January Transfer Rumours & L1 signings | Page 28 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

January Transfer Rumours & L1 signings

Jan 18, 2007
So what do we think are we going to get anyone in? I'm not holding me breath to be honest, just think it would have happened by now. I guess a couple of panic loans like the lad from west ham could come on the 31st but is that really what we require. We were told the new stand was funded separately so how come we are now so short of money with our crowds? C

Sep 20, 2005
Stockholm
Emu":2udic0c8 said:
I'm going to be controversial, Sarcevic does nothing for me.
I suggest we get in an ACM....

I agree, although I'd say a more box to box type would be what we need. I think Sarce is rated by a lot on here because he runs around a lot. But his technique is poor (his passing and finishing lets him down so often) and he seems to only have one good game every five to ten.

I think he's the best option we have there at the moment, but there is definitely room for improvement. He'll be out for two games at some point soon so we need at least a plan B.

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
Emu":27dv3x19 said:
I'm going to be controversial, Sarcevic does nothing for me.
I suggest we get in an ACM....

Sarcevic probably has one good game out of four.
In one game he's unplayable and the best player on the pitch, in the other three or so games he strolls through, usually anonymously and might have a good 20 minute spell.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
I would say two games in four, but I know exactly what you mean.

Sometimes his touch is sublime, other games he simply can't control it and then picks up a yellow trying to take it back. I'd rather have him in our team than not though.

Feb 8, 2005
I agree, Ian.

Sometimes I think it is a fitness issue. Maybe playing Saturday then Tuesday then Saturday again may take it out of him.

Then again, I think if he has a fitness issue then playing like that should improve his fitness anyway, shouldn't it?

I think it may be a confidence issue. The difference between going for a loose ball, with confidence, and getting it under control, and not going for a ball but allowing the opposition to have it because he isn't confident, may be the issue.

When he is confident to really go for a ball and come away with it is when he is at his best. He certainly get us up the pitch then, but when he doesn't do that and falls back to defending, then the ball gets passed around him and the team as a whole doesn't get up the field at all.

There is a big difference.

Mar 14, 2009
Without Sarcevic there is no midfield presence. His physicality is badly missed when not in the side because we get badly bullied by the more physical sides of league one.

Allow us to play football nd attack us, we have a chance. Rough us up and put men behind the ball we badly struggle. Adams hasn’t found a solution in his time here to adapt our team to play different styles and formations. With have two formations in our locker. 4-2-3-1 and 4-1-4-1.

Managers like Ainsworth already have a tactical advantage because they know how we gonna start games, which then transfers us to a slow start.

We badly need more physicality and pace in this team.

May 30, 2008
Camberley, Surrey
chichestergreen":t7b1s54e said:
So what do we think are we going to get anyone in? I'm not holding me breath to be honest, just think it would have happened by now. I guess a couple of panic loans like the lad from west ham could come on the 31st but is that really what we require. We were told the new stand was funded separately so how come we are now so short of money with our crowds? C

I very much doubt we will be getting anyone in.

Adams basically saying lets see what happens which means nothing will happen

Big mistake in my opinion. January window was seen as pivotal to our survival chances and as predicted sod all has happened

Jul 12, 2016
Disappointed but not surprised. Adams can't force players to sign and we are not a very attractive proposition at the best of times. 4 days to go so still time for our third/forth choices to arrive!

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
OR another and far more likely logic would be we would have players in now if he was going down the 1/2/3/4th choice route.

So perhaps, just perhaps his No 1 choices are keeping us/him dangling.

Jul 12, 2011
Mountwise Plymouth
IJN":3cr0zwlj said:
OR another and far more likely logic would be we would have players in now if he was going down the 1/2/3/4th choice route.

I'm under the same thought process as you Ian.

The better players that are available for loan/free will be weighing up all their options first, also there is a commonly known transfer domino affect where a club needs to get someone in before they release one and so on.

People moan about getting the 2nd/3rd choice etc yet won't allow the club to potentially pick up their first choice. Unfortunately by doing so they also run the risk of getting on one. I'd rather wait and get the right player in than some player who isn't going to add anything to the team and waste budget.

May 8, 2011
Last Sunday lunchtime Argyle held a match at Harper’s Park with invited trialists from across the country playing against an Argyle XI, with Adams and all the management team watching.

Have to see if any impressed enough to be taken on.

Although because of the age of the trialists it could be a few years before we see them in the first team.

Mar 15, 2007
Plymouth
Glynn":1z1sx0xr said:
IJN":1z1sx0xr said:

I'm under the same thought process as you Ian.

The better players that are available for loan/free will be weighing up all their options first, also there is a commonly known transfer domino affect where a club needs to get someone in before they release one and so on.

People moan about getting the 2nd/3rd choice etc yet won't allow the club to potentially pick up their first choice. Unfortunately by doing so they also run the risk of getting on one. I'd rather wait and get the right player in than some player who isn't going to add anything to the team and waste budget.

There's also the fact that a lot of Championship clubs are still in the FA Cup and may have wanted to rotate for the cup, so they've kept hold of fringe players until that point has passed.

Things will start to move tomorrow and i'd be shocked if we don't have two new bodies through the door by the deadline. I'd like more, but I get the feeling we're struggling to move players out.

Dec 6, 2012
Plymouth, England, PL2 3HG
pedro91":3kzdc7ou said:
Mark Pedlar":3kzdc7ou said:
pedro91":3kzdc7ou said:
JannerinCardiff":3kzdc7ou said:
Apparently DA wants 2 players before the window shuts next Thursday..

I know who he would like if he had unlimited funds !

I thought spying on training was banned?
One of them is playing tonight
"unlimited funds " gives a clue as to who wont be coming to Argyle!!!