Jose Baxter (Has left the club) Nov 14 | Page 4 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Jose Baxter (Has left the club) Nov 14

Jan 27, 2012
Taylor is a quality player (I'd still argue he is Argyle's best striker when fit). Its a shame that Lowe doesn't rate him.

The Doctor

✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 15, 2003
Plymouth
andapoet.blog
Kentishgreen":246pirfv said:
I think footballers will follow the money anywhere. Even Bulgaria and Portugal!

Going to Portugal, with its relatively warm and sunny climate, great beach/coastal locations and marvellous regional food isn't exactly a hardship, especially if you are Portuguese!

Sep 19, 2015
gaspargomez":21oz96yb said:
Taylor is a quality player (I'd still argue he is Argyle's best striker when fit). Its a shame that Lowe doesn't rate him.

Its not that Lowe doesn't rate him. Its the fact that the system utilized by Lowe does not require a back to goal, old school number 9 type centre forward. Grant, Telford and especially Moore suit the role which RL is hoping for much more naturally. Offloading Taylor in January would be quite high on my list considering the wages he is reportedly acquiring at Home Park.

Emu

Oct 3, 2003
Sarf London
PlymouthCasual":2shwe577 said:
gaspargomez":2shwe577 said:

Its not that Lowe doesn't rate him. Its the fact that the system utilized by Lowe does not require a back to goal, old school number 9 type centre forward. Grant, Telford and especially Moore suit the role which RL is hoping for much more naturally. Offloading Taylor in January would be quite high on my list considering the wages he is reportedly acquiring at Home Park.

What ballpark figure is he acquiring? North of 2k week?

davie nine

R.I.P
Jan 23, 2015
Plympton
gaspargomez":13ttkg02 said:
You do seem to see different attributes in certain players than most others.
Opinions, I guess.

Sep 19, 2015
Emu":ix7pf84m said:
PlymouthCasual":ix7pf84m said:
gaspargomez":ix7pf84m said:

What ballpark figure is he acquiring? North of 2k week?

Easily. Was in the top 5 highest earners at the club under Adams if my source is correct ( he usually is) and he signed a new bloody two year contract in May. Im sure the demand for him will be high to be fair, hes not a bad player for a team who sets up like Adams did so we shouldn't have much issue in finding him another club.

Oct 14, 2015
davie nine":31c9clxi said:
gaspargomez":31c9clxi said:
You do seem to see different attributes in certain players than most others.
Opinions, I guess.

Certainly is all about opinions. Taylor brings absolutely nothing to the team and spends more time on his arse trying to win free kicks then he does in the treatment room which, in itself is quite a period of time..

Time for him to go in my opinion

Emu

Oct 3, 2003
Sarf London
Three years ago he was a good player - in a system that suited him and before the series of ankle injuries he has had.
Not the same player anymore unfortunately.

Pogleswoody

R.I.P
Jul 3, 2006
Location Location
The Doctor":2k765uos said:
Kentishgreen":2k765uos said:
I think footballers will follow the money anywhere. Even Bulgaria and Portugal!

Going to Portugal, with its relatively warm and sunny climate, great beach/coastal locations and marvellous regional food isn't exactly a hardship, especially if you are Portuguese!

Think I'd stay with Argyle but just go and live in Sticker, Cornshire!! :scarf:

Apr 15, 2004
East Devon
Taylor is a really good player if you play to his strengths. A couple of years ago in that purple patch when we were blowing teams away he was terrific ie as a target man who could hold the ball, lay it off intelligently to two fantastic skillful players close by him and he could provide a physical presence to upset defenders. But he just doesn't suit the RL system at all. We need mobile & quick forwards not a target man. Not his fault, not RL's either ...... just one of those things....'horses for courses' 'innit.

Jan 21, 2007
Taylor wasn’t such a bad player when he scored two in a game, and got MOM, earlier this season ... I hope he stays, and starts more regularly, but have a feeling he’ll be off to Morecombe on a freebie in January.

If we’re looking to off load players, in order to reinvest, I would let Rudden and Clarke go in January, and ask ALL of our defenders, except Aimson and McFadz, to find new clubs and replace the ones we are lucky enough to ship out.

Also, play Joel Grant and Moore as wingers ... they aren’t suited to the striker roles they’re being asked to play ... and give Mayor the ‘free role’ before he gets bored/homesick and signs for someone else.

Sorry, this thread’s about José Baxter ... is he much better than our other options in his position? ... I reckon we look better with Joe Edwards in his position, rather than compromising him at RB, or subbing him, to give Baxter a run out ... and Baxter’s stamina seems to be a real issue with him staying on the pitch for than 50 or 60 minutes ... so he’s another i’d be looking at shipping out in January.

Dorset Green

✅ Evergreen
Feb 8, 2009
Bridport
Baxter's obviously got ability, but can he apply it consistently over 90 mins ? I don't know the answer but I think his Argyle future depends on how much his wages are. He looks a bit of a luxury at the moment to me.