Kyle Letheren BUMPED from Southend v Argyle match thread | Page 10 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Kyle Letheren BUMPED from Southend v Argyle match thread

Oct 18, 2010
St Judes
Justin":3a0xvzxq said:
Mike Greening":3a0xvzxq said:
I think that if we had played him from the start we could have been play-off contenders at least. :scarf:

Seriously?

With the atrocious defence we had which changed on a match by match basis?

Macey performed miracles considering the nightmare that unfolded in front of him and rightly earned many man of the match ratings.
No he didn't. Miracles would've been clean sheets, which he rarely kept. Whereas Kyle does, whether that's a coincidence I don't know, but probably not.

And yeah probably deserves to be no.1 for next season now as another poster says.

Mar 16, 2009
London
argyleforever":2z3zrs66 said:
Justin":2z3zrs66 said:
argyleforever":2z3zrs66 said:
I agree. If Letheren was no.1 from start of season and Ruben was played more frequent at start of the season there's no doubt we'd be in and around the playoffs.

Does anyone know how Matt Macey got injured or if he's ok now? Doesn't matter as Leths has earnt his place.

I'm surprised Adams didnt drop Macey sooner, i'm actually annoyed it has taken him to get injured for Leths to get in the team.

Adams didn’t drop Macey.

I know he didnt't hence why i asked about his injury.. not sure how or when he got injured exactly? I think he 'should' have dropped macey though. letheran has got more commandment of his area and the defence or much more comfortable.

I don't care what anyone says, Letheran should have started the season as no.1 and in my opinion he is the better more experienced keeper than Macey

Macey is by far the better keeper. Also Matt has played for one of the country’s top sides. Depends how you define experience.

As I’ve said right from the start of our current run of form, Kyle deserves to keep his place while results and performances continue as they have been. As do pretty much the whole team.

May 8, 2011
Balham_Green":21dejjsk said:
HC Green":21dejjsk said:
Balham_Green":21dejjsk said:
HC Green":21dejjsk said:
argyleforever":21dejjsk said:
I agree. If Letheren was no.1 from start of season and Ruben was played more frequent at start of the season there's no doubt we'd be in and around the playoffs.

Does anyone know how Matt Macey got injured or if he's ok now? Doesn't matter as Leths has earnt his place.

I'm surprised Adams didnt drop Macey sooner, i'm actually annoyed it has taken him to get injured for Leths to get in the team.

Of the first 16 games of the season Lameiras played in 12, so you think that by not featuring in 4 games it’s affected our season?

Bit disingenuous there hc. Wasn't Lameiras sub in most of those games?

No, started in 8, came on as sub in the other 4.

So he only started in half of first 16 games. Thats more significant isnt it than trying to suggest he only didnt play in 4.

Not really as of the eight games he started we won 1, of the four he came on as sub we won 1 and of the four he didn’t play we won 1. Therefore did he as an individual have much impact on the results in the first 16 games.

Apr 4, 2010
Cornwall
Justin":1mwqpt3w said:
argyleforever":1mwqpt3w said:
Justin":1mwqpt3w said:
argyleforever":1mwqpt3w said:

Adams didn’t drop Macey.

I know he didnt't hence why i asked about his injury.. not sure how or when he got injured exactly? I think he 'should' have dropped macey though. letheran has got more commandment of his area and the defence or much more comfortable.

I don't care what anyone says, Letheran should have started the season as no.1 and in my opinion he is the better more experienced keeper than Macey

Macey is by far the better keeper. Also Matt has played for one of the country’s top sides. Depends how you define experience.

As I’ve said right from the start of our current run of form, Kyle deserves to keep his place while results and performances continue as they have been. As do pretty much the whole team.

Would you like me to change your username Mr Macey?

He was a woeful keeper and hopefully isn't required or called upon during the rest of his loan spell.

Sep 6, 2006
HC Green":lqq8a4wa said:
Balham_Green":lqq8a4wa said:
Balham_Green":lqq8a4wa said:
argyleforever":lqq8a4wa said:

Of the first 16 games of the season Lameiras played in 12, so you think that by not featuring in 4 games it’s affected our season?

