Jose Baxter (Has left the club) Nov 14 | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Jose Baxter (Has left the club) Nov 14

JannerinCardiff

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
♣️ SWAG Member
Jul 16, 2018
Cardiff
ealinggreen":1rjm1dny said:
Just to add a bit of balance,I think he is a pointless luxury who will not earn a contract. As with many of this squad he is a defensive nightmare. He will disappear without trace. :scarf:

Thank you Ealinggreen... I thought I was on my own... let me firstly say I don’t mind Baxter, he can pass a ball well but I don’t think defensively he’s good enough to play the CDM role and in the other RM position I don’t think he brings the ball forward or has the ability to beat a man in the way Mayor or even George Cooper and maybe Sarcevic drives forward. Good player to bring on when your 2-up with 15 to go to keep possession but as an attacking threat I’m not sure I’d have him in our 1st XI ahead of other players.

That’s what I love about football, it’s a game of opinions and some aren’t always the same..

Jul 3, 2013
JannerinCardiff":1vxoumgm said:
ealinggreen":1vxoumgm said:
Just to add a bit of balance,I think he is a pointless luxury who will not earn a contract. As with many of this squad he is a defensive nightmare. He will disappear without trace. :scarf:

Thank you Ealinggreen... I thought I was on my own... let me firstly say I don’t mind Baxter, he can pass a ball well but I don’t think defensively he’s good enough to play the CDM role and in the other RM position I don’t think he brings the ball forward or has the ability to beat a man in the way Mayor or even George Cooper and maybe Sarcevic drives forward. Good player to bring on when your 2-up with 15 to go to keep possession but as an attacking threat I’m not sure I’d have him in our 1st XI ahead of other players.

That’s what I love about football, it’s a game of opinions and some aren’t always the same..

Reads the game exceptionally, one of the best passers we have and his control is excellent, offers a threat going forward and can score goals. apart from that he does not offer much!
As for his fitness and match sharpness, he has just about covered the time of pre season so maybe judge him after the next dozen or so games.

Jul 19, 2018
London
argyle.life
Should Plymouth Argyle extend Jose Baxter's contract?

There’s little doubting Baxter’s potential. The consensus amongst Argyle fans appears to be that in Baxter, Argyle have one of League Two’s better midfielders even if he is yet to fully show it, which makes the impending decision for Lowe that much more difficult.

Ultimately, if the physio team don’t envisage his minutes increasing in the second half of the season, you could argue it’s only right he finds another club in the spring. In the same breath though, you have to wonder whether or not there’s a suitable replacement loitering around on a free in January - it’s unlikely. Would it be worth signing a downgrade on Baxter based on the fact that he would actually be fit enough to play?

Apr 9, 2011
Yes dont really know what the problem is with him other than injury prone. No doubt a talented player but being brutally honest no good if he plays a couple of games then is out injured for weeks. I believe i saw somewhere his latest injury was to rule him out for at least five weeks , i know he has been missing for several weeks already?

Sep 6, 2006
100% renew. Quality player. We wont get better. Injuries could be related to not having a full pre season.

davie nine

R.I.P
Jan 23, 2015
Plympton
Our resident ‘insider’, pafc_casual, informed us on 17th October that Billy Clarke was signed on a short term contract because Jose Baxter was likely to be out injured for 4-6 weeks.
Most of his information seems to be accurate so, perhaps, Jose will be fit again soon. He was certainly the victim of a nasty tackle in the Swindon league game.
Based on his contributions when fit, I hope that we can agree an extension to his contract.

Mar 15, 2007
Plymouth
Balham_Green":393le64m said:
100% renew. Quality player. We wont get better. Injuries could be related to not having a full pre season.

Agreed. I’m not sure where the injury prone comments are coming from. This his only injury of the season to my memory, the rest of the time he was catching up with the squad after having no pre-season.

An excellent player at this level and I don’t think he’s really got out of second gear yet, as is the case with a few of our lads.

Jan 2, 2019
He is well worth keeping on until the end of the season. Has more than proved his worth in games that he played.

Sep 19, 2015
Well worth a gamble this lad. I don't think anybody can doubt his quality and how much of a leading role he could play for us when 100% match fit and confident.

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
It depends on the budget and whether the club want to pay wages to a player who doesn't play much.

He's a great passer and is able to spot a pass and get the team moving but he's completed 90 minutes just once in 12 games this season and not been in the squad for 9 games so it depends if the club see if it's worthwhile in keeping him or spend the wages in January on a player who will regularly play.
Lowe will want to keep him.

cheshiregreen

✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
Feb 17, 2004
cheshire
Will also depend on who gets shipped out in January.

If say Ryan Taylor, Tafari Moore and one of our loanees left then wages may be not be a particular issue.

justanotherfan

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🍌 Bomber Harris.
🚑 Steve Hooper
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Mar 4, 2012
Plymouth
Obvious quality, a definite keeper.

The Doctor

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 15, 2003
Plymouth
andapoet.blog
justanotherfan":15ha6cbu said:
Obvious quality, a definite keeper.

Surely someone is going to jump in and nod this pinpoint cross over the line from just a couple of yards out... in fact it's an even easier chance now that Baxter is playing in goal... ;)

Apr 15, 2004
East Devon
Nobby":23o2c1ft said:
Balham_Green":23o2c1ft said:

Agreed. I’m not sure where the injury prone comments are coming from. This his only injury of the season to my memory, the rest of the time he was catching up with the squad after having no pre-season.

An excellent player at this level and I don’t think he’s really got out of second gear yet, as is the case with a few of our lads.
Definitely, definitely this. He’s a top notch player at this level so it’s certainly worth taking a chance on him. It would be sooo bloody typical Argo to ‘ship him out’ to free up a small budget just to bring in another journeyman……. then we watch him doing wonders in higher league with TV pundits drooling over him. Anyway, who’s to say the journeyman replacement wouldn’t get injured? If he’s fit enough to sell on he must be fit enough to invest a bit of effort in to get him fully 100% match fit ……… then watch him become a key player for us. We’ve only seen flashes so far but I really think he could be something very special.