Jose Baxter (Has left the club) Nov 14 | Page 3 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Jose Baxter (Has left the club) Nov 14

Pogleswoody

R.I.P
Jul 3, 2006
Location Location
I don't think that being totally clobbered and wiped out by a Swindon player, on the edge of their box with the ref in close attendance (leading to the obvious 'no foul, no card' scenario), constitutes 'injury prone'.

He's a keeper tho' not as a keeper! Good players are like hens dentures in League Two!! :nworthy:

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
It’s 100% ‘yes’ from me. A cracking player when he’s not on his back on the treatment table.

Sep 6, 2006
Ave_IT":wndea70w said:
Nobby":wndea70w said:
Balham_Green":wndea70w said:
100% renew. Quality player. We wont get better. Injuries could be related to not having a full pre season.

Agreed. I’m not sure where the injury prone comments are coming from. This his only injury of the season to my memory, the rest of the time he was catching up with the squad after having no pre-season.

An excellent player at this level and I don’t think he’s really got out of second gear yet, as is the case with a few of our lads.
Definitely, definitely this. He’s a top notch player at this level so it’s certainly worth taking a chance on him. It would be sooo bloody typical Argo to ‘ship him out’ to free up a small budget just to bring in another journeyman……. then we watch him doing wonders in higher league with TV pundits drooling over him. Anyway, who’s to say the journeyman replacement wouldn’t get injured? If he’s fit enough to sell on he must be fit enough to invest a bit of effort in to get him fully 100% match fit ……… then watch him become a key player for us. We’ve only seen flashes so far but I really think he could be something very special.

He ran the show at Crawley. Xavi like!

JannerinCardiff

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
♣️ SWAG Member
Jul 16, 2018
Cardiff
justanotherfan":2zgksdf9 said:
Obvious quality, a definite keeper.

I think his quality at passing makes him a better midfielder imo..

Mar 21, 2006
cheshiregreen":13bnydfi said:
Will also depend on who gets shipped out in January.

If say Ryan Taylor, Tafari Moore and one of our loanees left then wages may be not be a particular issue.

Wouldn't be surprised if Taylor joined Adams at Morecambe.

Apr 4, 2004
Hell yeah with bells on. He's a joy to watch and as has already been said he really hasn't got going yet. He's one of those players that make you want to watch football. I don't mean everything he does unlocks a defence or leaves players in his wake. But players like him make football a joy to watch and will once he really gets going he's going to put bums on seats. Unbelievable player to have at this level. I can't believe there is even a debate over this. We are spoiled to have him and Mayor and Cooper. Yes please.

Jun 18, 2005
born St. Columb, Cornwall
ming the merciless":1iyjrxns said:
Hell yeah with bells on. He's a joy to watch and as has already been said he really hasn't got going yet. He's one of those players that make you want to watch football. I don't mean everything he does unlocks a defence or leaves players in his wake. But players like him make football a joy to watch and will once he really gets going he's going to put bums on seats. Unbelievable player to have at this level. I can't believe there is even a debate over this. We are spoiled to have him and Mayor and Cooper. Yes please.

What he said.

Bubba

Administrator
Staff member
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
Pasoti Quiz Champions
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Nov 26, 2006
Absolute no brainier to keep, quality footballer who makes the game look easy.

He apparently loves it here (which can be half the battle sometimes) and we are lucky to have him, harsh to say injury prone when he was clattered at Swindon, at Crawley as BG said he gave an almost faultless performance.

JannerinCardiff

♣️ SWAG Member
Jul 16, 2018
Cardiff
silkman":1f8k5acs said:
cheshiregreen":1f8k5acs said:
Will also depend on who gets shipped out in January.

If say Ryan Taylor, Tafari Moore and one of our loanees left then wages may be not be a particular issue.

Wouldn't be surprised if Taylor joined Adams at Morecambe.

This would be good in the long run for all parties I reckon.

JannerinCardiff

♣️ SWAG Member
Jul 16, 2018
Cardiff
plymouth1970":1ru5t6h3 said:
And you think Taylor would pass a medical??

Well he’s played this week against Everton and was fit enough to be on the bench against Bolton so I don’t see why not?

Jul 12, 2016
Hopefully DA might be interested in signing more of the players he signed for Argyle . Maybe wishful thinking though because of the way they let him down last season.

Apr 15, 2004
East Devon
saxman":h9dcr2yu said:
ming the merciless":h9dcr2yu said:

What he said.
I’ll feel cheated if we don’t get to see more of him (either thru’ injury or if he moves on). I can’t quite put my finger on it – but I sense there’s something quite special about him. I’m not claiming he’s a world beater – but neither were the likes of Carey, Lameiras, Buzsacky, Nalis ……. but each of those had their own special style that was a joy to watch….. and in his brief appearances we have seen flashes of the same in Jose. Like the glorious ‘look away’ pass he played (against Walsall I think) - instant control, then he looked up, turned & shaped his body to hit a ball out to the wing then he suddenly played a delicate, slide-rule perfectly weighted pass between the centre halves whilst still looking at the winger…. Ooooo ….. I want to see more of that please! (even if it means taking a chance on his fitness).

Sep 25, 2010
Ave_IT":2ucrx33w said:
saxman":2ucrx33w said:
ming the merciless":2ucrx33w said:

What he said.
I’ll feel cheated if we don’t get to see more of him (either thru’ injury or if he moves on). I can’t quite put my finger on it – but I sense there’s something quite special about him. I’m not claiming he’s a world beater – but neither were the likes of Carey, Lameiras, Buzsacky, Nalis ……. but each of those had their own special style that was a joy to watch….. and in his brief appearances we have seen flashes of the same in Jose. Like the glorious ‘look away’ pass he played (against Walsall I think) - instant control, then he looked up, turned & shaped his body to hit a ball out to the wing then he suddenly played a delicate, slide-rule perfectly weighted pass between the centre halves whilst still looking at the winger…. Ooooo ….. I want to see more of that please! (even if it means taking a chance on his fitness).

100% agree