Just unacceptable, the Chairman must be concerned. | Page 5 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Just unacceptable, the Chairman must be concerned.

Sep 22, 2020
This thread title could have a very different meaning after yesterday's news...

I think it could be very good news for Argyle on the basis it is going to happen now in one way or the other.

The premier league clubs will lose much of the current TV money and there will be a reshaping of the EFL.

This will drop wages and is the perfect opportunity for the FA/EFL/Prem to force clubs to operate within a realistic budget with realistic player wages. This will filter down to Argyle and the lower leagues and hopefully enable smaller clubs like Argyle to function within their operating income, encourage youth players to come through and not be reliant upon one sugar daddy to chase an unreachable goal.

my understanding is the top paid player at Argyle is on Ā£6k pw. Ā£300k per year really????? no wonder football is in financial meltdown all the time.

Jul 12, 2016
Brechin Hedge":3jcx8juu said:
the issue of attendances will be interesting and very difficult to predict. I have had a season ticket for 50 seasons and been obsessed by Argyle since a young lad but for the first time am not as keen as i thought i would be to get back.

I think allot of this first time apathy is the style of football played by Lowe. This tippy tapping passing for the sake of it is quite frankly boring no risk football. Oh for a big centre forward to lump it up to and see the action in the attacking third rather than possession in our own third. i am sure this is why we are giving so many goals away as we seem comfortable playing at the wrong end of the pitch!

Maybe this is just modern football taught at the academies for years and now has become established in the EFL now these players have come through to be pros. maybe i am just getting old and cynical but the poor football we have seen this season for much of the time is simply not entertaining.

I also blame ifollow. Because all games are there i feel obliged to watch them. Too many poor away performances under a tame and boring style are grinding my blinding loyalty down for the first ever time.
Brechin Hedge I am like minded. I also cannot see that we are playing the exciting football promised and with the unknown
future position with the pandemic I am not as excited to be returning to HP as I have been in the past. For me, in most respects, this season has been a write off and instantly forgettable and i am not confident about next season if the same tactics are employed.

Pogleswoody

R.I.P
Jul 3, 2006
Location Location
PL2 3DQ":3f3k1e2t said:
charlieboy":3f3k1e2t said:
This as been a poor season for us, who would have thought that we would be looking at the teams in the relegation area hoping that they would lose there remaining games which will allow us not to be relegated. If this is a succesful season, I would hate to see a bad one. I do not support Plymouth just to have a consolidating season, I want to win or at the very lease be entertained and have not experienced either. Lowes post match interviews insults our intelligence. We have discussed out of contract players and those on loan,the majority of them have massively under performed, they have fallen way short of what they have been cracked up to be. Our centre backs have been terrible, Mayor as shown the odd brilliance but apart from this he as been inconsistent, we need players who can benefit from his creativity because at the moment we are not benefiting from his obvious talent. Camara's form changes like the weather although I do think there is a footballer there. Our attackers are so inconsistent it is embarrising although I think Hardie, Ennis and Jephcott will come good, there biggest problem is confidence, they all seem to get into good positions but are not clinical, many of Jephcotts goal were set up by Hardie who could have scored himself but instead put Jephcott in so I am not that overwhelmed with him at the moment, he is over rated. Edwards, Fornah, Grant and Cooper have all had good seasons, I would re-sign them if possible. The only central defenders I would give another season too is Woods, Aimson who is best suited in a 4 4 2 formation which Lowe does not like but I would still keep him, A big clearout is required for us to go forward next season, if we do not then we are going to struggle, our season will be yet again be full of stupid comments by our manager who in my opinion is not good enough,we saw yesterday him making substitutions which weakened the team rather than enhancing it when we are in a winning position. I would move Ruddy, Reeves, MaCleod, ;Lolas, and Moore out, Watts, Lewis, Opoku, Woods and Fornah are loan players, a lot of work needs to be done.

Merged - again! Try 'post a reply'.

I do not support Plymouth - the only bit where I think he spoke true!! :lol:

P

Paranoid Android

Considering the OP, the only analogy that really comes to mind is an equally surreal moment, when I went to the circus once and saw a guy with face paint and big shoes ride a bike around the ring and witness every piece of the bicyle fall off, one by one. Hysterical it was :lol:

Nov 11, 2020
Brechin Hedge and oldage I am in total agreement with your comments for what itā€™s worth. A bit like a ā€˜likeā€™ response but I donā€™t really do all that. I canā€™t even cut and paste your comments !

Jan 4, 2005
NEWQUAY
oldage":2r3orb93 said:
Brechin Hedge":2r3orb93 said:
the issue of attendances will be interesting and very difficult to predict. I have had a season ticket for 50 seasons and been obsessed by Argyle since a young lad but for the first time am not as keen as i thought i would be to get back.

I think allot of this first time apathy is the style of football played by Lowe. This tippy tapping passing for the sake of it is quite frankly boring no risk football. Oh for a big centre forward to lump it up to and see the action in the attacking third rather than possession in our own third. i am sure this is why we are giving so many goals away as we seem comfortable playing at the wrong end of the pitch!

Maybe this is just modern football taught at the academies for years and now has become established in the EFL now these players have come through to be pros. maybe i am just getting old and cynical but the poor football we have seen this season for much of the time is simply not entertaining.

I also blame ifollow. Because all games are there i feel obliged to watch them. Too many poor away performances under a tame and boring style are grinding my blinding loyalty down for the first ever time.
Brechin Hedge I am like minded. I also cannot see that we are playing the exciting football promised and with the unknown
future position with the pandemic I am not as excited to be returning to HP as I have been in the past. For me, in most respects, this season has been a write off and instantly forgettable and i am not confident about next season if the same tactics are employed.

I do not find the tactics to be a problem, it is the acquisition of the right players to make the tactics really effective that is the issue.
I was reading about Ron Atkinson the other day when he was manager at WBA. He played the same tactics week in week out but ensured he had the right quality of staff to play them. His pre-game focus, which was conveyed to his squad was solely the individual skills / tricks / strengths /weaknesses of each member of the opposition. His mantra was 'let the opposition worry about WBA's tactics because they need to be brilliant to stop us. Let's hope RL's recruitment can be improved upon. in the closed season

Aug 11, 2013
Brechin Hedge":2rll07v3 said:

Feel the same way after 40 years following the greens. Hoping that a return to Home Park may rejuvenate my enthusiasm but Lowe has a lot of work to do before next season.

Aug 24, 2009
You do not need a pro licence to get your players to play like tonight, a driving licence would be suffice. I have been saying it all season, Lowe and his side kick are clueless. Rebuilding our team is going to take a long time, No player played well although Mayor did his best with those around him, As for Law, he was fine going forward, some of his crosses deserved a goal, his defending was diabolical, very similar to Lewis.I have no idea what the Chairman is thinking but what is for sure the egos of Lowe and Co is doing the club down, they need to go. I do not think we will relegated although the future looks bleak with these clowns in charge.

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
šŸ† Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
āœØPasoti DonorāœØ
šŸŒŸSparksy MuralšŸŒŸ
Oct 31, 2010
charlieboy":q2084c6c said:
You do not need a pro licence to get your players to play like tonight, a driving licence would be suffice. I have been saying it all season, Lowe and his side kick are clueless. Rebuilding our team is going to take a long time, No player played well although Mayor did his best with those around him, As for Law, he was fine going forward, some of his crosses deserved a goal, his defending was diabolical, very similar to Lewis.I have no idea what the Chairman is thinking but what is for sure the egos of Lowe and Co is doing the club down, they need to go. I do not think we will relegated although the future looks bleak with these clowns in charge.

Merged again!