Lowe in talks with Argyle (Confirmed) | Page 133 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Lowe in talks with Argyle (Confirmed)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 4, 2015
Ford
Cult Of Personality":13f4pp04 said:
Think the excitement of hiring Lowe has been lost among the Green Army and now its just a case of just get it sorted.. Always feel the Argyle media department lacks something and comes across as trying to wind fans up then get them on side
I'm afraid, for me, it never reached those heights. :silent: Holloway would have been the appointment to have that effect, I suspect. :thumbup:

Aug 17, 2011
Kings Tamerton
Guiri Green":21i3xnpt said:
Ade the green":21i3xnpt said:
Willis88":21i3xnpt said:
davie nine":21i3xnpt said:
I agree that the Board owes us a progress update.

Ahh yes the board "owes" us an update.

Damn them for intentionally keeping us in the dark about a confidential commercial issue.

When they're ready to announce something they will. They've got no obligation to update you or me or any other fan on anything.

I would take the no news as good news, if we had moved on we would have heard from another club allowing us to talk to their manager, or if RL had declined we would have known that.

Maybe, just maybe, there's something sensitive blocking the announcement.

Have you never heard of them hookie sales when an IPad is sold for a fiver and then 10-15 “mystery” bundles are sold for £20 for the promise of another iPad. That’s what the club has/is doing when people are paying out for STs without knowing what they’re getting for it. Yes, the club does owe the fans something.

As for a statement today, yes/no but again it comes from people second guessing and adding flavour and calling it fact. I don’t know if there will be anything to announce but there’s are more than a few on here claiming that Lowe has been working hard recruiting players, talking to all and sundry with no clarification or justification it seems.

When I bought my ST, Derek Adams was still (on paper) in charge. I don't think I was alone in knowing what I was getting at the time. Things have changed since then but I honestly don't feel short changed by not knowing what's going on.

Buyer beware - I took the risk. Not sure how the Club can be perceived to be duping anyone. They've not said anything ! No hints at a top manager, just their stated objectives and requirements in the recruitment process.

If anybody is stalling a ST purchase based on possible Manager recruitment, then maybe underperforming L2 Football Clubs aren't for them.

Good for you but there was people who stalled on buying an ST because they didn’t want to see another season like last season with Adams in charge. There were people who decided to buy a season ticket once Adams left and still some more when the first blooms of rumour about the candidates was known.

5 weeks later and we still don’t know who next season’s manager is let alone style or substance and there may be a few regretting their decision (I won’t speak for them). That you don’t seem to care that we’ve 2-3 weeks before players report and we don’t know these things are the reason we got relegated last season because no-one understood how bad it was and how bad it was going to get.

We’re in league two now and another bad season will us drop out of league football. It’s happened to clubs with a richer history than us and those teams thought they were prepped.

cheshiregreen

✅ Evergreen
Feb 17, 2004
cheshire
Argyleloyal87":p14mzlz0 said:
Pogleswoody":p14mzlz0 said:
Argyleloyal87":p14mzlz0 said:
David1953":p14mzlz0 said:
Bury captain Nicky Adams has just announced he's leaving Bury to take up a new challange.

He had no choice but to leave them. He signed a new deal in March and the football league rejected it and he didn’t find out till a week after season ended.

But ... if Lowe was staying there? Surely Adams would wait? :think:

Well not really because he joined them again last summer on a one year deal and March this year signed and extension and like I said, the football league rejected it!

Joined Northampton

https://twitter.com/ntfc/status/1136256 ... 66371?s=19

Apr 1, 2009
Stuart House":j50ornp5 said:
You're missing the point. We don't want details just something to calm the nerves.

We are five weeks on, three from pre-season, no manager, no re-signed players, no new players.

They're may be loads happening at the club that we do not know about. And that is fine. But we do not know about it so we can't take this for granted.

We are customers and pay the way. We ARE entitled to an update.

What exactly do you expect the club to say to calm your nerves? All they might be able to say is something along the lines of "we are in negotiation with a candidate, and associated parties, and hope to conclude negotiations as soon as possible". How's that going to make any difference? They may even have an agreement with another party not to say anything whilst negotiations continue. Even if this is not the case, to say anything factual at all might jeopardise what they are trying to achieve, particularly as the Bury Chairman is somewhat unstable.

There's no evidence that the delay is the fault of Argyle. Yet this "I need", "we are owed", "me me me ", "say something" ,culture is being used to attack the Board at a time when they have more important things to think about.

