Lowe in talks with Argyle (Confirmed) | Page 72 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Lowe in talks with Argyle (Confirmed)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 24, 2008
In interview said he was impressed with the club, chairman, directors, and ceo so obviously has had talks. Also that there would come a time when a decision would have to be made and would hope he would make the right one.

Jul 29, 2010
Costusdear":10jjob1a said:
Out of his own mouth ā€˜ no where near done ā€˜ hope this helps
Well there you have it...

1) 'It'll be announced tomorrow (Friday) or Saturday'

Confirmed as wrong.

2) "Done deal"

Confirmed as wrong too.

It's 'Nathan Jones' all over again.

Right i've tiptoed around the edges of feeling this for a good while but this does it for me now, whether he comes here or not. I don't want him.

We need the club to have a figurehead, a loyal leader who oozes enthusiasm for us and inspires loyalty and passion in others, not just the playing staff but the whole club and the fans.

Don't get me wrong, he has those qualities... trouble is he has them for another club, not Argyle. Our club should be no-one's insurance policy, no-ones backstop, it should be someone's passion.

By all accounts he's been down, he's seen what is on offer, what is being built both literally (the development) and metaphorically (the Argyle project) and still he's holding out for something else. Be it money, be it Bury, be it dilly dallying over relocating it doesn't matter. What he didn't do was say "f**k me I'm having some of that, where do I sign".

If he's the best man that the process has identified I would be worried. I suspect he's not he's just the only one we've had a public running commentary on. No more time wasting, no more hokey cokey.

Move on Simon, Argyle is bigger and better than being treated like this. Wherever he was in the pecking order, scrub his name out. Who now could possibly ever fully believe that his heart was fully in the job if he came?

Withdraw from the negotiations, thank him for his time and move on. Bring in the best candidate who rubs their hands together in glee at the prospect of being Argyle manager, who sees the potential and would walk over broken glass to grab the opportunity by the scruff of the neck. Someone who'll be in the office next week getting things started.

I still don't think he's top of the list anyway, just the leakiest in the list. But even if he was I'd sooner have someone further down the list who absolutely WANTS IT that someone who doesn't demonstrably want to grab the opportunity.

"Well it's all very nice 'n'all but you see I've got this other job with Sky this weekend and then I'm off with me bezzies in a camper van for a week. Don't call me, I'll call you like"

No thanks son, jog on

:wave:

Aug 24, 2008
The comments made by Lowe were on sky sports news approx 2.20 at Wembley interview with him and Danny Cowley. Also travelling to see champions league final via camper van next Thursday .

Apr 13, 2014
St Mawgan
Metal_Green_Mickey":27qq6rjo said:
blightfoot66":27qq6rjo said:
I repeat, Nothing about Argyle was mentioned by Ryan Lowe .

Was there something on sky sports news? I am reading some comments thatā€™s where people have seen it.
Apologies then, haven't seen Sky Sports News. But he did not mention anything at start of play off programme

Mar 14, 2009
X Isle":bdxmihhf said:
Costusdear":bdxmihhf said:

Confirmed as wrong.

2) "Done deal"

Confirmed as wrong too.

Right i've tiptoed around the edges of feeling this for a good while but this does it for me now, whether he comes here or not. I don't want him.

We need the club to have a figurehead, a loyal leader who oozes enthusiasm for us and inspires loyalty and passion in others, not just the playing staff but the whole club and the fans.

Don't get me wrong, he has those qualities... trouble is he has them for another club, not Argyle. Our club should be no-one's insurance policy, no-ones backstop, it should be someone's passion.

By all accounts he's been down, he's seen what is on offer, what is being built both literally (the development) and metaphorically (the Argyle project) and still he's holding out for something else. Be it money, be it Bury, be it dilly dallying over relocating it doesn't matter. What he didn't do was say "f**k me I'm having some of that, where do I sign".

If he's the best man that the process has identified I would be worried. I suspect he's not he's just the only one we've had a public running commentary on. No more time wasting, no more hokey cokey.

Move on Simon, Argyle is bigger and better than being treated like this. Wherever he was in the pecking order, scrub his name out. Who now could possibly ever fully believe that his heart was fully in the job if he came?

