Kyle Letheren BUMPED from Southend v Argyle match thread | Page 11 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Kyle Letheren BUMPED from Southend v Argyle match thread

Feb 12, 2019
Plymouth
Just because Macey was under the books for Arsenal doesn't make him a PL goalkeeper. In my opinion he's not at league one standard, and does not have enough experience to be playing as a league one goalkeeper.
I think non league or league two would suit him more.

It's no coincidence that we have only lost 1 in 8 games with Letheran in goal..

Sep 6, 2006
quote="Justin"]
Pottypilgrim":wvqafm7g said:
Justin":wvqafm7g said:
argyleforever":wvqafm7g said:
Justin":wvqafm7g said:
argyleforever":wvqafm7g said:
I agree. If Letheren was no.1 from start of season and Ruben was played more frequent at start of the season there's no doubt we'd be in and around the playoffs.

Does anyone know how Matt Macey got injured or if he's ok now? Doesn't matter as Leths has earnt his place.

I'm surprised Adams didnt drop Macey sooner, i'm actually annoyed it has taken him to get injured for Leths to get in the team.

Adams didn’t drop Macey.

I know he didnt't hence why i asked about his injury.. not sure how or when he got injured exactly? I think he 'should' have dropped macey though. letheran has got more commandment of his area and the defence or much more comfortable.

I don't care what anyone says, Letheran should have started the season as no.1 and in my opinion he is the better more experienced keeper than Macey

Macey is by far the better keeper. Also Matt has played for one of the country’s top sides. Depends how you define experience.

As I’ve said right from the start of our current run of form, Kyle deserves to keep his place while results and performances continue as they have been. As do pretty much the whole team.

I don't understand the relevance of this. There are many players that have started as youngsters in top sides that are now languishing in the lower/non leagues. We have a couple ourselves, one from Arsenal and one from Man City. It's not where you start that defines you as a player, its where you end up. Macey may have shown promise but the fact is that he's struggling to find a starting berth in a league one team. If he was so good then why is he not at least flirting with a Championship team? Your support for him his admirable but I feel it is out of loyalty of perhaps being a friend, if not that, then it's just blind ignorance. He is not a better keeper and I think in time you will find that if he continues in this profession then he will end up playing non league...if that.

You don’t understand the relevance?

Let me explain.

Macey has played first team matches as a goalkeeper for Arsenal.

He was on the winnng side in both matches.

He looked accomplished and confident in both. His distribution was fine

You think that compares to playing youth team or U23 football?
Or even making an appearance as an outfield player for the first team?[/quote]

If he had played the way you describe for Arsenal and not so inconsistent with shambolic kicking he wouldn’t be in the bench now for a L1 club.[/quote]

Perhaps because he was playing behind a shambolic defence including clueless Tafari Moore(Non league player) and then got injured.

Oct 31, 2015
Justin":19ork7t1 said:
Pottypilgrim":19ork7t1 said:
argyleforever":19ork7t1 said:
argyleforever":19ork7t1 said:
I agree. If Letheren was no.1 from start of season and Ruben was played more frequent at start of the season there's no doubt we'd be in and around the playoffs.

Does anyone know how Matt Macey got injured or if he's ok now? Doesn't matter as Leths has earnt his place.

I'm surprised Adams didnt drop Macey sooner, i'm actually annoyed it has taken him to get injured for Leths to get in the team.

Adams didn’t drop Macey.

I know he didnt't hence why i asked about his injury.. not sure how or when he got injured exactly? I think he 'should' have dropped macey though. letheran has got more commandment of his area and the defence or much more comfortable.

I don't care what anyone says, Letheran should have started the season as no.1 and in my opinion he is the better more experienced keeper than Macey

Macey is by far the better keeper. Also Matt has played for one of the country’s top sides. Depends how you define experience.

As I’ve said right from the start of our current run of form, Kyle deserves to keep his place while results and performances continue as they have been. As do pretty much the whole team.

