭🇰
Dec 11, 2016
Balham, London.
Board finally sack him (way to late as another - another mistake made).

Board do not appoint an actual football manager to take over, instead opting for Neil Dewsnip - another mistake.

Post Scheuy leaving, we have been managed by the board in a amateur way, which will be the reason we may fall out of the division.

May 16, 2016
Absolutely, we all know there's a room full of top managers just sitting around waiting for the chance to manage a struggling L1 Club fighting to stay in the Championship for 6 games in front of a support likely to turn on them after their first failure to win.

Reactions: kernow19
Jan 6, 2004
Absolutely, we all know there's a room full of top managers just sitting around waiting for the chance to manage a struggling L1 Club fighting to stay in the Championship for 6 games in front of a support likely to turn on them after their first failure to win.
There is potentially one, who is free, lives a few miles away and attends every home game he can has a history of turning around relegation threatened clubs in the championship and is a well known as a superb motivator. Just saying....