Withdraw from the negotiations, thank him for his time and move on. Bring in the best candidate who rubs their hands together in glee at the prospect of being Argyle manager, who sees the potential and would walk over broken glass to grab the opportunity by the scruff of the neck. Someone who'll be in the office next week getting things started.

I still don't think he's top of the list anyway, just the leakiest in the list. But even if he was I'd sooner have someone further down the list who absolutely WANTS IT that someone who doesn't demonstrably want to grab the opportunity.

"Well it's all very nice 'n'all but you see I've got this other job with Sky this weekend and then I'm off with me bezzies in a camper van for a week. Don't call me, I'll call you like"

No thanks son, jog on

You might want someone committed to Argyle.

However, even what we thought the most so called loyal of mangers mr Holloway ā€œI bleed Green n Whiteā€ eventually left us.

We all want loyalty and commitment. However, football isnā€™t the sport to follow if you want that. The Argyle players at Accrington should have at least made that statement very clear.

Tugboat

Cream First
šŸ‡°šŸ‡Ŗ Welicar Donor
āœ… Evergreen
āœØPasoti DonorāœØ
šŸŒŸSparksy MuralšŸŒŸ
Feb 24, 2007
X Isle":2budq5y3 said:
Costusdear":2budq5y3 said:

Confirmed as wrong.

2) "Done deal"

Confirmed as wrong too.

No thanks son, jog on

I agree with that.

Time to move on.

Aug 17, 2011
Kings Tamerton
Tugboat":3mf2kfaf said:
X Isle":3mf2kfaf said:
Costusdear":3mf2kfaf said:

Confirmed as wrong.

2) "Done deal"

Confirmed as wrong too.

No thanks son, jog on

I agree with that.

Time to move on.

Agree with all that. If he has been offered the position, heā€™s biding his time and using todays punditry and next weekā€™s CL final to bide his time in the hope that Bury get their act together. Withdraw any offer made and move on. We owe him nothing and we need to look after ourselves. If it still goes t1ts up at Bury and heā€™s either working for nothing or out of work heā€™s only got himself to blame.

Apr 20, 2011
Tetbury
I really, strongly feel a lot of our fans need to have a reality check.

The whole conversation of a deal being ā€˜imminentā€™ has come from social media and other sources of conjecture. Neither the club or Ryan Lowe (or anyone else who could actually set the agenda) have said a thing.

We donā€™t know for a fact that anyone has been offered the job. We donā€™t know for a fact that anyone is mulling it over. We donā€™t know if a delay has been caused by a clubs financial issues. We donā€™t know if any particular individual has familial considerations that have delayed an announcement.

Iā€™m staggered (although I shouldnā€™t be and should know better) that Lowe is being written off for delaying, etc. etc. when no one knows if itā€™s true!!!!!

We all need to be patient and wait for an announcement - then we can start legitimately knicker twisting if we wish.

Mar 14, 2009
I agree. Except fans donā€™t have patience lol.

All l would say is l donā€™t understand the extending the early bird the way we have when surely people are waiting to decide whether to renew after hearing who the new manager is. So l think this could of been handled better by the club. Eg extend it to beginning of a June after pay day for most people.

Jan 10, 2006
Shanghai
Centre Circle":1375ea9x said:
I really, strongly feel a lot of our fans need to have a reality check.

The whole conversation of a deal being ā€˜imminentā€™ has come from social media and other sources of conjecture. Neither the club or Ryan Lowe (or anyone else who could actually set the agenda) have said a thing.

We donā€™t know for a fact that anyone has been offered the job. We donā€™t know for a fact that anyone is mulling it over. We donā€™t know if a delay has been caused by a clubs financial issues. We donā€™t know if any particular individual has familial considerations that have delayed an announcement.

Iā€™m staggered (although I shouldnā€™t be and should know better) that Lowe is being written off for delaying, etc. etc. when no one knows if itā€™s true!!!!!

We all need to be patient and wait for an announcement - then we can start legitimately knicker twisting if we wish.

Totally agree with this.

Status
Not open for further replies.