Just unacceptable, the Chairman must be concerned. | Page 4 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Just unacceptable, the Chairman must be concerned.

Jul 12, 2016
Metal_Green_Mickey":3kjy5h70 said:
It’s not really about expecting anything more. When we did the season predictions l said around about this position.

You may change the players but you still have to have things in place to build on.

Best example l can provide is 16/17 season under Adams. Remember that team finished just outside the playoffs. Everyone was so excited for the following season. My issue was the way we defended as a team and our play style.

We still had Carey & Lameiras. We added goals from Lapado. Yet we lost one key player in the heart of that defence. Sonny Bradley. We literally fell apart.

The issue isn’t our position. It’s not even the results. It’s our performances this season.

Everyone is right. New players will come in. We might see a totally different Argyle. However, based on how we play currently l don’t see an identity under Lowe. I don’t see a playing style or a philosophy. I just see a team struggling at both ends of the field.

I’m not sure it’s wrong to expect a team to not give away ‘park league’ standard goals most weeks. I’m not sure it’s too much to expect a team to pass consistently to a green shirt. And l don’t think it’s asking too much for a team to sometimes, not all the time, turn up in the second half of games or have a bit more of a backbone when the opposition score.

I guess maybe my expectations are too high, although l thought they are reasonable points.
IMO they are reasonable points.

Jun 18, 2005
born St. Columb, Cornwall
Metal_Green_Mickey":1vp4icyk said:
It’s not really about expecting anything more. When we did the season predictions l said around about this position.

You may change the players but you still have to have things in place to build on.

Best example l can provide is 16/17 season under Adams. Remember that team finished just outside the playoffs. Everyone was so excited for the following season. My issue was the way we defended as a team and our play style.

We still had Carey & Lameiras. We added goals from Lapado. Yet we lost one key player in the heart of that defence. Sonny Bradley. We literally fell apart.

The issue isn’t our position. It’s not even the results. It’s our performances this season.

Everyone is right. New players will come in. We might see a totally different Argyle. However, based on how we play currently l don’t see an identity under Lowe. I don’t see a playing style or a philosophy. I just see a team struggling at both ends of the field.

I’m not sure it’s wrong to expect a team to not give away ‘park league’ standard goals most weeks. I’m not sure it’s too much to expect a team to pass consistently to a green shirt. And l don’t think it’s asking too much for a team to sometimes, not all the time, turn up in the second half of games or have a bit more of a backbone when the opposition score.

I guess maybe my expectations are too high, although l thought they are reasonable points.

A lot of posters are talking a lot of sense on this thread.

Aug 24, 2009
This as been a poor season for us, who would have thought that we would be looking at the teams in the relegation area hoping that they would lose there remaining games which will allow us not to be relegated. If this is a succesful season, I would hate to see a bad one. I do not support Plymouth just to have a consolidating season, I want to win or at the very lease be entertained and have not experienced either. Lowes post match interviews insults our intelligence. We have discussed out of contract players and those on loan,the majority of them have massively under performed, they have fallen way short of what they have been cracked up to be. Our centre backs have been terrible, Mayor as shown the odd brilliance but apart from this he as been inconsistent, we need players who can benefit from his creativity because at the moment we are not benefiting from his obvious talent. Camara's form changes like the weather although I do think there is a footballer there. Our attackers are so inconsistent it is embarrising although I think Hardie, Ennis and Jephcott will come good, there biggest problem is confidence, they all seem to get into good positions but are not clinical, many of Jephcotts goal were set up by Hardie who could have scored himself but instead put Jephcott in so I am not that overwhelmed with him at the moment, he is over rated. Edwards, Fornah, Grant and Cooper have all had good seasons, I would re-sign them if possible. The only central defenders I would give another season too is Woods, Aimson who is best suited in a 4 4 2 formation which Lowe does not like but I would still keep him, A big clearout is required for us to go forward next season, if we do not then we are going to struggle, our season will be yet again be full of stupid comments by our manager who in my opinion is not good enough,we saw yesterday him making substitutions which weakened the team rather than enhancing it when we are in a winning position. I would move Ruddy, Reeves, MaCleod, ;Lolas, and Moore out, Watts, Lewis, Opoku, Woods and Fornah are loan players, a lot of work needs to be done.

