Just unacceptable, the Chairman must be concerned. | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Just unacceptable, the Chairman must be concerned.

May 8, 2011
Forest of Dean Green":3g2jwy95 said:
If you’d read or listened to anything the Chairman has ever said, no he won’t be worried. He’s quite clear that the long term trumps the short term and he’s not one for reacting to moments like this. Let’s not project our own feelings onto his stewardship. Fortunately, he is much more steady and considered than the average fan who is driven by an abundance of emotion after a game against a side assembled at much greater cost than ours. Thank god.

Obviously the Owner felt differently about not reacting to moments like this 2 years ago.

Graham Clark

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
🚑 Steve Hooper
Nov 18, 2018
A very objective assessment of why Derek Adams was relieved of his duties by Chris Errington (In the link below) It was after all a unanimous decision of the Board and after the Accrington debacle an inevitable one supported by many that had supported Adams up to that game.

https://www.plymouthherald.co.uk/sport/ ... th-2810241

Forest of Dean Green

✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Mar 5, 2009
Gloucestershire
HC Green":12uaboru said:
Forest of Dean Green":12uaboru said:
If you’d read or listened to anything the Chairman has ever said, no he won’t be worried. He’s quite clear that the long term trumps the short term and he’s not one for reacting to moments like this. Let’s not project our own feelings onto his stewardship. Fortunately, he is much more steady and considered than the average fan who is driven by an abundance of emotion after a game against a side assembled at much greater cost than ours. Thank god.

Obviously the Owner felt differently about not reacting to moments like this 2 years ago.

Way before he’d really established his blueprint for the club and in totally different circumstances. Daft to compare. And why oh why oh why do we have to keep dragging up Adams. It’s a weird Pasoti obsession for some.

Jul 12, 2016
Matt Green Army":18u1ccxu said:
Tugboat":18u1ccxu said:
6k on one player wage isn’t right
I agree listen Danny is a very talented player but he gives no end product
imagine if you are Joe Edward's ,Pan or C Grant
we as fans love exciting players and Danny is certainly one of those but for the 2and season running we make excuses for him saying he "assists the assister '
Danny is great but he is holding the team back ..he gets the ball and the team waits and waits and waits until Danny releases the ball by them impetus is lost and yet Ryan builds his team around him
a modern day no 8 movesxthecball quickly within 2 or 3 touches
name me any players in league 1 / Champ who do the same
:clap:

Argyle Nutter

Golf Liaison Officer ⛳️
🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
Brickfields Donor
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Jan 16, 2006
On the sunny side of the street
Tugboat":2ch00lmx said:
There’s a player on a lot more than that a week playing for us at the moment, but it’s not who you'd first think of :think:

Alan Turing

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Jul 24, 2010
Mutley
Forest of Dean Green":2jy36ncs said:
HC Green":2jy36ncs said:
Forest of Dean Green":2jy36ncs said:

Way before he’d really established his blueprint for the club and in totally different circumstances. Daft to compare. And why oh why oh why do we have to keep dragging up Adams. It’s a weird Pasoti obsession for some.

You’re right, it is weird. Certain posters just can’t let it go.

Argyleloyal

Pasoti Announcer.
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
Brickfields Donor
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Apr 25, 2016
Argyle Nutter":3gwswl1l said:
Tugboat":3gwswl1l said:
There’s a player on a lot more than that a week playing for us at the moment, but it’s not who you'd first think of :think:

Who? It’s got to be a loan player surely

Aug 5, 2016
HC Green":3plh52ev said:
Forest of Dean Green":3plh52ev said:

I suppose being in the relegation zone with 47 points from 45 matches having lost 5-1 to Accrington and lost the dressing room might have had something to do with the lack of faith in Adams.

We aren't going down this season, and the players that Lowe is very publicly moaning about will likely have their arses kicked up the road soon enough.

Aug 24, 2009
Five year plan, I am nearly 70 and been looking at 3 or 5 year plans all my life, none of which have succeeded. In 5 years we won't have the same chairman and definately not the same manager. Covid as effected every football club so to use this as an excuse for our team building etc is simply not true. To suggest that to be beaten by a side who will be in the Championship is no disgrace but over the season we have been beaten by teams at the bottom of the league. What Mayor stated this week was we would be spanked if we were not on our game and that was exactly what happened. If Lowe is obviously angry when we were beaten by Shrewsbury then I would suggest someone else does the interview, there was no way he could change the team. Such comments like I'll play the kids only serves to undermine his own position. I would suggest we take off our green tinted glasses and face the reality, the season is not over yet, I would suggest a mid table finish is unlikely, we will finish just above the relegation spot which in my view can hardly be a success.

Frank Butcher

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Oct 9, 2003
Gairloch
First time back in League One, at this stage closer to the play-offs than relegation (ignoring games in hand) would have suited me at the start of the season. But something's never been quite right about the team this year especially in defence and midfield. Maybe first choice targets were unavailable or lost but there is no doubt the balance and quality isn't right.

I think on the whole Simon Hallett would be happy enough - next season must see an improvement though.

