Jephcott's form | Page 6 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Jephcott's form

Sep 6, 2006
Steve Evans":1se2om3l said:
Balham_Green":1se2om3l said:
Cobi Budge":1se2om3l said:
If we were offered a couple of million in the Summer for Jephcott, I'd bite that clubs hand off and use that money to invest in the wider team.

Which we won't. I was questioned o here when I said he wouldn't get 25 goals this season a few weeks back.
the season isn't over.i want a minimum of £10 million.

:facepalm:

Cobi Budge

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Apr 8, 2011
Plymouth
He's a great one touch finisher, he's bang average at everything else. There's not much more to it than that. He's still an asset, but perhaps not as big of an asset as previously thought at this moment in time.

Jul 3, 2013
I would take 250k for him any day if the week, don't get me wrong to score as many goals as he has does require more than just luck but I just think he really is not that good. I see him as a good player for Torquay or Yeovil in a couple years time and back up if he stays here.

Feb 15, 2005
He’s a young lad in his first full season and he’s scored us a hatful of goals without which we would be much lower in this division. All strikers have barren spells like he is having. Sheffield Utd spent £23 million on Rhian Brewster who I think is yet to score for them and he has only scored 10 goals in his senior career in the championship.

Jul 12, 2016
buck197":z2o04lbf said:
He’s a young lad in his first full season and he’s scored us a hatful of goals without which we would be much lower in this division. All strikers have barren spells like he is having. Sheffield Utd spent £23 million on Rhian Brewster who I think is yet to score for them and he has only scored 10 goals in his senior career in the championship.
There are some bizarre comments from regular posters regarding our top scorer.Bang average players do not play for their country and bear in mind the lad was only playing for Truro just over 12 months ago.Even the top strikers go through spells where their form drops. Give him a break ,he is one of our own.

davie nine

R.I.P
Jan 23, 2015
Plympton
oldage":2qhy2fxu said:
buck197":2qhy2fxu said:
There are some bizarre comments from regular posters regarding our top scorer.Bang average players do not play for their country and bear in mind the lad was only playing for Truro just over 12 months ago.Even the top strikers go through spells where their form drops. Give him a break ,he is one of our own.
It’s good that you are being so positive about ‘one of our own’, Oldage. He will come again but, currently, he is struggling.
A goal line tap in might help.

Forest of Dean Green

✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Mar 5, 2009
Gloucestershire
I think he’s on a longish contract, so no need to rush. He came in with a bang and is ending the season on a whimper but we can all see what’s good and what needs working on. He’s a killer in the box when on form, but needs to work on holding up the ball, making a wider contribution and, it seems to me, getting fitter. He looks heavy legged for a young lad but that will come. We will know, more or less, what his real potential is middle of next season I reckon. I can’t see a buy over the summer, not for some of the silly money being bandied around when he was banging them in, even with silly comments by the manager that were unnecessary in putting pressure on.

But let’s sit back from it all. We’d be in a bloody dogfight without his goals and any young player, at any level, who gets close to 20 a season does not do a because they are streaky. Give him a break.

Mar 14, 2009
The guy needs good service. When Argyle are booting up pitch Hardie and Ennis can use their pace to get involved.

Jephcott isn’t like this. He needs decent balls into the box. That’s when he comes alive.

However, he need work on his game outside of the box and how to get involved more with Argyle build up play.

He needs to be criticised because his recent performances have been poor. However, we need to remember without his goals earlier in this campaign we would be in a relegation scrap.

He has had a decent season.

Sep 6, 2006
All this 'without his goals' is nonsense. Are we suggesting we would have only played 10 men if Jephcott had not been there? If we had sold him in January.....

Forest of Dean Green

✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Mar 5, 2009
Gloucestershire
Balham_Green":2r52rly1 said:
All this 'without his goals' is nonsense. Are we suggesting we would have only played 10 men if Jephcott had not been there? If we had sold him in January.....

The fact is that he scored those goals. All 18 of them. At his age. In his first season. Your position is as skewed as those who were claiming he’d go for millions. He’s scored a lot of goals and given our next highest scorer is on 8, yes, those goals helped a hell of a lot.
He’s neither the messiah, nor is he rubbish. He’s not worth 3 million, nor is he worth 50 quid. This site could do with a bit more nuance sometimes rather than looking for binary black and white positions.

Jul 6, 2011
Maybe it's more about the midfield than Jephcott and maybe he just doesn't play well with Ennis?

Feb 13, 2021
I’ve said before I’ve never got my head around how many goals he was scoring because in my opinion he just wasn’t that good! Potential yes but helluva lot of work to do.
Someone suggested he’s not getting the service, I’ve seen many balls into the box but he’s not getting on the end of them anymore and when he does if he can’t instinctively and get something on it and instead he has time to think, he messes up. Unfortunately for him he is not like Ennis where he can create a goal for himself.
At the moment!
He can’t beat a beat player
Has no pace
Decision making poor
Looks B like he has lead in his boots!
Something not right but I hope it works out and he gets back to scoring!

JannerinCardiff

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
♣️ SWAG Member
Jul 16, 2018
Cardiff
signalspast":s5lcddhm said:
I alluded to this on the prematch thread that jephcotts lack of goals seems to have coincided with having ennis up front with him instead of hardie

Totally agree with this. Hardie is different to Ennis, he runs channels more and Luke can make clever runs when in the box which he’s really good at.

Tugboat

Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 24, 2007
Confidence.

His purple patch just ‘happened’ and was completely natural. He hit a high and rode it.

Now it’s ended the euphoria has too. He’s probably a little bit low on confidence and not finding his natural positions for possibly overthinking.

I’ve been in a similar position in my work where everything was aligning and could do no wrong. It ended without any change to what I was doing and it can be deflating.

This is turn can knock your confidence and well-being.

He’s young and still largely inexperienced. Hopefully he’s getting the support from the management. We need to do the same.