I don't understand the relevance of this. There are many players that have started as youngsters in top sides that are now languishing in the lower/non leagues. We have a couple ourselves, one from Arsenal and one from Man City. It's not where you start that defines you as a player, its where you end up. Macey may have shown promise but the fact is that he's struggling to find a starting berth in a league one team. If he was so good then why is he not at least flirting with a Championship team? Your support for him his admirable but I feel it is out of loyalty of perhaps being a friend, if not that, then it's just blind ignorance. He is not a better keeper and I think in time you will find that if he continues in this profession then he will end up playing non league...if that.

You don’t understand the relevance?

Let me explain.

Macey has played first team matches as a goalkeeper for Arsenal.

He was on the winnng side in both matches.

He looked accomplished and confident in both. His distribution was fine

You think that compares to playing youth team or U23 football?
Or even making an appearance as an outfield player for the first team?

What has your statement above got to do with Letheren?

Macey may have played ok in those games for Arsenal and may have played first team for Arsenal twice but he has not performed to his highest level for ARGYLE.

After seeing Letheren against Swindon I wondered why Luke was propping up the other goal and was worried. Luckily I needed had been.

You have a go at Letheren for that youngsters 60 yard shot which like you I believe was partly his fault but that pales into insignificance when Macey pads the ball back onto his own 6 yard box, passes to an opposing player, can't command his back 4, is poor at crosses even with his height, kicking is awful and distribution worse.

Yep he did well in 2 X games for the gooners but boy he has struggled at 3rd division football.

Oh and he struggled with similar woes last season out on loan as well.

I would give it up and just keep your opinion as most of us don't get your argument

Sep 6, 2006
argyleforever":8hzjcziy said:
Just because Macey was under the books for Arsenal doesn't make him a PL goalkeeper. In my opinion he's not at league one standard, and does not have enough experience to be playing as a league one goalkeeper.

And just a complete coincidence that we have a settled defence I suppose!?

Apr 15, 2008
London
Greenarmy11":3d5q4k4j said:
Macey is crap. End of

When he signed, I expressed some enthusiasm to a Luton-supporting mate about how we had "Got an Arsenal keeper who sounds pretty good." He replied, "That's what I thought until I saw him play." No argument from me.

Oct 18, 2010
St Judes
Balham_Green":1bgb5oip said:
argyleforever":1bgb5oip said:

Yeah but maybe it's settled because of Letheren. He settles them down and therefore Derek has no need to chop and change the defence.

Oct 18, 2010
St Judes
crownhillpilgrim":l1jbyn8v said:
Greenarmy11":l1jbyn8v said:
Macey is crap. End of

When he signed, I expressed some enthusiasm to a Luton-supporting mate about how we had "Got an Arsenal keeper who sounds pretty good." He replied, "That's what I thought until I saw him play." No argument from me.
Good analogy. If only Letheren had started the season we'd be probably in the top 3.

GreenThing

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Sep 13, 2003
Plymouth
r4h4al":89js1djc said:
crownhillpilgrim":89js1djc said:
Greenarmy11":89js1djc said:
Macey is crap. End of

Good analogy. If only Letheren had started the season we'd be probably in the top 3.

Is agree, but hindsight is a wonderful thing. The glimpses I’d seen of Letheren, I wouldn’t have had him anywhere near the first team but he has proved me wrong and with the crystal ball in action, I would have started him at the start of the season.

JannerinCardiff

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
♣️ SWAG Member
Jul 16, 2018
Cardiff
r4h4al":36go4dtj said:
crownhillpilgrim":36go4dtj said:
Greenarmy11":36go4dtj said:
Macey is crap. End of

Maybe not top 3 but quite likely top half and we could still have a season worth playing for by being 9-10 pts from a play off position with 13 games to go.

Sep 6, 2006
r4h4al":1kmrn6fo said:
Balham_Green":1kmrn6fo said:
argyleforever":1kmrn6fo said:

Yeah but maybe it's settled because of Letheren. He settles them down and therefore Derek has no need to chop and change the defence.

No its settled because of the return of players from injury. How hard is that to understand?