Jul 12, 2016
charlieboy":32vlbu5w said:
Five year plan, I am nearly 70 and been looking at 3 or 5 year plans all my life, none of which have succeeded. In 5 years we won't have the same chairman and definitely not the same manager. Covid as effected every football club so to use this as an excuse for our team building etc is simply not true. To suggest that to be beaten by a side who will be in the Championship is no disgrace but over the season we have been beaten by teams at the bottom of the league. What Mayor stated this week was we would be spanked if we were not on our game and that was exactly what happened. If Lowe is obviously angry when we were beaten by Shrewsbury then I would suggest someone else does the interview, there was no way he could change the team. Such comments like I'll play the kids only serves to undermine his own position. I would suggest we take off our green tinted glasses and face the reality, the season is not over yet, I would suggest a mid table finish is unlikely, we will finish just above the relegation spot which in my view can hardly be a success.
Same age ,same thoughts :thumbup:

mutley marvel

Cream First
✅ Evergreen
Feb 13, 2021
RL talks a good game, promises this that & the another, bigs up the players to such an extent that the pressure to continually perform is unrealistic & basically living in cloud cuckoo land

All the conversations behind closed doors regarding recruitment, coaching, strategy is irrevelant it is what happens on the pitch for 90 plus minutes

When this season started my hope was that we would be competitive,be consistent, try & kill of games & try & be hard to beat - instead we have lurched from one crisis to another - a manager who repeatedly throws the players under the bus & comes out with the same sound bites everytime it goes wrong

RL & his team are responsible for the coaching of the team & the game plan- clearly this season his tried & tested methods have not delivered the expectations they had at the start of the season

I dread to think what will happen in the 5 games we have left- no team is to good to be relegated

Will we limp over the line or will we do an Argo & win the last 5 games- the ball is in the players court to finish this season on a high :sad:

Tugboat

Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 24, 2007
If we were a few positions lower and in a relegation scrap I’d be very worried

fawlty

♣️ PASALB Member
Feb 1, 2012
Frank_Butcher":3td12gwa said:
First time back in League One, at this stage closer to the play-offs than relegation (ignoring games in hand) would have suited me at the start of the season. But something's never been quite right about the team this year especially in defence and midfield. Maybe first choice targets were unavailable or lost but there is no doubt the balance and quality isn't right.

I think on the whole Simon Hallett would be happy enough - next season must see an improvement though.

There’s a lot of stuff that gets posted on this site from fans who overreact to a single match result during this season without considering the bigger, and more relevant, long term picture so, in contrast, I particularly liked and agree with this posting from FB.

Argyle are on the bottom rungs of a ladder, going upward, which has been set up by Simon Hallett along with all club officials and agreed to by Ryan Lowe and all coaching staff. They like us are a bit frustrated at the results of some matches and also at some of the performances of the team but their judgements are being considered over a season, or part of a 5 year plan, so no need to be concerned yet.

The team, this season against good League 1 opposition, isn’t quite right being young and inexperienced. RL has sometimes noted the team being “naive” and “too soft” and I think that is the root of this year’s progress.

Take yesterday’s game as an example and look at the highlights video.

First example, Honeyman is running toward the touch line with no other Hull players near him but with 3 Argyle players close by so, like any experienced player would (Aimson like), slows down into Fornah and falls on the ball giving the referee no option but to award the free kick. It wasn’t a foul and Fornah protests (probably others as well) without thinking about what is happening around him. Honeyman quickly takes the free kick by passing to a Hull player in space just outside the penalty box and then finally into the net.

Second example, Opoku gets in a good block and gets in front of the Hull player who is still in contact and challenging from behind him and, unlike Honeyman previously, does not go down on the ball but tries to wrestle himself away not thinking that other players may be nearby. Honeyman nips in and quickly into the net whilst Argyle are still seeking a decision from the ref.

“Naive and soft” by Argyle - yes but really just outplayed by experienced and switched on Hull players who are wise and know how to play the game and force the ref into making an instant decision.

How many times have we seen Argyle players in an attacking situation try to stay up after a tackle rather than going down to get a free kick. Very rare although Jephcott tries a lot without any success. Aimson is a master of this when going backwards.

RL cannot help the players who find themselves in those situations and, for all we know may be discouraging his players from trying to “cheat”, the players can only learn the game by playing regularly.

Recruitment is going to be key going forward as RL doesn’t have money available and, whilst the emergence of Academy players, like Michael Cooper, will take a while we all need to remain patient and enjoy the wins when they come.

COYGs

Fawlty

Jun 18, 2005
born St. Columb, Cornwall
All very true. Twice yesterday, once in the first half (Camara) and second half (Mayor) were hit by strong challenges in the box where the defender didn't touch the ball. They stayed on their feet when either could have gone down and resulted in a penalty without too much argument. If they were a Lincoln player..... It doesn't mean its 'morally' right but when you have Hull players at 3-0 up attempting to orchestrate a sending off for a young Watts, which seemed completely unnecessary to me, you do question our 'professional' mentality compared to the more ruthless sides. It's no coincidence that Aimson wins free kicks in awkward situations!