Kyle Letheren BUMPED from Southend v Argyle match thread | Page 12 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Kyle Letheren BUMPED from Southend v Argyle match thread

Sep 6, 2006
GreenThing":3d1xttsl said:
r4h4al":3d1xttsl said:
crownhillpilgrim":3d1xttsl said:
Greenarmy11":3d1xttsl said:
Macey is crap. End of

When he signed, I expressed some enthusiasm to a Luton-supporting mate about how we had "Got an Arsenal keeper who sounds pretty good." He replied, "That's what I thought until I saw him play." No argument from me.
Good analogy. If only Letheren had started the season we'd be probably in the top 3.

Is agree, but hindsight is a wonderful thing. The glimpses I’d seen of Letheren, I wouldn’t have had him anywhere near the first team but he has proved me wrong and with the crystal ball in action, I would have started him at the start of the season.

He he. Pasoti is certainly entertaining sometimes. Some of the views are so preposterous you have to laugh.

davie nine

R.I.P
Jan 23, 2015
Plympton
Balham_Green":nf12ssir said:
GreenThing":nf12ssir said:
r4h4al":nf12ssir said:
crownhillpilgrim":nf12ssir said:
Greenarmy11":nf12ssir said:
Macey is crap. End of

When he signed, I expressed some enthusiasm to a Luton-supporting mate about how we had "Got an Arsenal keeper who sounds pretty good." He replied, "That's what I thought until I saw him play." No argument from me.
Good analogy. If only Letheren had started the season we'd be probably in the top 3.

Is agree, but hindsight is a wonderful thing. The glimpses I’d seen of Letheren, I wouldn’t have had him anywhere near the first team but he has proved me wrong and with the crystal ball in action, I would have started him at the start of the season.

He he. Pasoti is certainly entertaining sometimes. Some of the views are so preposterous you have to laugh.
I’m not sure what your problem is with Letheren. I was not convinced by him because he appeared nervous in the Oxford and Southend games and he was not tested much in other games. I was also concerned about reports of his performances in the Checkatrade Trophy games. However, he has made some decent saves in the last few games and, having watched the extended highlights of the Bradford game, I thought he made 2 excellent saves.
Apart from anything else, he looks much fitter since his extended run in the first team.

Sep 6, 2006
davie nine":2uf8a0sn said:
Balham_Green":2uf8a0sn said:
GreenThing":2uf8a0sn said:
r4h4al":2uf8a0sn said:
crownhillpilgrim":2uf8a0sn said:
Greenarmy11":2uf8a0sn said:
Macey is crap. End of

I’m not sure what your problem is with Letheren. I was not convinced by him because he appeared nervous in the Oxford and Southend games and he was not tested much in other games. I was also concerned about reports of his performances in the Checkatrade Trophy games. However, he has made some decent saves in the last few games and, having watched the extended highlights of the Bradford game, I thought he made 2 excellent saves.
Apart from anything else, he looks much fitter since his extended run in the first team.

No problem with him but to suggest we would be in the top 3 with him from season's start is ludicrous.

Pogleswoody

R.I.P
Jul 3, 2006
Location Location
crownhillpilgrim":ckdopq5k said:
Greenarmy11":ckdopq5k said:
Macey is crap. End of

This will be the Luton that have James Shea as their keeper? Who was an Arsenal keeper loaned out to Southampton and Dagenham & Redbridge before being released and signed by Harrow Borough? No-one knows how 'good' Macey really is or where his career will go. Whilst he plays for us I don't slag him off! :clap:

Oct 3, 2003
Dundee
Hardly slagging is it.

Easy summer for Adams though, can field a few of them three foot Tyrion Tynans next season and still win provided Letheren's fit.

Oct 18, 2010
St Judes
Balham_Green":oc4qx4t2 said:
r4h4al":oc4qx4t2 said:
Balham_Green":oc4qx4t2 said:
argyleforever":oc4qx4t2 said:
Just because Macey was under the books for Arsenal doesn't make him a PL goalkeeper. In my opinion he's not at league one standard, and does not have enough experience to be playing as a league one goalkeeper.
I think non league or league two would suit him more.

It's no coincidence that we have only lost 1 in 8 games with Letheran in goal..

And just a complete coincidence that we have a settled defence I suppose!?
Yeah but maybe it's settled because of Letheren. He settles them down and therefore Derek has no need to chop and change the defence.

No its settled because of the return of players from injury. How hard is that to understand?
It was the same defence when Macey played though except Moore for Sawyer, so I think you're wrong really.

Emu

Oct 3, 2003
Sarf London
r4h4al":1dl21a4a said:
Balham_Green":1dl21a4a said:
argyleforever":1dl21a4a said:
Just because Macey was under the books for Arsenal doesn't make him a PL goalkeeper. In my opinion he's not at league one standard, and does not have enough experience to be playing as a league one goalkeeper.

Yeah but maybe it's settled because of Letheren. He settles them down and therefore Derek has no need to chop and change the defence.

Exactly. Nail. Head.

Sep 6, 2006
r4h4al":3pb1szjf said:
Balham_Green":3pb1szjf said:
r4h4al":3pb1szjf said:
Balham_Green":3pb1szjf said:
argyleforever":3pb1szjf said:

No its settled because of the return of players from injury. How hard is that to understand?
It was the same defence when Macey played though except Moore for Sawyer, so I think you're wrong really.

It wasn' t though was it? Check your facts. Defence changed regularly. Canavan was injured, Wooton has been playing, Songo'o was playing at the back etc etc... So how was it the same defence?! Also getting rid of Moore was massive anyway as we were effectively playing with 3 defenders.