Aug 23, 2009
Southway
The club is being run with the utmost professionalism. We may not always like it as fans but it’s a good thing that there aren’t constant leaks coming out of the good ship Mayflower. This hasn’t always been the case.

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010

It must be a right pain dealing with the Bury chairman.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
Alan Nixon tweeted that Nicky Adams would go to Salford or 'Plymouth'. :facepalm: :greensmile:

Aug 17, 2011
Kings Tamerton
PL2 3DQ":3oz9o734 said:

It must be a right pain dealing with the Bury chairman.

Regardless, where do we go from here? Can we continue to wait on the chance that nothing better will turn up for Lowe and how long into the pre-season can’t we afford to go?

Aug 17, 2011
Kings Tamerton
SatisfiedinSouthway":2jmeinqo said:
The club is being run with the utmost professionalism. We may not always like it as fans but it’s a good thing that there aren’t constant leaks coming out of the good ship Mayflower. This hasn’t always been the case.

Or it could be there’s no leaks because there’s nothing to leak.

Aug 23, 2009
Southway
Ade the green":2yz9e3ku said:
SatisfiedinSouthway":2yz9e3ku said:

Or it could be there’s no leaks because there’s nothing to leak.

There would be plenty to leak. There has been interviews , what we don’t know is who was the boards favourites , who didn’t impress , etc.

The truth is we are on a need to know basis ......

Jan 8, 2006
Bristol
What is the deadline then? Do we just sit and wait? Hope nothing goes wrong?

Time Kills Deals.

At what point do we go to number two on the list? Who at which point would probably tell us to bugger off, and rightly so.

Facts are facts, and right now we have no manager, with three weeks to pre-season. What ever the reasoning that is a perilous situation to be in with what appears to be no end in sight.

And that's skirting around the fact that there is a split consensus as to if Lowe is even worth all this hassle.

May 16, 2016
Ade the green":3hkqxhmb said:
Guiri Green":3hkqxhmb said:
Ade the green":3hkqxhmb said:
Willis88":3hkqxhmb said:
davie nine":3hkqxhmb said:
I agree that the Board owes us a progress update.

Ahh yes the board "owes" us an update.

Damn them for intentionally keeping us in the dark about a confidential commercial issue.

When they're ready to announce something they will. They've got no obligation to update you or me or any other fan on anything.

I would take the no news as good news, if we had moved on we would have heard from another club allowing us to talk to their manager, or if RL had declined we would have known that.

Maybe, just maybe, there's something sensitive blocking the announcement.

Have you never heard of them hookie sales when an IPad is sold for a fiver and then 10-15 “mystery” bundles are sold for £20 for the promise of another iPad. That’s what the club has/is doing when people are paying out for STs without knowing what they’re getting for it. Yes, the club does owe the fans something.

As for a statement today, yes/no but again it comes from people second guessing and adding flavour and calling it fact. I don’t know if there will be anything to announce but there’s are more than a few on here claiming that Lowe has been working hard recruiting players, talking to all and sundry with no clarification or justification it seems.

When I bought my ST, Derek Adams was still (on paper) in charge. I don't think I was alone in knowing what I was getting at the time. Things have changed since then but I honestly don't feel short changed by not knowing what's going on.

Buyer beware - I took the risk. Not sure how the Club can be perceived to be duping anyone. They've not said anything ! No hints at a top manager, just their stated objectives and requirements in the recruitment process.

If anybody is stalling a ST purchase based on possible Manager recruitment, then maybe underperforming L2 Football Clubs aren't for them.

Good for you but there was people who stalled on buying an ST because they didn’t want to see another season like last season with Adams in charge. There were people who decided to buy a season ticket once Adams left and still some more when the first blooms of rumour about the candidates was known.

5 weeks later and we still don’t know who next season’s manager is let alone style or substance and there may be a few regretting their decision (I won’t speak for them). That you don’t seem to care that we’ve 2-3 weeks before players report and we don’t know these things are the reason we got relegated last season because no-one understood how bad it was and how bad it was going to get.

We’re in league two now and another bad season will us drop out of league football. It’s happened to clubs with a richer history than us and those teams thought they were prepped.

We got relegated because I bought an Early Bird ST last Year ? Not sure how somebody buying / not buying a ST improves the quality of Squad or Seasons performance. We might well get relegated again, but it won't be my fault will it ?

Status
Not open for further replies.