JB/PCC | Page 4 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

JB/PCC

Aug 7, 2013
I just dont know what to believe anymore! All i can go on is facts! JB saved our club FACT JB is our chairman FACT JS is doing a good job FACT and JB is trying to secure a financially sustainable future for Argyle via HHP FACT.

R

RWW

JB has not invested a single penny of his own money into the club - FACT

Tugboat

Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 24, 2007
RWW":10e4f6s9 said:
JB has not invested a single penny of his own money into the club - FACT

That's the worrying part for me.

He's asking a lot of people to commit to the plans but no one is willing to front up cash out of there own pocket.

What's so wrong?

R

RWW

He is a very clever business man and if it all goes wrong he won't be out of pocket.

Somehow he persuaded people to dig deep in their own pockets to help out during administration (auctions, bucket collections etc) and he hasn't given a penny of his own money to Argyle. (Well, he did buy it for £1........... and now wants £2.5 million for it minus the HHP land - not a bad return!!!!)

His plans for a grandstand will simply ensure he (not Argyle) makes a small fortune off the surrounding land while Argyle are hamstrung by a 17000 ground.

He talks a good game but only delivers with other's money. None of his projects will go forward until someone pays for it.

I am astonished that he doesn't get a harder time from people on here and the media. Maybe it is just me....

nikkk

✨Pasoti Donor✨
Feb 8, 2011
RWW":mnp5axd5 said:
No. Buying party is a relative of mine. Not interested at that price but lifelong fan.

Won't post again as don't want to be centre of attention.

Changed your mind I see ! :facepalm:

R

RWW

I know.

More importantly, you have put thousands, if not tens of thousands into this club and he has put nothing in yet he owns it.....

Don't you expect more from him?

Promise not to post again

nikkk

✨Pasoti Donor✨
Feb 8, 2011
RWW":qqlbnsva said:
I know.

More importantly, you have put thousands, if not tens of thousands into this club and he has put nothing in yet he owns it.....

Don't you expect more from him?

Promise not to post again

What you quote as "fact" is simply way off. It's not for me to quote figures, but I think it's safe to say my pennies spent on sponsorship etc. come nowhere remotely near JB's substantial investment and support of the club. And as a fan I for one am very grateful for that. You claim to have some knowledge, but in fact are woefully wide of the mark.

Jun 23, 2011
Plymouth
The people who have really put subatantial investment into argyle are the council, by buying the ground back and supplying loans. The current board has supplied minimal investment and thier continued presence holds the club back.

Still, his supporters on here will do thier best to stifle any dissent ob his reign so far.

R

RWW

Nikkk

I don't count lending the club money at favourable rates (favourable to Mr Brent) as an acceptable form of investment.

Surely you expect a better level of financial commitment from the owner of Argyle?

Anyone can take out loans.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
Womble":2ssiv91u said:
The people who have really put subatantial investment into argyle are the council, by buying the ground back and supplying loans. The current board has supplied minimal investment and thier continued presence holds the club back.

Still, his supporters on here will do thier best to stifle any dissent ob his reign so far.

Why is it we 'stifle' and you Freedom Fighters only seek 'Truth and Justice'.

JB has loaned way more than PCC, so how do you answer that one?

PCC admirably bought the ground back, I was there on that eventful day, and they deserve our continuing praise for that, but again, a deal that is very good for the rate payers of PCC.

I share the regret that JB hasn't got millions to invest in our club by the way, but he never said he would or had, so why the angst now? HHP has been thwarted, partly by the cessation of the recession (building prices etc) and partly by the fact that council have offered a private company a far more attractive position than Central Park.

As for 'their continued presence' - That seems to be the cry of people who never got that involved during admin. What I say is, get from behind your keyboards, stop your moaning and find another owner that will give us what we want.

Dead easy eh?

Aug 17, 2011
Kings Tamerton
IJN":3hqgr62k said:
Womble":3hqgr62k said:

Why is it we 'stifle' and you Freedom Fighters only seek 'Truth and Justice'.

JB has loaned way more than PCC, so how do you answer that one?

PCC admirably bought the ground back, I was there on that eventful day, and they deserve our continuing praise for that, but again, a deal that is very good for the rate payers of PCC.

I share the regret that JB hasn't got millions to invest in our club by the way, but he never said he would or had, so why the angst now? HHP has been thwarted, partly by the cessation of the recession (building prices etc) and partly by the fact that council have offered a private company a far more attractive position than Central Park.

As for 'their continued presence' - That seems to be the cry of people who never got that involved during admin. What I say is, get from behind your keyboards, stop your moaning and find another owner that will give us what we want.

Dead easy eh?

Just out of interest Ian, is there any truth (as far as you know of course ) that an offer has been made and a counter offer been rejected? And might it also be true that if JB was ever to accept an offer for PAFC that it wouldn't include HHP and so box us in worse than if we were an inner city club?

Adam

Pasoti Designer
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Apr 5, 2010
As incredible as this thread is, I find it unlikely that Brent will sell the club at the moment. Maybe in the future but not right now.

I get the feeling that he is 'in the middle of something' with the club, halfway through a process if you will.

As a businessman James will know that selling the club WITH a Grandstand will provide him with the opportunity to ask for more money, and he has obviously been successful enough in the past to get to this point. He is not stupid, he wouldn't get this far with the Club and then walk away.

Aug 17, 2011
Kings Tamerton
Adam Dyer":1he037jj said:
As incredible as this thread is, I find it unlikely that Brent will sell the club at the moment. Maybe in the future but not right now.

I get the feeling that he is 'in the middle of something' with the club, halfway through a process if you will.

As a businessman James will know that selling the club WITH a Grandstand will provide him with the opportunity to ask for more money, and he has obviously been successful enough in the past to get to this point. He is not stupid, he wouldn't get this far with the Club and then walk away.

Yet we sit here with the grandstand plans in ruins and rumours of an irretrievable break down of relations between club and city. What if this break down means JB can't see through his plans (for HHP) and wishes to cut his loses?

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
Who says it's 'irretrievable' Ade?

It suits no one for this to be the case.

There's been a falling it, I don't think anyone would deny that but businessmen in particular have to be pragmatic.

Also, think about it, what good would it do the PCC to have no tenant at Home Park.

Just like when we lose two games, there are knee jerkers, sensible people take a longer and more sensible approach.