Bit disingenuous there hc. Wasn't Lameiras sub in most of those games?

No, started in 8, came on as sub in the other 4.

So he only started in half of first 16 games. Thats more significant isnt it than trying to suggest he only didnt play in 4.

Not really as of the eight games he started we won 1, of the four he came on as sub we won 1 and of the four he didn’t play we won 1. Therefore did he as an individual have much impact on the results in the first 16 games.

As the player said himself when he has consistent run in the team he gains confidence.

JannerinCardiff

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
♣️ SWAG Member
Jul 16, 2018
Cardiff
Ollieargyle9":2u3zlgi4 said:
Justin":2u3zlgi4 said:
argyleforever":2u3zlgi4 said:
Justin":2u3zlgi4 said:
argyleforever":2u3zlgi4 said:

Adams didn’t drop Macey.

He was a woeful keeper and hopefully isn't required or called upon during the rest of his loan spell.

I wouldn’t say Macey was woeful, he did have some good performances imo. But I do prefer Letheren.

Mar 16, 2009
London
Pottypilgrim":qxmlm9zp said:
Cobi Budge":qxmlm9zp said:
Justin":qxmlm9zp said:
Balham_Green":qxmlm9zp said:
I am convinced Tafari Moore was a huge liability. That is definitely more than coincidence.

Yet again BG you’re the voice of reason.

Too many on here though are blinded by their own fixations.

Surely Justin that applies to you as well?

You seem a bit blinded by your love for Macey and because of that you feel you can't give Letheren any praise.

Absolutely spot on Cobi. Justin is one of those people that are just waiting and watching in the wings for Letheren to mess up. He will mess up eventually, all keepers do, I don't know of one that doesn't sometimes make the wrong decision. If he keeps the shirt for the rest of the season though, I'm pretty sure we'll look back and agree that overall Letheren will have done a good job. When I say 'we', I of course don't include Justin in that.

Oh Potty Potty Potty. If only I was that straightforward.

Luck has been with Kyle, in my opinion. His inclusion in the team coincided with the return of captain Sawyer, Canavan and Ryan’s recovery from illness. Finally we had a defence with experience and solidity. Possibly of even more importance was the return of the real Ruben. All of a sudden we were defending as a team. From the front.

Sep 6, 2006
Ollieargyle9":2em6tmko said:
Justin":2em6tmko said:
argyleforever":2em6tmko said:
Justin":2em6tmko said:
argyleforever":2em6tmko said:

Adams didn’t drop Macey.

Just shows how clueless some of the mods are. I dont remember Macey being beaten from 60 yards. Pretty sure nobody would have been defending him on here if he had.

davie nine

R.I.P
Jan 23, 2015
Plympton
I think you have defended Macey far more determinedly than Macey has defended our goalmouth, Justin. I was very concerned when Kyle Letheren came in to replace Macey but I have now been convinced. Your perseverance is now wearing a bit thin.
Letheren has proven, since he came into the side, that there are far more attributes to goalkeeping than being able to make the occasional ‘worldy’ save. Letheren has proved to be a more effective and valuable member of the team.
Macey may eventually become a decent keeper with more experience in the same way that Stockdale, Button and Walton, who all had spells at Home Park, have but he still has a lot to learn and maybe he is currently learning by watching Letheren perform from the bench.

Sep 2, 2008
Justin":379g4fe4 said:
argyleforever":379g4fe4 said:
Justin":379g4fe4 said:
argyleforever":379g4fe4 said:

Adams didn’t drop Macey.

I don't understand the relevance of this. There are many players that have started as youngsters in top sides that are now languishing in the lower/non leagues. We have a couple ourselves, one from Arsenal and one from Man City. It's not where you start that defines you as a player, its where you end up. Macey may have shown promise but the fact is that he's struggling to find a starting berth in a league one team. If he was so good then why is he not at least flirting with a Championship team? Your support for him his admirable but I feel it is out of loyalty of perhaps being a friend, if not that, then it's just blind ignorance. He is not a better keeper and I think in time you will find that if he continues in this profession then he will end up playing non league...if that.

