Latest from the Chairman | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Latest from the Chairman

Would you purchase shares in the club?

• Yes

Votes: 81 69.8%
  • No

Votes: 21 18.1%
  • Undecided

Votes: 14 12.1%

• Total voters
Mar 24, 2019
oldage":rgcbjhzw said:
"Our football management team will continue to have our support even if results are weak for a short period. So long as they continue to learn "......
Wonder what SH considers to be a short period? When will he realise Lowe and Co are not learning?
Promotion then survival ..what a disastrous 2 seasons it’s been :lol: ....thank god we’ve got somebody level headed running our club

Argylegames

Administrator
Staff member
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Jun 12, 2006
Hampshire, UK
www.argylegames.org.uk
Never bought shares in my life and never will.

That said, the ones my last company gave me paid for the retirement hybrid.

davie nine

R.I.P
Jan 23, 2015
Plympton
“....we continue to make affordable investments in high quality coaching.....”
Is that a reference to a defensive coach for the senior team or is it coaching for the Academy?

Dorset Green

✅ Evergreen
Feb 8, 2009
Bridport
All good stuff from Simon Hallett as usual. He has an amazing business mind. As pointed out by an earlier poster the management team don't have a blank cheque for the future, there are expectations they learn and develop, etc. I think a continuation of Argyle's end of season form would not be tolerated for very long..

Feb 8, 2005
Dorset Pilgrim":19v367ri said:
All good stuff from Simon Hallett as usual. He has an amazing business mind. As pointed out by an earlier poster the management team don't have a blank cheque for the future, there are expectations they learn and develop, etc. I think a continuation of Argyle's end of season form would not be tolerated for very long..

A quote earlier in the statement:

Our football management team will continue to have our support, even if results are weak for a short period. So long as they continue to show that they are willing to learn, embrace better processes, and maintain good relationships with the board and with our fans, that will satisfy us.

The question should be "How long is 'short period'?"

Hope we don 't get to find out.

Come on, let's be positive for a change.

The management of the first team will require a 'short period of time' in order to get the incomings used to what is required and for the whole team/squad to gel.

So let's not get on their backs straight away, eh?

jerryatricjanner

✅ Evergreen
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Apr 22, 2006
doozer":2q72og4l said:
oldage":2q72og4l said:
"Our football management team will continue to have our support even if results are weak for a short period. So long as they continue to learn "......
Wonder what SH considers to be a short period? When will he realise Lowe and Co are not learning?
Promotion then survival ..what a disastrous 2 seasons it’s been :lol: ....thank god we’ve got somebody level headed running our club
Indeed Doozer, just imagine if Man United had sacked Ferguson which they were on the verge of doing in his second season. As Mr Hallett says it was an abnormal close season last season and he had to be careful with the finances. He indicates that there are some reserves which will give us a bigger budget and more time to assemble the right squad this summer. I think we will know by Xmas if Mr Hallett's faith is well founded.

Feb 8, 2005
That seems a reasonable period of time in which to assess how the management team are doing.

Long-termism, not short-termism is the way the current board and staff are going, although I expect there will still be those on here who will make their judgement of the management team after just the first month, I'm sure, especially if things aren't going too well!!

P

Paranoid Android

oldage":3nhey03u said:

4 at the back?

Apr 1, 2009
The share issue one is an interesting question. It's something that crops up from time to time at Fans Forums, and there are obviously fans who would like to own some shares in Argyle.

I'd see it as more of an emotional investment than a financial one. If you have a bit of spare money and are looking for a combination of growth, income and security then inevitably there are better financial investment possibilities. If however the notion of holding a very small part of your football club is important, the sum you invest is one you can afford to be relatively dormant, and there was an incentive of a few minor shareholder perks, I can see the attraction.

I'd certainly have a read of anything Mr Hallett offered.

Jan 4, 2016
What a pleasure to read an article written by an individual who obviously has 'green blood', the financial means and the business acumen to put the club on a sustainable road to, hopefully, better things. The complete antithesis of those Chairmen in the Premier league who completely ignored their fanbase!

As a supporter of 50 yrs + I can honestly say I have never felt more optimistic about the club's future. My father (a life long supporter) died before his dream of seeing Argyle in the 1st Division materialised, I still hope that it will be achieved in my lifetime!

I will certainly buy a share(s), not in the expectation of any financial return but to strengthen my emotional ties with the club and region.

COYG :scarf:

Jan 4, 2016
What a pleasure to read an article written by an individual who obviously has 'green blood', the financial means and the business acumen to put the club on a sustainable road to, hopefully, better things. The complete antithesis of those Chairmen in the Premier league who completely ignored their fanbase!

As a supporter of 50 yrs + I can honestly say I have never felt more optimistic about the club's future. My father (a life long supporter) died before his dream of seeing Argyle in the 1st Division materialised, I still hope that it will be achieved in my lifetime!

I will certainly buy a share(s), not in the expectation of any financial return but to strengthen my emotional ties with the club and region.

Jan 4, 2016

Jul 12, 2016
doozer":1n732ujc said:
oldage":1n732ujc said:
Time will tell.

Mar 21, 2010
Plymouth
oldage":3a6mqxpj said:
doozer":3a6mqxpj said:
oldage":3a6mqxpj said:
Time will tell.

What a wonderful example you are to the world oldage , why bother waking up with a sunny ☀️ positive outlook on life , when you can drag yourself from a miserable nights sleep to cast doom and gloom from under your big black cloud .

Oct 20, 2015
Steve Evans":36q2p0rv said:
really good read.very interested in buying shares.

Yep, me too. This isn't from the point of view of profit. It's more about helping the club. As an exile a season ticket is of no use to me, and apart from the occasional visits and some merch there's little I can contribute.

The pandemic's 'silver lining' for us has been the ability to watch every game on iFollow. And knowing that some of that £10 is finding its way back to the club. Hopefully the new Argyle app will be more profitable for the club.

Reading Simon Hallett's words brings home the 'bigger picture' and I feel better about the future and less willing to dwell on the recent past. I'd rather finish 18th knowing that we've got secure foundations, than finish 10th and not know where our next rent cheque is coming from.