Jose Baxter (Has left the club) Nov 14 | Page 7 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Jose Baxter (Has left the club) Nov 14

May 4, 2012
Sunderland
Steve Evans":1ueogoz2 said:
IJN":1ueogoz2 said:
I reckon he’s been sort of tapped up.

He’s had a bad injury. Missed a great big chunk of his season.

Someone like Wigan or Blackburn have said to him ‘what are you praying around down there for? Get yourself fit and we’ll give you a year long contract’. Maybe I’m wrong though.
i would be surprised if he could get fit enough for that level.the conference or below i think as a part time footballer.
He'll only have about two options available if he wants to play part time in the National League. Almost every team is full time. Several National League North/South are full time too.

Nov 2, 2004
Imagine it was a straight choice between him and Cooper, we already have Mayor and didn't need 3 luxury players. I think that this was a good decision. The idea that he will suddenly turn up at a championship club is pretty amusing. He failed at Oldham.

Aug 11, 2013
I smell a rat.

Very odd the website describes the cancellation as ‘a few weeks before its January expiry’. That’s 7 weeks away ... wouldn’t describe that as a few weeks. Doesn’t add up.?

Sep 25, 2010
arrythewurzel":7bavhivq said:
I smell a rat.

Very odd the website describes the cancellation as ‘a few weeks before its January expiry’. That’s 7 weeks away ... wouldn’t describe that as a few weeks. Doesn’t add up.?

Oh dear me. :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm:

BHS

Oct 6, 2008
Liverpool (Skelmersdale)
Looked a decent player, he signed on a short term contract with the view to an extension if merited. I just hope his well documented off field problems have not resurfaced, all the best to him hope he gets a contract somewhere in Jan.

Jun 24, 2008
Gutted! A really class player and one that I enjoyed watching, felt that he was only just getting started. :sad: :sad:

memory man

✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Nov 28, 2011
Romsey
BHS":2qop604t said:
Looked a decent player, he signed on a short term contract with the view to an extension if merited. I just hope his well documented off field problems have not resurfaced, all the best to him hope he gets a contract somewhere in Jan.
My thoughts too.

May 16, 2016
It could be that RL has decided not to keep him post January and as he's injured and probably not going to play before his Short Term Deal is up, it's just best all round that he's released now. No need to be away from home unnecessarily.

He may well have sorted out a Course of Treatment for his injury closer to wherever Home is. There's also a freeing up of Wages depending on the Terms of his Contract and subsequent release that adds a bit to the New Year Budget.

Good luck and best wishes to the Fella.

Sep 6, 2006
ealinggreen":ke84f0r4 said:
Imagine it was a straight choice between him and Cooper, we already have Mayor and didn't need 3 luxury players. I think that this was a good decision. The idea that he will suddenly turn up at a championship club is pretty amusing. He failed at Oldham.

Yeah we dont want 3 good players. What would we possibly do with them? :banghead: :banghead:

Sep 6, 2006
Guiri Green":1dwzenxp said:
It could be that RL has decided not to keep him post January and as he's injured and probably not going to play before his Short Term Deal is up, it's just best all round that he's released now. No need to be away from home unnecessarily.

He may well have sorted out a Course of Treatment for his injury closer to wherever Home is. There's also a freeing up of Wages depending on the Terms of his Contract and subsequent release that adds a bit to the New Year Budget.

Why would Lowe not keep him post Jan. ? Makes no sense.

Jan 4, 2005
NEWQUAY
Balham_Green":1jgh54t0 said:
Guiri Green":1jgh54t0 said:

Not being in the full knowledge of the player's position at this moment, I do not think any of us can make ill informed judgements. I saw him play on one occasion and in that game he had classy touches about him.

Sep 6, 2006
Quintrell_Green":13hip00j said:
Balham_Green":13hip00j said:
Guiri Green":13hip00j said:

Not being in the full knowledge of the player's position at this moment, Ii do not think any of us can make ill informed judgements. I saw him play on one occasion and in that game he had classy touches about him.

There is nothing ill informed about recognizing a very good player and questioning why Lowe wouldnt want to keep him.

Jun 18, 2005
born St. Columb, Cornwall
I'm really disappointed as he has a lovely, classy playing style suited to the league above us that we want to return to - but there's always more going on than we hear about - cost saving? Personal issues? Long term injury susceptible? Who knows?