Jose Baxter (Has left the club) Nov 14 | Page 5 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Jose Baxter (Has left the club) Nov 14

Tugboat

Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 24, 2007
Dorset Pilgrim":kisagvdg said:
Baxter's obviously got ability, but can he apply it consistently over 90 mins ? I don't know the answer but I think his Argyle future depends on how much his wages are. He looks a bit of a luxury at the moment to me.
Our one luxury player is currently on over twice that of Baxter

Sep 6, 2006
Hargyle":54cs3201 said:
Taylor wasn’t such a bad player when he scored two in a game, and got MOM, earlier this season ... I hope he stays, and starts more regularly, but have a feeling he’ll be off to Morecombe on a freebie in January.

If we’re looking to off load players, in order to reinvest, I would let Rudden and Clarke go in January, and ask ALL of our defenders, except Aimson and McFadz, to find new clubs and replace the ones we are lucky enough to ship out.

Also, play Joel Grant and Moore as wingers ... they aren’t suited to the striker roles they’re being asked to play ... and give Mayor the ‘free role’ before he gets bored/homesick and signs for someone else.

Sorry, this thread’s about José Baxter ... is he much better than our other options in his position? ... I reckon we look better with Joe Edwards in his position, rather than compromising him at RB, or subbing him, to give Baxter a run out ... and Baxter’s stamina seems to be a real issue with him staying on the pitch for than 50 or 60 minutes ... so he’s another i’d be looking at shipping out in January.

So you have got just about everything wrong there. Takes some doing! Ship out in january a very talented player! Brilliant :doh: cos its so easy to get class players to come here isnt it? Change the whole defence in the middle of season when they appear to be gelling? Brilliant :doh: So we can assume there are a queue of quality defenders waiting to sign on of course. And in case you havent noticed we dont play wingers. Any other ideas?

Oct 3, 2003
Dundee
Baxter seems worth persevering with.

Taylor, no chance. He even now makes Rudden look decent. Please be gone. Though Rudden I’d give a little longer, let’s not be too unkind.

JannerinCardiff

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
♣️ SWAG Member
Jul 16, 2018
Cardiff
To me at least I don’t even think it’s worthy of a debate, Baxter is a really good player, of a good age too. We should definitely offer him a contract.

JannerinCardiff":244hb0m7 said:
To me at least I don’t even think it’s worthy of a debate, Baxter is a really good player, of a good age too. We should definitely offer him a contract.
Completely agree although we need to be as sure as possible that he’s not a long term on/ off injury problem. We’ve seen glimpses of his class already and I think there’s plenty more to come. For what it’s worth I have a friend who is an Oldham season ticket holder - they were gutted to lose him and think he’s too good for league 2.

Jul 12, 2016
abandonedhope":3g4tmcwg said:
JannerinCardiff":3g4tmcwg said:
Completely agree although we need to be as sure as possible that he’s not a long term on/ off injury problem. We’ve seen glimpses of his class already and I think there’s plenty more to come. For what it’s worth I have a friend who is an Oldham season ticket holder - they were gutted to lose him and think he’s too good for league 2.
The difficult question is , How injury prone is he ?
No matter how good a player is ,if he spends most of his time on the treatment table he's a luxury we cannot afford.

Feb 8, 2005
We are in no position to throw away good talent.

Baxter has shown that he is NOT a league two player, but he would benefit from substantial time spent on getting him right. He has spent a while out of the game and will benefit from being nurtured back to full fitness.

I think he is being rushed back at the moment. Not the Club's fault, but he will want to play and earn a new contract in January. He cannot afford to hang around if he wants to get back to the level he was.

Can we afford to give him time?

Can we afford not to?

He is Championship material when he is match fit, and has shown us glimpses of what he can do. With like minded players around him, he could go far.

Don't throw out the baby with the pram. Give him another six month contract in January ( he may even come good before then) and see where he is at the end of the season.

Should we get promoted (I know!), he will be a great asset for us with a full pre-season next year.

Cobi Budge

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Apr 8, 2011
Plymouth
That’s gutting. Jose is so clearly a player with a huge amount of talent. Crawley away sticks in the mind, he ran the show. It probably is the right decision if his injury is going to continue to be a stumbling block but I can’t hide my disappointment. All the best Jose.

Emu

Oct 3, 2003
Sarf London
Only yesterday I was going to say i thought he might be off. No in the know knowledge, just that it had gone eerily quiet about him.

It's a pity as he looked very good.