Latest from the Chairman | Page 5 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Latest from the Chairman

Would you purchase shares in the club?

• Yes

Votes: 81 69.8%
  • No

Votes: 21 18.1%
  • Undecided

Votes: 14 12.1%

• Total voters
May 27, 2021
In fact, I have contacted Tifosy to inquire about whether or not they are involved with Hallett and Plymouth Argyle regarding the future share offer plans. All they said back was something to the effect of "more information will be made public later in the summer."

C

Cult Of Personality

I would like to buy 1 share. Purley to say I own a small bit of Plymouth Argyle .

Jun 7, 2006
Bubba":2h2bybby said:
oddball":2h2bybby said:
I was a shareholder in the former PAFC that went bust and apart from the novelty value of owner shares in the club it was a complete waste of time....never made a profit on my shareholding nor received a dividend and in the end my shares were worthless....

I think most people are aware that investing in a football club isn't likely to give a financial return. Regardless I would still be interested. All investments in shares can potentially end up being worthless.

davie nine

R.I.P
Jan 23, 2015
Plympton
I am interested simply to feel that I own a small part of MY club.
I would not expect to receive any financial benefit from ownership. Certainly, not while Simon Hallett is the owner.

oddball

Pasoti Quiz Winner
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Dec 30, 2004
In order to prevent the club and it's registrar from being over run with fans wanting to buy just a few shares as novelty value,for you will never make a financial return,then I fully expect the club if it does decide to issue shares,to have a minimum subscription of around £2500 worth of shares,in order to make the issuing of shares financially viable for the club....novelty value will then come at a price.....

Dorset Green

✅ Evergreen
Feb 8, 2009
Bridport
Owning shares is a means of supporting a club financially. It does give the shareholder a stake in the club, albeit small, and while it may have certain benefits such as the right to attend meetings it's value is limited, it's very unlikely to be an investment that will make a financial return unless an interested party seeks to buy a large number of shares from ordinary fans.

However if you band together with other shareholders, say through a supporters trust then those small individual shareholdings may in total be big enough to have some influence on the club's decisions and future direction.

I'll probably buy some shares if the opportunity arises, partly to feel I've got a tangible personal stake in Argyle but also to support the Chairman in his efforts to further develop the club.

RuralGreen

✅ Evergreen
Feb 13, 2021
oddball":gz8910t4 said:
In order to prevent the club and it's registrar from being over run with fans wanting to buy just a few shares as novelty value,for you will never make a financial return,then I fully expect the club if it does decide to issue shares,to have a minimum subscription of around £2500 worth of shares,in order to make the issuing of shares financially viable for the club....novelty value will then come at a price.....

I agree that the club will likely have a minimum stock requirement, but I think £2500 is unlikely to be the figure (appreciate it may have been a hypothetical).

£50 minimum at £2 a share perhaps. Unsure what class the shares will be and if they will come with voting rights. If so, agm may need to be held in the lyndhurst using the sound system!