Jun 2, 2016
Balham_Green":2ev13tlf said:
Ollieargyle9":2ev13tlf said:
Justin":2ev13tlf said:
argyleforever":2ev13tlf said:
Justin":2ev13tlf said:
argyleforever":2ev13tlf said:

Adams didn’t drop Macey.

Just shows how clueless some of the mods are. I dont remember Macey being beaten from 60 yards. Pretty sure nobody would have been defending him on here if he had.

Not worried about the 60 yarder. It's hardly going to happen every other game. However i am confident Letheren will learn from that and other mistakes. Which is something Macey was patently not doing. Letheren looks nailed on as a big bonus find for this and next season at least.

Sep 2, 2008
Balham_Green":jh6jby1z said:
Ollieargyle9":jh6jby1z said:
Justin":jh6jby1z said:
argyleforever":jh6jby1z said:
Justin":jh6jby1z said:
argyleforever":jh6jby1z said:

Adams didn’t drop Macey.

I bet you don't remember Macey fluffing one of his kicks either and passing it to an opposition player who eventually played a team mate in to score....think it was Bradford :think: . Not sure of the team tbh but my point is that Macey makes mistakes as well and you seem to be conveniently ignoring them.

Sep 6, 2006
Balham_Green":2lx7q7q8 said:
Ollieargyle9":2lx7q7q8 said:
Justin":2lx7q7q8 said:
argyleforever":2lx7q7q8 said:
Justin":2lx7q7q8 said:
argyleforever":2lx7q7q8 said:

Adams didn’t drop Macey.

I bet you don't remember Macey fluffing one of his kicks either and passing it to an opposition player who eventually played a team mate in to score....think it was Bradford :think: . Not sure of the team tbh but my point is that Macey makes mistakes as well and you seem to be conveniently ignoring them.[/quote]

Au contraire sir. Everybody is ignoring Letherens mistakes.

Mar 16, 2009
London
Pottypilgrim":18r0h3k2 said:
Justin":18r0h3k2 said:
argyleforever":18r0h3k2 said:
Justin":18r0h3k2 said:
argyleforever":18r0h3k2 said:

Adams didn’t drop Macey.

I don't understand the relevance of this. There are many players that have started as youngsters in top sides that are now languishing in the lower/non leagues. We have a couple ourselves, one from Arsenal and one from Man City. It's not where you start that defines you as a player, its where you end up. Macey may have shown promise but the fact is that he's struggling to find a starting berth in a league one team. If he was so good then why is he not at least flirting with a Championship team? Your support for him his admirable but I feel it is out of loyalty of perhaps being a friend, if not that, then it's just blind ignorance. He is not a better keeper and I think in time you will find that if he continues in this profession then he will end up playing non league...if that.

You don’t understand the relevance?

Let me explain.

Macey has played first team matches as a goalkeeper for Arsenal.

He was on the winnng side in both matches.

He looked accomplished and confident in both. His distribution was fine

You think that compares to playing youth team or U23 football?
Or even making an appearance as an outfield player for the first team?

JannerinCardiff

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
♣️ SWAG Member
Jul 16, 2018
Cardiff
Justin":1lowj4v6 said:
Pottypilgrim":1lowj4v6 said:
argyleforever":1lowj4v6 said:
argyleforever":1lowj4v6 said:

Adams didn’t drop Macey.

You don’t understand the relevance?

Let me explain.

Macey has played first team matches as a goalkeeper for Arsenal.

He was on the winnng side in both matches.

He looked accomplished and confident in both. His distribution was fine

You think that compares to playing youth team or U23 football?
Or even making an appearance as an outfield player for the first team?

If he had played the way you describe for Arsenal and not so inconsistent with shambolic kicking he wouldn’t be in the bench now for a L1 club.