Latest from the Chairman | Page 4 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Latest from the Chairman

Would you purchase shares in the club?

• Yes

Votes: 81 69.8%
  • No

Votes: 21 18.1%
  • Undecided

Votes: 14 12.1%

• Total voters

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
I'd have a few just like I did last time. It does feel that you have a tangible attachment to the football club, which is probably silly but that's just the way I always felt about it.

As for a fan on a board, not a chance, the person would be given a poison chalice in my book. Not trusted to know sensitive information and the same for factions of Argyle fans, they'd simply turn on him/her.

A nice PR touch though and many of us would do it. Especially if we received an old copper plate style share certificate. It's the those little things that please some of us.

oddball

Pasoti Quiz Winner
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Dec 30, 2004
I was a shareholder in the former PAFC that went bust and apart from the novelty value of owner shares in the club it was a complete waste of time....never made a profit on my shareholding nor received a dividend and in the end my shares were worthless....

Ponty

English and proud of it
Staff member
R.I.P
Sep 27, 2006
Plymouth
oddball":s6babfki said:
I was a shareholder in the former PAFC that went bust and apart from the novelty value of owner shares in the club it was a complete waste of time....never made a profit on my shareholding nor received a dividend and in the end my shares were worthless....
Yeah I lost a fortune too, a tenner to be precise but it was a lovely peice of paper to treasure.

Bubba

Administrator
Staff member
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
Pasoti Quiz Champions
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Nov 26, 2006
oddball":ojzg4glq said:

They are selling your boxers In the club shop now though Al, surely that’s ample compensation?

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
:lol:

I reckon Alan's has got 5 pairs which he alternates, and has had them from 1984. Am I right Alan? :greensmile:

P

Paranoid Android

Brechin Hedge":mj47a6r0 said:
so are the shares for sale:

-a new issue which will put money into the club for use by the club; or

-a sale of existing shares to put money into the existing shareholders pockets?

If the latter will the directors disclose how much they were bought for so that any potential investor can assess if they are seeking to profit. I am confident in the new era of transparency all will be revealed..

Not everything is as it may at first seem..

Are you serious.

oddball

Pasoti Quiz Winner
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Dec 30, 2004
IJN...I am a briefs man rather than boxers........and no not even on commission.....what happened to image rights....

Dec 30, 2020
gaspargomez":1qymyntk said:
The 'fans' are a collection of individuals, each with separate views. There is no single fan voice.

Having a nominated 'fan' on the board would add very little. I would want the boardroom to comprise individuals who have relevant skills or resources to offer- just being a fan is not enough in its own right.

On the face of it, Roy Gardiner, Keith Todd and George Synan had relevant skills and resources to offer. Simon Hallett may be a different type of character and a lifelong Argyle fan, but so was Paul Stapleton, who sold the club to Todd et al.

The reservations about 'just being a fan' are easily addressed. The fans representative wouldn't be a name pulled out of a hat, but someone elected on the basis of their experience, insights and capability. They wouldn't have to simultaneously act as the mouthpiece for a ten thousand different opinions, in much the same way that your MP doesn't simultaneously hold the views of each of their constituents. They'd use their own judgement to input on the big strategic decisions taken by Argyle, knowing that they're accountable to other supporters and subject to re-election according to agreed rules at the end of their term.

Under the current stewardship the club is in good hands, but Hallett isn't going to be chairman forever. With the governance of football under the microscope at the moment, there's a heightened chance of some reforms going through. Having informed fans representatives on boards would be one I'd encourage as a useful early warning system against future Keith Todds.

max

Jan 5, 2012
PORTSMOUTH
A heartening statement from the Chairman giving great optimism for the future.
Just one sentence I didn't get. "as well as to watching a match, when allowed, with our own four-camera system".
when allowed, in what way?
MAX

Feb 8, 2005
I assume that the Club cannot just decide to show live matches without the approval of the EFL, which they have not yet asked for.

May 8, 2011
max":36lgz1f6 said:
A heartening statement from the Chairman giving great optimism for the future.
Just one sentence I didn't get. "as well as to watching a match, when allowed, with our own four-camera system".
when allowed, in what way?
MAX

If a game is televised by Sky then it currently can’t be shown on iFollow so I assume the same rule applies if the Club uses its own streaming service.

Kevin Gollop

🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
Sep 24, 2003
Plymouth
max":qzm63tnp said:
I would have assumed that this would already have been completed prior to cutting links with ifollow.
MAX

Presumably, but Saturday 3pm matches could be off the table if and when grounds are able to operate at full capacity again.

May 27, 2021
I would be very interested in a share offer if it is rolled out in a similar fashion to Stevenage's share offer a few years back.

Shareholders will share in the Club’s success through unique dividends only available to new investors. They will receive a 25 per cent dividend upon promotion to EFL League One, and an additional 75 per cent dividend if the Club reaches the EFL Championship. They will also get voting rights on a one share one vote basis, and will be consulted on key issues relating to the Club’s identity, such as kit design, Club colours and the location of the stadium.

https://www.wealthadviser.co/2019/06/12 ... ing-tifosy