Jarvis Cleal - where are you? | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Jarvis Cleal - where are you?

Aug 22, 2020
Played for parkway yesterday according to my mate who plays for torpoint he also mentioned he has a wand of a left foot

Mark Pedlar

Administrator
Staff member
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Jul 28, 2010
Jakepafc":1hjnp0fl said:
Played for parkway yesterday according to my mate who plays for torpoint he also mentioned he has a wand of a left foot

Parkway website match report talks about a trialist. No pictures or such like. Lost 3-2 to Willand.

McQ

May 10, 2005
Plymouth
Mark Pedlar":biddpxed said:
Jakepafc":biddpxed said:

Parkway website match report talks about a trialist. No pictures or such like. Lost 3-2 to Willand.

No idea if this is true or not, but if I recall, everything I have read about Cleal indicates he is right sided, and he is not from the area but came down to be attached to a pro club. If he were on trial it would likely be a youth loan(still odd as he hasn't been training with the first team, he is a pro!) but if some thing more permanent then wouldnt he be looking at clubs nearer his original home?

No idea but the strangeness persists. I suspect it is something personal and the club are keeping quiet until it is resolved one way or another but either way he is missing valuable fitness training. If he does resurface he will be at a disadvantage.

Mark Pedlar

Administrator
Staff member
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Jul 28, 2010
McQ":149qllud said:
Mark Pedlar":149qllud said:
Jakepafc":149qllud said:

No idea if this is true or not, but if I recall, everything I have read about Cleal indicates he is right sided, and he is not from the area but came down to be attached to a pro club. If he were on trial it would likely be a youth loan(still odd as he hasn't been training with the first team, he is a pro!) but if some thing more permanent then wouldnt he be looking at clubs nearer his original home?

No idea but the strangeness persists. I suspect it is something personal and the club are keeping quiet until it is resolved one way or another but either way he is missing valuable fitness training. If he does resurface he will be at a disadvantage.

Youngsters loaned to non-league outfits will often train and play some reserve football with their parent club as the level of sustained training at a local club wobt be sufficient

AdelaideGreen

🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺
Jan 11, 2017
Didn't see the game myself but A Trialist played for Parkway vs Torpoint and scored twice in a friendly.

Could this be Jarvis?

To confuse matters slightly Parkway brought on a second A Trialist for the last 15 minutes or so and with both on the field the Parkway twitter feed was a tad confusing but the match report sorted this out.

Aug 21, 2008
Plymouth
The player who scored 2 for parkway was Rubin Wilson, who is on loan from Argyle.

The trialist who scored the other goal is a player recently released by Southampton.

The other sub was Isaac Burdon, recently released by Argyle.

Jan 2, 2006
On Aug 17 someone asked Chris Errington on twitter if he could ask Ryan Lowe what the situation with Jarvis Cleal was. He replied “ok I will ask”.

But nothing was ever mentioned about him again so he either forgot to ask or possibly or has been asked by the club not to print anything

McQ

May 10, 2005
Plymouth
Just when it looked like they were marking time before putting out a '...has left the club we would like to wish...etc etc' perhaps with an explanation, he reappears in the squad list. That doesn't make it any less strange (probably more!)

May 8, 2011
From his picture on the list of first team players it would seem he hasn’t returned after the closed season.