up the line

🚑 Steve Hooper
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Mar 7, 2010
Manchester
1. Who are 'Plymouth'?
2. As far as I'm aware, Ruddy hasn't been at the club for many many months already

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
charlieboy":34q5c5vg said:
This as been a poor season for us, who would have thought that we would be looking at the teams in the relegation area hoping that they would lose there remaining games which will allow us not to be relegated. If this is a succesful season, I would hate to see a bad one. I do not support Plymouth just to have a consolidating season, I want to win or at the very lease be entertained and have not experienced either. Lowes post match interviews insults our intelligence. We have discussed out of contract players and those on loan,the majority of them have massively under performed, they have fallen way short of what they have been cracked up to be. Our centre backs have been terrible, Mayor as shown the odd brilliance but apart from this he as been inconsistent, we need players who can benefit from his creativity because at the moment we are not benefiting from his obvious talent. Camara's form changes like the weather although I do think there is a footballer there. Our attackers are so inconsistent it is embarrising although I think Hardie, Ennis and Jephcott will come good, there biggest problem is confidence, they all seem to get into good positions but are not clinical, many of Jephcotts goal were set up by Hardie who could have scored himself but instead put Jephcott in so I am not that overwhelmed with him at the moment, he is over rated. Edwards, Fornah, Grant and Cooper have all had good seasons, I would re-sign them if possible. The only central defenders I would give another season too is Woods, Aimson who is best suited in a 4 4 2 formation which Lowe does not like but I would still keep him, A big clearout is required for us to go forward next season, if we do not then we are going to struggle, our season will be yet again be full of stupid comments by our manager who in my opinion is not good enough,we saw yesterday him making substitutions which weakened the team rather than enhancing it when we are in a winning position. I would move Ruddy, Reeves, MaCleod, ;Lolas, and Moore out, Watts, Lewis, Opoku, Woods and Fornah are loan players, a lot of work needs to be done.

Merged - again! Try 'post a reply'.

May 8, 2011
The main concern for all Owners are will there be a decline in season ticket sales after people have had a season of not going and what if any social distancing measures will remain or be reintroduced in the autumn/winter reducing the ground capacity.
Perhaps some of them might start suggesting switching to a spring/summer season in the future.

jerryatricjanner

✅ Evergreen
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Apr 22, 2006
My own feeling is there could be a healthy increase in attendances, if not season ticket sales initially. It's not as if people have found other attractions to take the place of football with almost all activities restricted.

Sep 22, 2020
the issue of attendances will be interesting and very difficult to predict. I have had a season ticket for 50 seasons and been obsessed by Argyle since a young lad but for the first time am not as keen as i thought i would be to get back.

I think allot of this first time apathy is the style of football played by Lowe. This tippy tapping passing for the sake of it is quite frankly boring no risk football. Oh for a big centre forward to lump it up to and see the action in the attacking third rather than possession in our own third. i am sure this is why we are giving so many goals away as we seem comfortable playing at the wrong end of the pitch!

Maybe this is just modern football taught at the academies for years and now has become established in the EFL now these players have come through to be pros. maybe i am just getting old and cynical but the poor football we have seen this season for much of the time is simply not entertaining.

I also blame ifollow. Because all games are there i feel obliged to watch them. Too many poor away performances under a tame and boring style are grinding my blinding loyalty down for the first ever time.

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
This thread title could have a very different meaning after yesterday's news...

May 28, 2019
the board will have to be very cautious with the pricing, people have lost jobs , business and or like myself have had hours reduced ,i also think it will be a season of reduced attendance due to covid, hopefully not , also you got to look at the nonleague football around plymouth, parkway and tavistock moving to southern league 1 , truro of southern league prem playing in plymouth, saltash and millbrook moving to western league, teams like this were you can gain entry get a pasty and a tea for around 12 quid......for pretty decent levels of football, argyle have to be careful !