Jose Baxter (Has left the club) Nov 14 | Page 8 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Jose Baxter (Has left the club) Nov 14

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
Baxter has deleted his Instagram account.

Jul 14, 2008
This is all very odd. Lowe’s comments suggest the injury isn’t that bad and even if it has been recurring surely it would be worth extending his contract to the end of the season. When he has played he has shown that he is better than league 2 standard. There must be something else happening here.

May 16, 2016
Balham_Green":3g2ovhcd said:
Guiri Green":3g2ovhcd said:
It could be that RL has decided not to keep him post January and as he's injured and probably not going to play before his Short Term Deal is up, it's just best all round that he's released now. No need to be away from home unnecessarily.

He may well have sorted out a Course of Treatment for his injury closer to wherever Home is. There's also a freeing up of Wages depending on the Terms of his Contract and subsequent release that adds a bit to the New Year Budget.

Good luck and best wishes to the Fella.

Why would Lowe not keep him post Jan. ? Makes no sense.

Maybe, the recurring Injury is worse than we believe.
Maybe, the advice recieved is it's not going to get any better.
Maybe, the Player doesn't want to stay anyway.
Maybe, that Personal issues (if any), are best left .....Personal ?

Jan 16, 2010
plymouth
Herts_Green":8o6i3fn6 said:
This is all very odd. Lowe’s comments suggest the injury isn’t that bad and even if it has been recurring surely it would be worth extending his contract to the end of the season. When he has played he has shown that he is better than league 2 standard. There must be something else happening here.
factor in the cost of his wages.too expensive to pay 'til the end of the season.we are a small club and releasing him early makes fiscal sense in my opinion.a very good player when fit but i think he will always have injuries.

Sep 19, 2015
I'm gutted. Genuinely believed that Baxter could have been the difference for us in the second half of the season. Very strange that he has deleted his social media account, suggests to me that there maybe more to this than simply parting ways due to injuries.

Emu

Oct 3, 2003
Sarf London
PlymouthCasual":28w0uelz said:
I'm gutted. Genuinely believed that Baxter could have been the difference for us in the second half of the season. Very strange that he has deleted his social media account, suggests to me that there maybe more to this than simply parting ways due to injuries.

I agree.

Aug 5, 2015
I’m quite surprised that some people read so much into the deletion of a social media account. It’s something that happens somewhere every single day. Maybe Jose is just a very private person who doesn’t want to speak about this least of all to some of the fans on this site who want to see conspiracy around every corner

Sep 2, 2008
Emu":3oz45n7p said:
PlymouthCasual":3oz45n7p said:

I agree.
Ditto. He's not in the squad for weeks prior to the Swindon game, comes back in for a 30 min appearance at Swindon, gets an innocuous challenge which apparently injures his calf (although he was running around fine afterwards), wait a few weeks without really saying anything about Baxter/injury, Lowe comes out with a statement about a 'funny injury' and the next day its announced he's leaving. Seems like a lot of thought has gone into working out how to manage his removal from PAFC. I believe that 'calf injury' and the short term contract are convenient vehicles for him to leave to protect himself and his future and the rest of our season. Something has really gone sour at PL2. Be interesting to see if Danny Mayors game starts improving now Baxter has gone.

Forest of Dean Green

✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Mar 5, 2009
Gloucestershire
Pottypilgrim":28gs17tn said:
Emu":28gs17tn said:
PlymouthCasual":28gs17tn said:

I agree.
Ditto. He's not in the squad for weeks prior to the Swindon game, comes back in for a 30 min appearance at Swindon, gets an innocuous challenge which apparently injures his calf (although he was running around fine afterwards), wait a few weeks without really saying anything about Baxter/injury, Lowe comes out with a statement about a 'funny injury' and the next day its announced he's leaving. Seems like a lot of thought has gone into working out how to manage his removal from PAFC. I believe that 'calf injury' and the short term contract are convenient vehicles for him to leave to protect himself and his future and the rest of our season. Something has really gone sour at PL2. Be interesting to see if Danny Mayors game starts improving now Baxter has gone.

Why has something gone sour? Guy comes in as a gamble on a short-term contract because Lowe knows he has had a track record of injury. Guy gets injured and gamble doesn’t pay off. Club cuts losses and moves on. What’s to see?

It is a shame though because for those 30 mins at Swindon he was mustard.

Sep 2, 2008
Forest of Dean Green":2vcumgzj said:
Pottypilgrim":2vcumgzj said:
Emu":2vcumgzj said:
PlymouthCasual":2vcumgzj said:

I agree.

Why has something gone sour? Guy comes in as a gamble on a short-term contract because Lowe knows he has had a track record of injury. Guy gets injured and gamble doesn’t pay off. Club cuts losses and moves on. What’s to see?

It is a shame though because for those 30 mins at Swindon he was mustard.

...and thats another way of looking at it. Guess we'll have to wait until Ryan writes his book :)

Emu

Oct 3, 2003
Sarf London
Kentishgreen":3o99ya5c said:
I’m quite surprised that some people read so much into the deletion of a social media account. It’s something that happens somewhere every single day. Maybe Jose is just a very private person who doesn’t want to speak about this least of all to some of the fans on this site who want to see conspiracy around every corner

The reality is none of us know if there is something more sinister or not. I guess it will come out in the wash over time.

As an aside, very private people probably shouldn't really open social media accounts. :)

Aug 5, 2015
As an aside it’s possible that all players are required to open an account when they sign on and now he’s not our player he’s cancelled it.

Apr 15, 2004
East Devon
According to these stats he made 34 appearances last season for Oldham - and in his 3 season spell at Sheff United (13/14 to 15/16 seasons) he also played a lot of games - 50, 48 & 28 appearances respectively ..... so the idea he's 'injury prone' just doesn't add up. He did have well documented off-field problems but they appeared to be very much behind him. Wasn't there a photo and article showing him visiting a school or something with Canavan just recently apparently looking happy and relaxed? I'm not one for conspiracy theories but there is something a bit odd about this ...... maybe IJN is right and he has simply been tapped up. Whatever - it's bloody shame.

https://www.transfermarkt.com.mt/jose-b ... eler/82734

Devizes Green

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Feb 8, 2016
Ave_IT":33964z10 said:
According to these stats he made 34 appearances last season for Oldham - and in his 3 season spell at Sheff United (13/14 to 15/16 seasons) he also played a lot of games - 50, 48 & 28 appearances respectively ..... so the idea he's 'injury prone' just doesn't add up. He did have well documented off-field problems but they appeared to be very much behind him. Wasn't there a photo and article showing him visiting a school or something with Canavan just recently apparently looking happy and relaxed? I'm not one for conspiracy theories but there is something a bit odd about this ...... maybe IJN is right and he has simply been tapped up. Whatever - it's bloody shame.

https://www.transfermarkt.com.mt/jose-b ... eler/82734

He visited Manadon couple of weeks ago with Scott Wootton as a community visit and as you say he looked happy and relaxed in the photos and in what he said...all a bit mysterious as many have already said