Jephcott's form | Page 5 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Jephcott's form

Oct 5, 2013
xmastree":pr96qlld said:
I got snapped back at last week for suggesting rotation and different striker combinations, "we wouldn't have dropped Mariner or Rafferty" was the argument.

It's a squad game now though, and our fresh legs yesterday created the momentum to win us the game.

Good call.

Jul 3, 2013
It just goes to show you do not need a 15-20 goal a season forward to score goals, when was the last time we scored 4 as a team without any of the strikers scoring?

JannerinCardiff

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
♣️ SWAG Member
Jul 16, 2018
Cardiff
Stiffler":l58ghr7p said:
It just goes to show you do not need a 15-20 goal a season forward to score goals, when was the last time we scored 4 as a team without any of the strikers scoring?

Saturday against Lincoln was the last time.. :lol:

JannerinCardiff

♣️ SWAG Member
Jul 16, 2018
Cardiff
Imo the Hardie/Ennis partnership was ineffectual against Lincoln. They seems to have no chemistry together. I’d hope we are starting Hardie and Jephcott together against Lincoln after Luke’s little rest.

Jun 27, 2019
I remember posting on here a while back that as a team we score more goals-per-game without Jephcott than we do with. I have no idea if that still stacks up but it's certainly eye-opening that we didn't have any issues scoring on Saturday.

Not that I'm advocating him being dropped. I wanted him to start on Saturday and thought he would.

JannerinCardiff

♣️ SWAG Member
Jul 16, 2018
Cardiff
WoodsyGreen":1cm5apn5 said:
I remember posting on here a while back that as a team we score more goals-per-game without Jephcott than we do with. I have no idea if that still stacks up but it's certainly eye-opening that we didn't have any issues scoring on Saturday.

Not that I'm advocating him being dropped. I wanted him to start on Saturday and thought he would.

To me the Hardie/Jephcott partnership isn’t purely about goals it’s about results. I did some research a while back and worked out that when we’ve started with Hardie and Jephcott we average 1.71 points per game. This is playoff form if played over a whole season equating to a total points of approx 79. They don’t just score (which they do well - in the 17 starts they had they scored 16 goals between them) but they also are our best front line for pressing the opposition which is what works well in Lowes system.

I’m hoping that all 3 strikers are fully fit and not jaded but Jephcott must start for me.

Jul 12, 2016
JannerinCardiff":3fbmmkzg said:
WoodsyGreen":3fbmmkzg said:

To me the Hardie/Jephcott partnership isn’t purely about goals it’s about results. I did some research a while back and worked out that when we’ve started with Hardie and Jephcott we average 1.71 points per game. This is playoff form if played over a whole season equating to a total points of approx 79. They don’t just score (which they do well - in the 17 starts they had they scored 16 goals between them) but they also are our best front line for pressing the opposition which is what works well in Lowes system.

I’m hoping that all 3 strikers are fully fit and not jaded but Jephcott must start for me.
Spot on :thumbup:

Apr 1, 2009
JannerinCardiff":36vnba65 said:
WoodsyGreen":36vnba65 said:

Not arguing with any of your points made, but stats can be used to "prove" anything. For example, when Jephcott/Ennis has been the starting combination, we've taken 7 points from 4 games (1.75/game), and Hardie/Ennis have only started together the once - 3pts per game! Much smaller samples of course, but equally have had less time to build a partnership.

ping g5

🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Dec 20, 2005
RL appears to be reluctant to change a side that hasn't been beaten, as shown by Byron Moore's extended run in the team until the Peterborough game. I expect NE and RH to start again tomorrow.

Sep 6, 2006
xmastree":r0ls70il said:
JannerinCardiff":r0ls70il said:
WoodsyGreen":r0ls70il said:

Not arguing with any of your points made, but stats can be used to "prove" anything. For example, when Jephcott/Ennis has been the starting combination, we've taken 7 points from 4 games (1.75/game), and Hardie/Ennis have only started together the once - 3pts per game! Much smaller samples of course, but equally have had less time to build a partnership.

Exactly. You can't manage a team by stats or we could all do it from our armchairs. During the 6 game losing run Nouble was playing a lot which is why the stats look so good for all the other strikers whoever plays including Ennis. There is no argument to drop him apart from rotation.

Cobi Budge

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Apr 8, 2011
Plymouth
If we were offered a couple of million in the Summer for Jephcott, I'd bite that clubs hand off and use that money to invest in the wider team.

jerryatricjanner

✅ Evergreen
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Apr 22, 2006
Cobi Budge":3qvvtn5p said:
If we were offered a couple of million in the Summer for Jephcott, I'd bite that clubs hand off and use that money to invest in the wider team.
Me too Cobi. It would cover4 or 5 players on 4k a week for 2 years

Sep 6, 2006
Cobi Budge":2s2mqc35 said:

Which we won't. I was questioned o here when I said he wouldn't get 25 goals this season a few weeks back.

Jan 16, 2010
plymouth
Balham_Green":aom0rm4f said:
Cobi Budge":aom0rm4f said:

Which we won't. I was questioned o here when I said he wouldn't get 25 goals this season a few weeks back.
the season isn't over.i want a minimum of £10 million.