January Transfer Rumours & L1 signings | Page 5 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

January Transfer Rumours & L1 signings

Mar 7, 2005
Redruth
I’m sorry but from what I have seen Mr Dyson isn’t up to scratch,Will be very surprised to still see him at the club in February,Alex Fletcher still has the makings of a tidy forward.

JannerinCardiff

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
♣️ SWAG Member
Jul 16, 2018
Cardiff
I recall they did the same to us with Nick Chadwick.

Feb 23, 2008
Andy Holland":131tggbq said:
Quintrell_Green":131tggbq said:
Andy Holland":131tggbq said:
Ladapo leaving but us getting a quality defender back would strike me as a good bit of business, assuming Taylor's ankles are up to playing the rest of the season.

Would you be happy with Messrs Dyson and Fletcher on the subs bench, should Taylor get crocked again?

I'd assume in that instance we'd also pick up a striker, or give Dyson a go.

Ladapo out, Taylor in and a quality centre back in is a net gain, for me at least.

If it wasn't for Ladapo's goals we'd be far worse off than we are now. Short memories if you'd rather go back to last season's set up of having nobody to challenge Taylor for what is, let's face it, only ever going to be a single striker spot in the line-up.

Taylor is class and keeps the ball further upfield than Freddie does but I'm not sure we need to back to a situation where he's the only recognised senior striker that can play the role?

Fletcher looks a good prospect and I enjoy watching him play but he isn't suited to a lone striker role, so you'd be left with an unproven Dyson as back up.

We need to be thinking about strengthening the defence and midfield and possibly give Macey some bench time, not about weakening a half decent strike force now we have one.

Mar 16, 2009
London
Andy Holland":1r91tvjn said:
Quintrell_Green":1r91tvjn said:
Andy Holland":1r91tvjn said:
Ladapo leaving but us getting a quality defender back would strike me as a good bit of business, assuming Taylor's ankles are up to playing the rest of the season.

Would you be happy with Messrs Dyson and Fletcher on the subs bench, should Taylor get crocked again?

Ladapo out, Taylor in and a quality centre back in is a net gain, for me at least.

Brilliant.

So just as the forward line is sorted and looking more threatening than any forward line we’ve had since maybe the Holloway era, you want to discard the pivot and give Dyson, who is barely SWPL standard, a go.

Genius.

Nov 30, 2010
Plympton
Andy Holland":2ys7hjgu said:

We couldn't possibly risk that. We have no back up and look what happened to us last year when he was out at the start and the end of the season. Dyson and Fletcher are not adequate backup and have hardly even made the bench this year.
We might sure up the defence a bit but then we wouldn't be able to score so at best hoping for a 0 - 0 draw.

Any deal involving Ladapo would have to be decent money to allow us to buy another striker or a deal with a defender and a decent loan striker.

Personally selling Ladapo in our position would be the last resort if we could not get any decent defenders in any other way

May 1, 2011
Argyle Nutter":3kk1ane3 said:
Quintrell_Green":3kk1ane3 said:
After reading the Herald's editorial stating that DA has less funds to work with as compared to a lot of other League managers, it is difficult to understand quite why, given the fact that Argyle's attendances tend to be greater than most other League teams and other clubs manage to fund larger squads, like Oxford yesterday. In saying all this, I am ignoring the Grandstand renovation, which is Chairman funded, and other teams possibly have owners with 'deeper pockets'. However even this fortunate ownership position surely must run up against the fair play ruling of wage bill versus turnover unless there is a fiddle going on. Food for thought?
Think Mr Adams constantly bemoans the budget to try and deflect the criticism he’s been getting. Firstly it has been well documented that he was happy with the budget he was given at the start of the season Yet I’ve been told that despite all the gripping about the budget he has not asked for any more money despite being told that the board are willing to look at releasing additional funds if he sees a player he would like.

Exactly, Hallett stated Adams doesn't have a lower league budget. So one of them of my being wholly truthful.

May 1, 2011
Justin":3bb0z1fh said:
Andy Holland":3bb0z1fh said:
Quintrell_Green":3bb0z1fh said:
Andy Holland":3bb0z1fh said:

Brilliant.

So just as the forward line is sorted and looking more threatening than any forward line we’ve had since maybe the Holloway era, you want to discard the pivot and give Dyson, who is barely SWPL standard, a go.

Genius.

Justin you are missing the fact that the main reason Lapado may leave is because he would want too. Any pro who has scored 12 goals at Christmas for a team 1 off the bottom would want to move onto well paid better things.

Sep 6, 2006
Bristol Rich":2xyxk5ll said:
Justin":2xyxk5ll said:
Andy Holland":2xyxk5ll said:
Quintrell_Green":2xyxk5ll said:
Andy Holland":2xyxk5ll said:

Brilliant.

Genius.

Justin you are missing the fact that the main reason Lapado may leave is because he would want too. Any pro who has scored 12 goals at Christmas for a team 1 off the bottom would want to move onto well paid better things.

Doesnt matter. Unless somebody comes in with silly money we keep him. I am not as convinced as Justin about Ladapo but if we want to get out of our current predicament we have to keep all the regulars.

May 1, 2011
Balham_Green":wb5mq1y1 said:
Bristol Rich":wb5mq1y1 said:
Justin":wb5mq1y1 said:
Andy Holland":wb5mq1y1 said:
Quintrell_Green":wb5mq1y1 said:
Andy Holland":wb5mq1y1 said:

Brilliant.

Genius.

Doesnt matter. Unless somebody comes in with silly money we keep him. I am not as convinced as Justin about Ladapo but if we want to get out of our current predicament we have to keep all the regulars.

As long as he stays and actually wants to play for us.

Argyle Nutter

Golf Liaison Officer ⛳️
🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
Brickfields Donor
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Jan 16, 2006
On the sunny side of the street
Perhaps Marcel Siep is coming back as he was atyesterdays game with his father in law.

Keepitgreen

🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
♣️ PACSA Member
♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
May 12, 2008
Plymouth
Argyle Nutter":1xcegv6p said:
Quintrell_Green":1xcegv6p said:
After reading the Herald's editorial stating that DA has less funds to work with as compared to a lot of other League managers, it is difficult to understand quite why, given the fact that Argyle's attendances tend to be greater than most other League teams and other clubs manage to fund larger squads, like Oxford yesterday. In saying all this, I am ignoring the Grandstand renovation, which is Chairman funded, and other teams possibly have owners with 'deeper pockets'. However even this fortunate ownership position surely must run up against the fair play ruling of wage bill versus turnover unless there is a fiddle going on. Food for thought?
Think Mr Adams constantly bemoans the budget to try and deflect the criticism he’s been getting. Firstly it has been well documented that he was happy with the budget he was given at the start of the season Yet I’ve been told that despite all the gripping about the budget he has not asked for any more money despite being told that the board are willing to look at releasing additional funds if he sees a player he would like.
He asked for an increase this season from last season and got it. I think his words have been that he accepts the budget situation, not that he's happy with it. He accepts that what he's getting is what the club can afford. I'm sure he'll have gone into this window knowing what extra £££ is available. Plus of course any wages that he can claw back by off loading players.

Oct 16, 2016
Why o why sell Ladapo? It’s ludicrous, it’s giving the board a crazy excuse to not release funds, the funds have to be there because the club isn’t footing the bill for that bloody Grandstand

So long as it’s not putting the club at risk money should come from club and owners for players, within the working budget NOT selling its assets