January transfer window - what do we need/who will leave? | Page 3 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

January transfer window - what do we need/who will leave?

Tugboat

Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 24, 2007
I think either Wootton or Canavan will go out on loan and Telford will move on.

Abrahams loan to be ended.

Byron Moore may also be a surprise move.

Jul 27, 2011
St Austell
Out:

- Wootton
- Canavan
- Telford (perhaps loaned)
- Abrahams
- Ruddy
- Formah (I’m very much on the fence)

In

- Commanding CB
- CDM (especially if McLeod is still injured)
- A versatile wing back.

Balham Green suggesting he offload Hardie and Cooper is completely asinine.

Feb 8, 2005
How are we going to move on Wooton and Canavan if nobody else wants them?

Paying up their contract will be expensive and unproductive.

Sep 6, 2006
Fergy":sy2dk8p5 said:
Out:

- Wootton
- Canavan
- Abrahams
- Ruddy

In

- Commanding CB
- A versatile wing back.

If it's so 'asinine' (showing off there aren't you?) tell us what they have done this season so far?

Jul 12, 2016
You are writing off two players who are capable of winning games for us.I am confident Hardie will get back to scoring soon as he has undoubted ability. Cooper has signed a longer term contract so isn't going anywhere soon. Before you counter with my opinion on Mayor He has played most games since he arrived whereas Hardie and Cooper have not had the same opportunities.

Sep 6, 2006
oldage":2ppqgoah said:
You are writing off two players who are capable of winning games for us.I am confident Hardie will get back to scoring soon as he has undoubted ability. Cooper has signed a longer term contract so isn't going anywhere soon. Before you counter with my opinion on Mayor He has played most games since he arrived whereas Hardie and Cooper have not had the same opportunities.

Lets hope you are right. There are reasons why they have not had the same opportunities. In any event I dont see where Cooper can fit in the team now. Grant is the best option LWB. Cooper just is not a defender. And Mayor will hold down the more attacking role.

Jul 27, 2011
St Austell
Balham_Green":b4dtgb6v said:
Fergy":b4dtgb6v said:
Out:

- Wootton
- Canavan
- Abrahams
- Ruddy

In

- Commanding CB
- A versatile wing back.

If it's so 'asinine' (showing off there aren't you?) tell us what they have done this season so far?

I agree with you that neither have hit the ground running this season and can see why Blackpool and Peterborough were prepared to forego their services. I still believe, however, Hardie and Jephcott is our most effective front two (I like Nouble as a player too just don’t think the chemistry with the others is evident). Cooper is clearly a mecurial talent and a luxury player but do you really think we’d be looking to offload him after paying a potentially significant transfer fee less than 6 months ago? Plus, I’d like to see him given a change in the free-roam CAM/LAM role before completing writing him off.

cheshiregreen

✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
Feb 17, 2004
cheshire
Whatever happens next month, suggest our recruitment record needs to improve on the last window.

Players permanently signed
McCormick - injured and just one start in Papa John's

Ruddy - recruited to cover McCormick injury. Thankfully not needed in League games.

G Cooper - in and out side, influence on games and assists much less than in League 2 so far.

MacLeod - started well then injured for long spell. Jury out.

Nouble - enigmatic. Had some influential cameos other times hardly involved.

Reeves - not many starts. Career indicates he has some pedigree but apart from the volley v Lincoln has had little influence.

Camara - highest level he has played at. Drive and energy, but not yet the finished article. Suffered ignominy of substituted in less than 15 mins at Fleetwood.

Loans
Hardie - see G Cooper entry. Created chances for Jephcott but only hit net once himself in League.

Opoku - Generally OK but learning his trade would benefit from an experienced and organising defender next to him.

Watts - played most minutes of our outfield players. Started tentatively then had really strong sell. Last couple games looked like he too needed more experience around him.

Fornah - steady in CDM role. Tidy on ball, but, another learning trade in what is an out of form team.

Abraham - hardly made match day squad let alone team. Will be heading back to Craven Cottage soon.

Of the above guess you could make cases for Watts, Fornah, Opoku and Camara being positive additions although last three could easily fall into jury out category. Only one permanent signing in the group.

Jury out - time to come good and prove worth - Cooper, Nouble, Macleod Hardie Mccormick.

Disappointment/poor use of budget Abraham Ruddy and Reeves..

Jul 12, 2016
cheshiregreen":1mrlhp8s said:
Whatever happens next month, suggest our recruitment record needs to improve on the last window.

Players permanently signed
McCormick - injured and just one start in Papa John's

Ruddy - recruited to cover McCormick injury. Thankfully not needed in League games.

G Cooper - in and out side, influence on games and assists much less than in League 2 so far.

MacLeod - started well then injured for long spell. Jury out.

Nouble - enigmatic. Had some influential cameos other times hardly involved.

Reeves - not many starts. Career indicates he has some pedigree but apart from the volley v Lincoln has had little influence.

Camara - highest level he has played at. Drive and energy, but not yet the finished article. Suffered ignominy of substituted in less than 15 mins at Fleetwood.

Loans
Hardie - see G Cooper entry. Created chances for Jephcott but only hit net once himself in League.

Opoku - Generally OK but learning his trade would benefit from an experienced and organising defender next to him.

Watts - played most minutes of our outfield players. Started tentatively then had really strong sell. Last couple games looked like he too needed more experience around him.

Fornah - steady in CDM role. Tidy on ball, but, another learning trade in what is an out of form team.

Abraham - hardly made match day squad let alone team. Will be heading back to Craven Cottage soon.

Of the above guess you could make cases for Watts, Fornah, Opoku and Camara being positive additions although last three could easily fall into jury out category. Only one permanent signing in the group.

Jury out - time to come good and prove worth - Cooper, Nouble, Macleod Hardie Mccormick.

Disappointment/poor use of budget Abraham Ruddy and Reeves..
Or to sum up. RL has no idea of the standard of player required for league 1.

davie nine

R.I.P
Jan 23, 2015
Plympton
A test of any manager’s long term future is how he responds to a series of setbacks.
The next few months are a massive test for RL and I hope that he manages to turn things around.

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
Nothing has changed, we still need a centre-back!

Mar 14, 2009
davie nine":321s8ydk said:
A test of any manager’s long term future is how he responds to a series of setbacks.
The next few months are a massive test for RL and I hope that he manages to turn things around.

I hope so too. The one positive to cling into is that last January window he found players who made us better.

Hopefully after watching us in league one now for a few months he realises where to improve the team.

Ottawa Green

Site Admin
Staff member
🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Cream First
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 18, 2003
Ottawa, Canada
Who will be gone, i think the following

Abraham (already gone)
Ruddy
Opoku
Telford
Reeves

I also think that Sawyer and McCormick should retire.

Jul 19, 2006
Yorkshire
Ottawa Green":12it0pmd said:
Who will be gone, i think the following

Abraham (already gone)
Ruddy
Opoku
Telford
Reeves

I also think that Sawyer and McCormick should retire.
Would you retire at this uncertain time when the club have given you 12 months contract
Cant see Reeves leaving or Telford if I'm honest either.i think our team building will depend if someone comes in for Jephcott tbh