January Transfer Rumours & L1 signings | Page 4 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

January Transfer Rumours & L1 signings

Apr 29, 2016
Quintrell_Green":2i4clxn5 said:
After reading the Herald's editorial stating that DA has less funds to work with as compared to a lot of other League managers, it is difficult to understand quite why, given the fact that Argyle's attendances tend to be greater than most other League teams and other clubs manage to fund larger squads, like Oxford yesterday. In saying all this, I am ignoring the Grandstand renovation, which is Chairman funded, and other teams possibly have owners with 'deeper pockets'. However even this fortunate ownership position surely must run up against the fair play ruling of wage bill versus turnover unless there is a fiddle going on. Food for thought?

The grandstand is not Chairman funded as far as I understand. The Chairman is loaning Argyle the monies and this loan is being repaid by the club. It is not a
gift.

Nov 28, 2005
PLYMOUTH
PL2 3DQ":1dcf0oxg said:
argobenz":1dcf0oxg said:
Ladapo to Bristol City for the loan of a free scoring forward who is currently playing for Cheltenham plus cash.

Who is the player currently playing for Cheltenham? There's a Baldwin who is a defender.

No name mentioned, just overheard it.

Also heard there will be a lot of movement, whatever that means?!?!

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
argobenz":2mvib48i said:
PL2 3DQ":2mvib48i said:
argobenz":2mvib48i said:
Ladapo to Bristol City for the loan of a free scoring forward who is currently playing for Cheltenham plus cash.

Who is the player currently playing for Cheltenham? There's a Baldwin who is a defender.

No name mentioned, just overheard it.

Also heard there will be a lot of movement, whatever that means?!?!

Bristol City have no free scoring forward at Cheltenham, Mo Eisa did play for them last season, there's a thread below about him, so could be Eisa.

Tugboat

Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 24, 2007
I understand the struggles each transfer window with regards to budgets but boy am I bored of managers telling us each window.

Just shut up and go about your business Argyle. We don’t need to drivel to excuses before even doing business. Just tell us we’ll try our best and take it from there.

Argyle Nutter

Golf Liaison Officer ⛳️
🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
Brickfields Donor
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Jan 16, 2006
On the sunny side of the street
Quintrell_Green":qemw8ya9 said:
After reading the Herald's editorial stating that DA has less funds to work with as compared to a lot of other League managers, it is difficult to understand quite why, given the fact that Argyle's attendances tend to be greater than most other League teams and other clubs manage to fund larger squads, like Oxford yesterday. In saying all this, I am ignoring the Grandstand renovation, which is Chairman funded, and other teams possibly have owners with 'deeper pockets'. However even this fortunate ownership position surely must run up against the fair play ruling of wage bill versus turnover unless there is a fiddle going on. Food for thought?
Think Mr Adams constantly bemoans the budget to try and deflect the criticism he’s been getting. Firstly it has been well documented that he was happy with the budget he was given at the start of the season Yet I’ve been told that despite all the gripping about the budget he has not asked for any more money despite being told that the board are willing to look at releasing additional funds if he sees a player he would like.

Sep 28, 2003
London
Ladapo leaving but us getting a quality defender back would strike me as a good bit of business, assuming Taylor's ankles are up to playing the rest of the season.

Jan 4, 2005
NEWQUAY
Andy Holland":35phn0ym said:
Ladapo leaving but us getting a quality defender back would strike me as a good bit of business, assuming Taylor's ankles are up to playing the rest of the season.

Would you be happy with Messrs Dyson and Fletcher on the subs bench, should Taylor get crocked again?

Oct 18, 2010
St Judes
Quintrell_Green":30tehu4w said:
Andy Holland":30tehu4w said:

Would you be happy with Messrs Dyson and Fletcher on the subs bench, should Taylor get crocked again?
We haven't seen Dyson so we don't know and Fletcher looks fine imo.

Dec 19, 2009
Quintrell_Green":1hb9udni said:
Andy Holland":1hb9udni said:

Exactly this. Who knows what Dyson is capable of and we already know Fletcher is no substitute for either Ladapo or Taylor. Ideally we won't lose anyone other than the obvious surplus candidates like Wylde, Ainsworth, Wootton, etc.

Sep 28, 2003
London
Quintrell_Green":3uk0hzfb said:
Andy Holland":3uk0hzfb said:

I'd assume in that instance we'd also pick up a striker, or give Dyson a go.

Ladapo out, Taylor in and a quality centre back in is a net gain, for me at least.

Ottawa Green

Site Admin
Staff member
🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦
Cream First
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 18, 2003
Ottawa, Canada
Dyson can score but he is unknown at league level, but he is the 2nd leading scorer in the SWPL.

Alex Battle Plymouth Argyle 21
Callum Dyson Plymouth Argyle 18

May 8, 2011
Ottawa Green":2j7xi4y2 said:
Dyson can score but he is unknown at league level, but he is the 2nd leading scorer in the SWPL.

Alex Battle Plymouth Argyle 21
Callum Dyson Plymouth Argyle 18

Dyson scored 4 goals in 16 appearances for Grimsby in League 2, so not a bad ratio,
he was voted their young player of the season.