January Transfer Rumours & L1 signings | Page 26 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

January Transfer Rumours & L1 signings

Tugboat

Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 24, 2007
davie nine":3s1hlycs said:
Why is there this obsession with former loanees?
There are many more options than Remi Matthews, who has now returned to Bolton, and Zak Vyner, who is still with Rotherham.
We’ve got Oscar back so perhaps you will you be suggesting Sonny Bradley next?
Time to move on to other options.

Because they’ve been important players for us and we know what we’re getting with them?

May 16, 2016
Tugboat":dkmpfo7s said:
davie nine":dkmpfo7s said:
There are many more options than Remi Matthews, who has now returned to Bolton, and Zak Vyner, who is still with Rotherham.

Because they’ve been important players for us and we know what we’re getting with them?

Jason Banton ?

JannerinCardiff

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
♣️ SWAG Member
Jul 16, 2018
Cardiff
What struck me about last night is that we don’t seem to have anyone who can play the attacking central midfield role Sarcevic does. He’s very close to having a 2 match suspension, I really think we should be looking for a good quality player that can cover this position.. or is Conor Grant (when he returns from injury) or moving Carey Inside (with Joel Grant slotting in at LFW) expected to fill the void ?

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
Tugboat":uipr3bs3 said:
davie nine":uipr3bs3 said:

Especially when the loan is very recent and the player really DOES fit the bill, like a Curtis Nelson MKII. And Vyner attending the Bristol Rovers game shows he has an affinity with the club already.

I was about to say it's an added bonus that Vyner is from the Westcountry but Wiki tells me he's a Londoner :mad:

If it was a Jamie Mackie or Ebanks-Blake then that really is rose tinted glasses, but Vyner would be a no-brainer.

Jun 27, 2013
Guiri Green":3nykrxmu said:
Tugboat":3nykrxmu said:
davie nine":3nykrxmu said:

Jason Banton ?

Bobby Reid

Nick Chadwick....;-)

Edited to add; But seriously though, I'd welcome Vyner or Nelson back in a heartbeat, although any defender in their mould arriving this month would be music to my ears and one less thing to accelerate the retreat of my hairline

Mark Pedlar

Administrator
Staff member
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Jul 28, 2010
JannerinCardiff":zhfjlsg7 said:
What struck me about last night is that we don’t seem to have anyone who can play the attacking central midfield role Sarcevic does. He’s very close to having a 2 match suspension, I really think we should be looking for a good quality player that can cover this position.. or is Conor Grant (when he returns from injury) or moving Carey Inside (with Joel Grant slotting in at LFW) expected to fill the void ?

I'd like to see Jephcott given a go there.

Carey was used there effectively in a game before Xmas until Adams thought he'd try Lameiras ' didn't work then either.

Jan 4, 2016
Pilgrim Returned":2971yd4y said:
But seriously though, I'd welcome Vyner or Nelson back in a heartbeat, although any defender in their mould arriving this month would be music to my ears and one less thing to accelerate the retreat of my hairline

How about Zak Jules? 6'2, pacey cb & Scotland u21 international. Strikes me as similar to Vyner & Nelson

JannerinCardiff

♣️ SWAG Member
Jul 16, 2018
Cardiff
Mark Pedlar":3do3hnvi said:
JannerinCardiff":3do3hnvi said:

Carey was used there effectively in a game before Xmas until Adams thought he'd try Lameiras ' didn't work then either.

From what I’ve seen of Jephcott I’d say he’s more of a wide or central forward, but you never know until you see him in another position I guess..

JannerinCardiff

♣️ SWAG Member
Jul 16, 2018
Cardiff
Ipswich’s Jordan Roberts who we’d been linked with has gone to Lincoln.

Emu

Oct 3, 2003
Sarf London
JannerinCardiff":30zc9j9w said:
Mark Pedlar":30zc9j9w said:
JannerinCardiff":30zc9j9w said:

From what I’ve seen of Jephcott I’d say he’s more of a wide or central forward, but you never know until you see him in another position I guess..

That's a good shout re Jephcott.

JannerinCardiff

♣️ SWAG Member
Jul 16, 2018
Cardiff
Apr 20, 2008
Plymouth
Some other random "how abouts" on loan:

Josh Knight - centre back from Leicester
Cian Harries - centre back from Swansea
Sid Nelson - centre back from Millwall, had a successful loan spell at Swindon earlier this season.