January Transfer Rumours & L1 signings | Page 25 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

January Transfer Rumours & L1 signings

Mark Pedlar

Administrator
Staff member
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Jul 28, 2010
bringonthemilkman":2c83ynbi said:
Spoke to a couple of Rotherham season ticket holders this morning. They both say Vyner has been dire and we would be very welcome to him and no way is he a Championship player something I find hard to believe considering his performances for us last season. The only dodgy performance for us was one game when Derek played him at rb for some reason

He had a dire game at Scunthorpe away too. But more positives than minuses.

Oct 31, 2015
pastiesforlife":3cdn490x said:
pastiesforlife":3cdn490x said:
Here’s a thought. Zak Vyner has been getting a load of stick from Rotherham fans. Rotherham haven’t helped him by playing him out of position. Bristol City have a recall in January option in the loan.

Worth a phone call to Lee Johnson to get him back and send him to us?

https://www.bcfc.co.uk/news/vyner-joins ... m-on-loan/

Again booed off when subbed for Rotherham today. Don’t know why they persist in playing him at right back. Would be a good loan for us and play him at centre half again.

http://boards.footymad.net/showthread.php?t=38235687

Why play him at RB? Surely Brizzle must have had an input into his position whilst on loan.

I would have him back at CB but who would you drop? Eddy or Cannavan?

ping g5

🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Dec 20, 2005
Bristol can have all the input they like but when it comes to it if at 2pm the Rotherham manager says 'Zak - right back' there's not a lot Bristol can do.

earl grey

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Nov 26, 2011
rsp4":3vdul6yw said:
pastiesforlife":3vdul6yw said:
pastiesforlife":3vdul6yw said:
Here’s a thought. Zak Vyner has been getting a load of stick from Rotherham fans. Rotherham haven’t helped him by playing him out of position. Bristol City have a recall in January option in the loan.

Again booed off when subbed for Rotherham today. Don’t know why they persist in playing him at right back. Would be a good loan for us and play him at centre half again.

Why play him at RB? Surely Brizzle must have had an input into his position whilst on loan.

Cannavan all day long

Green as Grass

♣️ North Devon Greens
✅ Evergreen
Jan 5, 2012
Barnstaple
rsp4":1gf82y2a said:
JannerinCardiff":1gf82y2a said:
LeonTheGreen":1gf82y2a said:
Remi Matthews has resigned for Bolton on a permanent deal.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/46926299

I’m totally gutted. I think we’ll look back on this one day and think we could have had him.

We would never have been able to afford him mate. I think it will be Letheren and Macey til the end of the season. Happy with Letheren to be fair but not so Macey. Need to sign someone in the summer mind ready for 3rd division football (yep I'm a little more positive after staying away for a few days :) )
I am surprised that Bolton can afford him bearing in mind the financial problems that they are reported to have been having over the last year or so. I am even more surprised that Remi has chosen to go back there having witnessed the issues they are experiencing first hand. Even more so since he would not appear to be the first choice keeper. He was on the bench last night in the match v West Brom. Not a great career move in my opinion.

Aug 17, 2018
Green as Grass":cvov7u5z said:
rsp4":cvov7u5z said:
JannerinCardiff":cvov7u5z said:
LeonTheGreen":cvov7u5z said:
Remi Matthews has resigned for Bolton on a permanent deal.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/46926299

I’m totally gutted. I think we’ll look back on this one day and think we could have had him.

We would never have been able to afford him mate. I think it will be Letheren and Macey til the end of the season. Happy with Letheren to be fair but not so Macey. Need to sign someone in the summer mind ready for 3rd division football (yep I'm a little more positive after staying away for a few days :) )
I am surprised that Bolton can afford him bearing in mind the financial problems that they are reported to have been having over the last year or so. I am even more surprised that Remi has chosen to go back there having witnessed the issues they are experiencing first hand. Even more so since he would not appear to be the first choice keeper. He was on the bench last night in the match v West Brom. Not a great career move in my opinion.

Ben Alwick is 32 now, I suspect that Bolton have told Remi he will be their future no.1 - so waiting a few seasons may not have fazed him too much (he is only 24). Besides he may get his chance soon if Bolton carry on as they are.

Stuart House

🍌 Bomber Harris.
Jan 8, 2006
Bristol
All very quiet still....

Let's hope the great last three games has not lulled anyone in to a sense that we don't need defensive reinforcements to give us the best shot at staying up.

Oh and 9 days to go etc etc blah blah blah ...

Oct 20, 2015
earl grey":g09xwims said:
rsp4":g09xwims said:
pastiesforlife":g09xwims said:
pastiesforlife":g09xwims said:

Cannavan all day long

Vyner not a bad shout. Whatever you think of Canavan (and I think Vyner is a superior CB) it's good cover in case of injuries. He had a good time with us, fans like him, and we are unlikely to play him out of position (even if DA tends to send us curveballs from time to time).

In addition he's closer to (presumably) his home in Brizzle. I would hope that DA at least puts in a call to Lee Johnson.

JannerinCardiff

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
♣️ SWAG Member
Jul 16, 2018
Cardiff
Vyner would offer something completely different as a CB, we should definitely try to get him back if it’s possible.

davie nine

R.I.P
Jan 23, 2015
Plympton
Why is there this obsession with former loanees?
There are many more options than Remi Matthews, who has now returned to Bolton, and Zak Vyner, who is still with Rotherham.
We’ve got Oscar back so perhaps you will you be suggesting Sonny Bradley next?
Time to move on to other options.

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
Vyner actually took time out of his weekend (presumably) to watch Argyle play at Bristol Rovers, so I assume he'd be happy to come back.

It might have been a better option for him if we were higher up the league though, stating the bleeding obvious...

JannerinCardiff

♣️ SWAG Member
Jul 16, 2018
Cardiff
davie nine":rj3xc1mc said:
There are many more options than Remi Matthews, who has now returned to Bolton, and Zak Vyner, who is still with Rotherham.

I merely think Vyner would improve our squad, and I think he’s in reach in terms of finances and being potentially available. I think we would be a good fit for both parties.

JannerinCardiff

♣️ SWAG Member
Jul 16, 2018
Cardiff
Biggs":2rmboioh said:
Vyner actually took time out of his weekend (presumably) to watch Argyle play at Bristol Rovers, so I assume he'd be happy to come back.

It might have been a better option for him if we were higher up the league though, stating the bleeding obvious...

Maybe he’d just like to play CB..?

Emu

Oct 3, 2003
Sarf London
davie nine":2xfedhxf said:

If they were good loanees, why not!

Feb 23, 2008
Emu":3e3bpcb7 said:
davie nine":3e3bpcb7 said:

If they were good loanees, why not!

Yes please to the Bradley option.

Canavan and Edwards look like they're starting to gel a bit though.