Lowe in talks with Argyle (Confirmed) | Page 134 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Lowe in talks with Argyle (Confirmed)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 7, 2006
On secondment in Kent
Stuart House":3w3lm235 said:
What is the deadline then? Do we just sit and wait? Hope nothing goes wrong?

Time Kills Deals.

At what point do we go to number two on the list? Who at which point would probably tell us to bugger off, and rightly so.

Facts are facts, and right now we have no manager, with three weeks to pre-season. What ever the reasoning that is a perilous situation to be in with what appears to be no end in sight.

And that's skirting around the fact that there is a split consensus as to if Lowe is even worth all this hassle.

Any appointment would split the fan base. Thatā€™s the joy of trying to please 10k people who think they know best.

Holloway would have been loved by half and hated by half. Lowe will probably be loved by a quarter and ā€œmehā€ for three quarters.

Reactions: The Pasty Kid
Mar 23, 2008
PL2 3DQ":2gse3eow said:

It must be a right pain dealing with the Bury chairman.
Sounds like he wants to have hi cake and eat it, not pay people yet demand money from others. I would've thought a decent lawyer would smash any claim he has to smithereens.

Aug 17, 2011
Kings Tamerton
Guiri Green":3ebc2om1 said:
Ade the green":3ebc2om1 said:
Guiri Green":3ebc2om1 said:
Ade the green":3ebc2om1 said:
Willis88":3ebc2om1 said:
davie nine":3ebc2om1 said:
I agree that the Board owes us a progress update.

Ahh yes the board "owes" us an update.

Damn them for intentionally keeping us in the dark about a confidential commercial issue.

When they're ready to announce something they will. They've got no obligation to update you or me or any other fan on anything.

I would take the no news as good news, if we had moved on we would have heard from another club allowing us to talk to their manager, or if RL had declined we would have known that.

Maybe, just maybe, there's something sensitive blocking the announcement.

Have you never heard of them hookie sales when an IPad is sold for a fiver and then 10-15 ā€œmysteryā€ bundles are sold for Ā£20 for the promise of another iPad. Thatā€™s what the club has/is doing when people are paying out for STs without knowing what theyā€™re getting for it. Yes, the club does owe the fans something.

As for a statement today, yes/no but again it comes from people second guessing and adding flavour and calling it fact. I donā€™t know if there will be anything to announce but thereā€™s are more than a few on here claiming that Lowe has been working hard recruiting players, talking to all and sundry with no clarification or justification it seems.

When I bought my ST, Derek Adams was still (on paper) in charge. I don't think I was alone in knowing what I was getting at the time. Things have changed since then but I honestly don't feel short changed by not knowing what's going on.

Buyer beware - I took the risk. Not sure how the Club can be perceived to be duping anyone. They've not said anything ! No hints at a top manager, just their stated objectives and requirements in the recruitment process.

If anybody is stalling a ST purchase based on possible Manager recruitment, then maybe underperforming L2 Football Clubs aren't for them.

Good for you but there was people who stalled on buying an ST because they didnā€™t want to see another season like last season with Adams in charge. There were people who decided to buy a season ticket once Adams left and still some more when the first blooms of rumour about the candidates was known.

5 weeks later and we still donā€™t know who next seasonā€™s manager is let alone style or substance and there may be a few regretting their decision (I wonā€™t speak for them). That you donā€™t seem to care that weā€™ve 2-3 weeks before players report and we donā€™t know these things are the reason we got relegated last season because no-one understood how bad it was and how bad it was going to get.

Weā€™re in league two now and another bad season will us drop out of league football. Itā€™s happened to clubs with a richer history than us and those teams thought they were prepped.

We got relegated because I bought an Early Bird ST last Year ? Not sure how somebody buying / not buying a ST improves the quality of Squad or Seasons performance. We might well get relegated again, but it won't be my fault will it ?

Did I say that?

You questioned my saying about STs being sold when we donā€™t have a manager or team. You donā€™t think thatā€™s a fair point but I do. I wouldnā€™t have been fussed a few weeks ago but weā€™ll soon be closer to next season than last and WE ARE NOT PREPARING.

I blame you and all those who thought that one month last season was enough to see us safe and you waited, and you waited for the second purple patch to come. Had Adams gone earlier we may have got the 1 extra point that kept us up. We may not have but we delayed as we are now and some cannot or will not see the urgency needed.

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
āœ… Evergreen
āœØPasoti DonorāœØ
šŸŒŸSparksy MuralšŸŒŸ
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
PureGreen":if4l80t4 said:
Lowe just tweeted a goodbye to bury fc!!

Before he joins... Northampton? :lol:

OK, surely we're on the absolute verge now.

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
āœ… Evergreen
āœØPasoti DonorāœØ
šŸŒŸSparksy MuralšŸŒŸ
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
The 'me and my family' bit indicates he's moving a long way away ;)

Oct 20, 2015
FWIW (not a lot) according to "Lyndhurst View" on Twitter:

"A friend of mine spoke to Ian Holloway at the Waterfront Pup this evening and he confirmed he applied for the job but never even got interviewed. Said he wanted it too"

I called this out as weapons-grade BS. I don't have any firm evidence but it just sounds sooooo made up!

Aug 23, 2009
Southway
Did I say that?

You questioned my saying about STs being sold when we donā€™t have a manager or team. You donā€™t think thatā€™s a fair point but I do. I wouldnā€™t have been fussed a few weeks ago but weā€™ll soon be closer to next season than last and WE ARE NOT PREPARING.

I blame you and all those who thought that one month last season was enough to see us safe and you waited, and you waited for the second purple patch to come. Had Adams gone earlier we may have got the 1 extra point that kept us up. We may not have but we delayed as we are now and some cannot or will not see the urgency needed.[/quote]

Age , how do you know we are not preparing ? We donā€™t know whatā€™s going on behind the scenes. Maybe lots maybe nothing but we donā€™t know and we donā€™t have a right to.

If anyone wants to know and have an inside track on the goings on behind the scene they know what to do. Get in touch with Mr Hallett and put some real money into the club like he has.

Iā€™m sorry but as season ticket holders or even occasional tourists all that entitles us to is a seat for 90 minutes. ( 100 minutes if we appoint Ainsworth )

P

PAFC Galactico

Wait for the tweet from Steven Schumacher saying goodbye in the next 10 minutes too.

Aug 5, 2005
Right, so now we can safely say that Lowe was coming to us all along, and the silence was down to lawyers. Had the club said anything at all, it would have been used against us - enticement, tapping up etc

Everybody happy now?

Ottawa Green

Site Admin
Staff member
šŸ‡ØšŸ‡¦šŸ‡ØšŸ‡¦šŸ‡ØšŸ‡¦šŸ‡ØšŸ‡¦šŸ‡ØšŸ‡¦šŸ‡ØšŸ‡¦
Cream First
āœ… Evergreen
āœØPasoti DonorāœØ
Sep 18, 2003
Ottawa, Canada
ist by ā€Ž@Pasoti1

Plymouth Argyle FC
āœ”
@Only1Argyle
Plymouth Argyle Football Club is delighted to confirm the appointment of Ryan Lowe as the Pilgrims' new First-Team Manager.

Status
Not open for further replies.