Jose Baxter (Has left the club) Nov 14 | Page 9 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Jose Baxter (Has left the club) Nov 14

Emu

Oct 3, 2003
Sarf London
Kentishgreen":2ap6h3ir said:
As an aside it’s possible that all players are required to open an account when they sign on and now he’s not our player he’s cancelled it.

As a further aside, I would be very surprised if that was the case.

Sep 2, 2008
Pottypilgrim":3jgupehu said:
Forest of Dean Green":3jgupehu said:
Pottypilgrim":3jgupehu said:
Emu":3jgupehu said:
PlymouthCasual":3jgupehu said:
I'm gutted. Genuinely believed that Baxter could have been the difference for us in the second half of the season. Very strange that he has deleted his social media account, suggests to me that there maybe more to this than simply parting ways due to injuries.

I agree.
Ditto. He's not in the squad for weeks prior to the Swindon game, comes back in for a 30 min appearance at Swindon, gets an innocuous challenge which apparently injures his calf (although he was running around fine afterwards), wait a few weeks without really saying anything about Baxter/injury, Lowe comes out with a statement about a 'funny injury' and the next day its announced he's leaving. Seems like a lot of thought has gone into working out how to manage his removal from PAFC. I believe that 'calf injury' and the short term contract are convenient vehicles for him to leave to protect himself and his future and the rest of our season. Something has really gone sour at PL2. Be interesting to see if Danny Mayors game starts improving now Baxter has gone.

Why has something gone sour? Guy comes in as a gamble on a short-term contract because Lowe knows he has had a track record of injury. Guy gets injured and gamble doesn’t pay off. Club cuts losses and moves on. What’s to see?

It is a shame though because for those 30 mins at Swindon he was mustard.

...and thats another way of looking at it. Guess we'll have to wait until Ryan writes his book :)

...although...an interesting quote from Mr Mayor in the 'erold...'There were a couple of things off the pitch that I wouldn’t say distracted me but made it a bit more difficult....'

Ted

Dec 8, 2003
Nottingham
Given how little he actually played for us, he can't be considered a big loss.

A shame, whatever happened, because in spells he looked very good.

Nobody can say they are surprised though given his record.

Aug 5, 2015
As an aside to the aside to the original aside, nobody really knows. It’s all pure speculation by us all and should be treated as such.

C

Cult Of Personality

Shame because there is a very good player in there. There were moments of class.. Tho i never understood why Lowe played him in the holding role.... But to be honest i dont understand anything Lowe does

Devizes Green

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Feb 8, 2016
Cult Of Personality":3dn8tfy0 said:
Shame because there is a very good player in there. There were moments of class.. Tho i never understood why Lowe played him in the holding role.... But to be honest i dont understand anything Lowe does

Yes I thought he would have better further forward but what do I know ...Lowe would see him every day in training etc

Jul 27, 2011
St Austell
That’s a massive shame. A real game changer.

I will monumentally p*ssed off if he goes to somewhere like Mansfield and flourishes. I just hope we reinvest his wages into signing a decent centre back.

memory man

✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Nov 28, 2011
Romsey
Pottypilgrim":hjeu0j9e said:
Forest of Dean Green":hjeu0j9e said:
Emu":hjeu0j9e said:
PlymouthCasual":hjeu0j9e said:
I'm gutted. Genuinely believed that Baxter could have been the difference for us in the second half of the season. Very strange that he has deleted his social media account, suggests to me that there maybe more to this than simply parting ways due to injuries.

I agree.
Ditto. He's not in the squad for weeks prior to the Swindon game, comes back in for a 30 min appearance at Swindon, gets an innocuous challenge which apparently injures his calf (although he was running around fine afterwards), wait a few weeks without really saying anything about Baxter/injury, Lowe comes out with a statement about a 'funny injury' and the next day its announced he's leaving. Seems like a lot of thought has gone into working out how to manage his removal from PAFC. I believe that 'calf injury' and the short term contract are convenient vehicles for him to leave to protect himself and his future and the rest of our season. Something has really gone sour at PL2. Be interesting to see if Danny Mayors game starts improving now Baxter has gone.

Why has something gone sour? Guy comes in as a gamble on a short-term contract because Lowe knows he has had a track record of injury. Guy gets injured and gamble doesn’t pay off. Club cuts losses and moves on. What’s to see?

It is a shame though because for those 30 mins at Swindon he was mustard.

...and thats another way of looking at it. Guess we'll have to wait until Ryan writes his book :)

...although...an interesting quote from Mr Mayor in the 'erold...'There were a couple of things off the pitch that I wouldn’t say distracted me but made it a bit more difficult....'
Didn't Danny's partner have a baby around the time he signed? Whether the baby was down here or still in Greater Manchester, it would be a potential distraction/difficulty.

justanotherfan

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🍌 Bomber Harris.
🚑 Steve Hooper
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Mar 4, 2012
Plymouth
Kentishgreen":17b4dupa said:
As an aside to the aside to the original aside, nobody really knows. It’s all pure speculation by us all and should be treated as such.

Agreed, it is time to put this aside. :twisted:

Pogleswoody

R.I.P
Jul 3, 2006
Location Location
justanotherfan":2enqrbzm said:
Kentishgreen":2enqrbzm said:

Agreed, it is time to put this aside. :twisted:

I'll add another aside, that makes it 5 asides and gets the thread back to football!! :scarf: